PDA

View Full Version : Republican Party's Rating Plummets To 'Record Low'

JCDenton0451
10-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Republican Party's Rating Plummets To 'Record Low' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/republican-party-rating_n_4072716.html)
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-10-09-GallupGOPFavorability.png

Just 28 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the Republican Party, down 10 percentage points from last month, according to a Gallup poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-party-favorability-sinks-record-low.aspx). The polling firm called it a "record low," noting that "this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

While the Democratic Party isn’t popular either, it fared better, with 43 percent of Americans approving of the party -- down a comparatively small 4 points from September.

In Gallup's tracking, the only previous loss of approval that came anywhere close for the Republicans was a drop from 43 to 31 percent immediately following the House of Representatives vote to impeach President Bill Clinton in December 1998. As The New Republic's Nate Cohn notes (https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/388011052618641408), the only good news for the Republicans is that the last time, their rating snapped back to 40 percent a few weeks later.

Nonetheless, the negative perceptions of Republicans during the impeachment debate helped Democrats to gain five House seats in the November 1998 election. That was the first time since 1934 (http://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/05/us/1998-elections-congress-overview-gop-scramble-over-blame-for-poor-showing-polls.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm) that the president's party gained seats in a midterm election.

The Gallup poll surveyed 1,028 adults between Oct. 3 and Oct. 6.

better-dead-than-fed
10-09-2013, 04:41 PM
the Democratic Party... fared betterhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/republican-party-rating_n_4072716.html

Is this related to the Democratic Party's efforts to extort money from taxpayers and give it to Democrats?

LibertyEagle
10-09-2013, 05:01 PM
//

LibertyEagle
10-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Actually, it says EITHER party.

"this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

enhanced_deficit
10-09-2013, 05:04 PM
SWC Obama's rating have plunged to 37%.
Maybe it's all that bilnking (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/matt-miller-president-obama-keeps-blinking-under-pressure/2013/09/18/f606a27c-2061-11e3-94a2-6c66b668ea55_story.html).

That said, polls can be easily manipulated by both sides, media batting for Dems is showing signs of despair and 'inflict maximum pain startegy' is starting to bckfire for Obama puppet masters. I would put little credence into transient polls like these.
If any calls were made to Gallop CEO by White House insiders, that should be made public too if were captured by No Such Agncy.

10-09-2013, 05:04 PM
To be expected. The GOP can win this but takes a huge approval rating hit. When the 17th passes and the debt is still serviced with no default, it will go back up as the public realizes the democrats and the stupid box lied to them.

jllundqu
10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll wager my next years paycheck that there will be an 11th hour deal to avoid the debt ceiling debacle.

The GOP as a party is over.

JCDenton0451
10-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Actually, it says EITHER party.

"this is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992."

Exactly. It's the all-time record in terms of negative approval, which now belongs to the GOP. A new low.:eek:

To be expected. The GOP can win this but takes a huge approval rating hit. When the 17th passes and the debt is still serviced with no default, it will go back up as the public realizes the democrats and the stupid box lied to them.

Define "winning". I can imagine Obama throwing a bone to Boehner, allowing him to save face, but there is basically zero chance that Obamacare will be stopped, altered or delayed.

Snew
10-09-2013, 05:28 PM
...and deservedly so...

torchbearer
10-09-2013, 05:29 PM
the media can sway many.
control the inputs, control the outputs.

erowe1
10-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Cool.

It's ripe for the picking.

Brett85
10-09-2013, 06:19 PM
...and deservedly so...

Do you realize that most Americans dislike the GOP because they think the GOP wants government to be too small? They don't dislike the GOP for the same reasons that people here do.

Paulbot99
10-09-2013, 06:23 PM
It figures. The GOP do one thing right and sheeple cry about the government shutting down.

DamianTV
10-09-2013, 06:23 PM
The funny thing about this thread is that the Rating for the Republican Party has absolutely nothing to do with Real Republicans. Most of the "Republicans" in office are not True Republicans, they are Self Serving Facist Warmongers. The decline in their Approval Rating is only revealing that more and more people are aware that their Actions are not those of a True Republican Party, but a Plutocracy who operates at the Expense of the People they act like they serve.

erowe1
10-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Most of the "Republicans" in office are not True Republicans, they are Self Serving Facist Warmongers.

That sounds like real Republicans to me.

DamianTV
10-09-2013, 06:29 PM
That sounds like real Republicans to me.

Ron Paul is a Real Republican. The rest just wear the Label because it hides their True Natures.

erowe1
10-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Ron Paul is a Real Republican. The rest just wear the Label because it hides their True Natures.

I see it the other way around.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Define "winning". I can imagine Obama throwing a bone to Boehner, allowing him to save face, but there is basically zero chance that Obamacare will be stopped, altered or delayed.

They haven't been trying to STOP ObamaCare for some time. They are trying to ensure that those same Democrats who passed this stupid legislation, along with their corporate benefactors, have to use it too.

LibertyEagle
10-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I'll wager my next years paycheck that there will be an 11th hour deal to avoid the debt ceiling debacle.

:rolleyes: People have said that many times before and if it ever happens, you can be sure the same people you hate that are in there now, will pop up in a new party and we will have to start all over again. So, don't get too happy about all this.

angelatc
10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
:rolleyes: People have said that many times before and if it ever happens, you can be sure the same people you hate that are in there now, will pop up in a new party and we will have to start all over again. So, don't get too happy about all this.

yeah, they said that when Obama was elected, only to lose the House a mere 2 years later.

DamianTV
10-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I see it the other way around.

I think we could go back and forth on nitpicking the specifics of each others points of views. What I think would benefit everyone equally is to ignore any Labels given and instead observe the behavior and actions of Representatives to determine their trustworthiness on an individual basis. IE, that guy earned your trust, but hasnt earned mine, by his Actions, not by a Label they are branded with. We each make up our own minds. Then the Labels dont have the ability to alter perceptions that they used to. Just because a Man wears a Suit and Tie does not make him Honest. Likewise, just because a person wears a Hoodie and has Tatoos does not fairly reflect that persons Dishonesty. It is the Illusion of Trust that allows for Misplaced Power in the Minds and Hearts of the People.

JCDenton0451
10-10-2013, 06:19 AM
It figures. The GOP do one thing right and sheeple cry about the government shutting down.

You should have seen this coming. Most people are not radicals: they don't want to destroy the government. They may not like Obamacare, but it's not worth burning the house down.

tod evans
10-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Just because a Man wears a Suit and Tie does not make him Honest.

I trust the suit-n-tie brigade exactly as far as I can drop-kick an anvil..

better-dead-than-fed
10-10-2013, 06:45 AM
You should have seen this coming. Most people are not radicals: they don't want to destroy the government.

By "destroying the government", you mean refusing to fund programs which hurt children, like Obamacare? By "radicals", you mean people who refuse to fund programs which hurt children, like Obamacare?

it's not worth burning the house down.

By "burning the house down", you mean refusing to fund programs which hurt children, like Obamacare? I don't understand why you want to hurt children, but you should have seen this coming.

kcchiefs6465
10-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Do you realize that most Americans dislike the GOP because they think the GOP wants government to be too small? They don't dislike the GOP for the same reasons that people here do.
Not exactly, though I'm sure there are some.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-10-2013, 07:16 AM
You should have seen this coming. Most people are not radicals: they don't want to destroy the government. They may not like Obamacare, but it's not worth burning the house down.

The house has been flaming since 1960. Kinda like that slow fireplace burn.

Peace&Freedom
10-10-2013, 07:21 AM

The Republican party will never be over, until the establishment that needs both it and the Democratic party is over. It exists to give people the duopoly illusion they have a choice, while pushing for 70% of the same expanded government the Democrats are pushing for. "The difference between Democrats and us is they want to grow the government 20%, while we want to grow it 14%" (Dole, 1996). The Ryan budget plan in 2012 was about growing the government at about the two-thirds the rate the Democratic plan would, over the same period. Ron Paul pointed out the GOP leadership was opposed to even modestly cutting the rate of increase in military spending from 20% to 18%. And so on.

The special interests (big Biz/banksters, MIC, lobbies, etc) want the government growing at 14%-20% or more, so the politicians and media they control paint that as the 'mainstream' that sensible people must relent to, and the framework we must all be restricted to. The purpose of the major parties IS to cut those 11th hour deals that keep the Total State government permanently going, growing, borrowing, spending and taxing, and never the reverse. Their very purpose is to keep the 'radicals' who object to any of this from winning, on behalf of the elite interests they actually represent.

10-10-2013, 08:04 AM

No debt ceiling increase. All the GOP has to do is stay firm. There won't be a default. The deficit has been reduced enough since 2011 that the debt can be serviced without a default and only spending cuts. Obamacare is already failing on it's own and forcing spending cuts will just make it die faster. The GOP might get a one year delay on Obamacare.

The GOP really does have the democrats by the short hairs right now, if they are willing to take the PR hit, they will win.

ZENemy
10-10-2013, 08:08 AM
The two party system is over.

Lucille
10-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Republican Party's Rating Plummets To 'Record Low'

http://mobtownballroom.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pearlclutching.jpg

DamianTV
10-11-2013, 01:00 AM

Say hello to the Neocon Republi-crats!

Cleaner44
10-11-2013, 01:14 AM
Who cares about party ratings? Its a 2 party system. By the time Obama is done with his 2nd term, America will be as sick of Democrats as they were after 8 years of Bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70

Dary
10-11-2013, 05:48 AM
... it's not worth burning the house down.

When it is a termite infested, mold plagued, asbestos filled, radon emitting, crack house, Bob Villa couldn't rebuild it.

Even the foundation has cracks in it.

speciallyblend
10-11-2013, 05:56 AM
they are correct, even this 9 year republican has had it with the failed gop. f them.

speciallyblend
10-11-2013, 05:57 AM
When it is a termite infested, mold plagued, asbestos filled, radon emitting, crack house, Bob Villa couldn't rebuild it.

Even the foundation has cracks in it.

The gop will be the next alternative fossil fuel.

10-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Who cares about party ratings? Its a 2 party system. By the time Obama is done with his 2nd term, America will be as sick of Democrats as they were after 8 years of Bush.

Unless Hillary runs. The stupid box will have them chomping at the bit to put a woman in the white house, even if it's Hillary.

cajuncocoa
10-11-2013, 06:12 AM

Yep, it's a two-party system and we're determined to make sure it stays that way. Keep giving voters what they clearly don't want, and tell them that they're throwing their vote away if they want to choose an alternative party candidate that they do like. And keep supporting the system that insures it stays this way.

angelatc
10-11-2013, 07:32 AM
You should have seen this coming. Most people are not radicals: they don't want to destroy the government..

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164591/americans-belief-gov-powerful-record-level.aspx

All time record number of Americans think government is too powerful.

angelatc
10-11-2013, 07:34 AM
they are correct, even this 9 year republican has had it with the failed gop. f them.

Speaking of things we saw coming...we knew as soon as pot was legal in your state you'd be gone. Now you can go back to the Democrats and vote for socialized medicine.

Cleaner44
10-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Unless Hillary runs. The stupid box will have them chomping at the bit to put a woman in the white house, even if it's Hillary.

This is as stupid as rascist comments comments that some people make when they say that Obama got elected because he is black. Hillary couldn't even beat Obama in 2007 and after seeing her up close in Bengazi and such, the public is not more in love with her. If she even decides to run, she has a ton of baggage. Even if she pulled out the nomination, Rand Paul would destroy her in the general election.

Yep, it's a two-party system and we're determined to make sure it stays that way. Keep giving voters what they clearly don't want, and tell them that they're throwing their vote away if they want to choose an alternative party candidate that they do like. And keep supporting the system that insures it stays this way.

The only chance I see of dumping our 2 party system would be to radically change the voting to some type of preferential voting system, such as instant-runoff voting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting)(seen below). If we could make that happen then we would be in much better shape, but of course the Republicrats will fight tooth and nail to maintain their monopoly.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Preferential_ballot.svg/463px-Preferential_ballot.svg.png

JCDenton0451
10-11-2013, 09:08 AM
NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP (http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/10/20903624-nbcwsj-poll-shutdown-debate-damages-gop?lite)

The Republican Party has been badly damaged in the ongoing government shutdown and debt limit standoff, with a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finding that a majority of Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown, and with the party’s popularity declining to its lowest level.

By a 22-point margin (53 percent to 31 percent), the public blames the Republican Party more for the shutdown than President Barack Obama – a wider margin of blame for the GOP than the party received during the poll during the last shutdown in 1995-96.

Just 24 percent of respondents have a favorable opinion about the GOP, and only 21 percent have a favorable view of the Tea Party, which are both at all-time lows in the history of poll.

JK/SEA
10-11-2013, 09:16 AM
OH...OK...i see the problem...

NBC/WSJ...are these guys neutral on political issues?....

JCDenton0451
10-11-2013, 09:27 AM
OH...OK...i see the problem...

NBC/WSJ...are these guys neutral on political issues?....

WSJ is a Republican outlet, NBC is Democrat-leaning. But Gallup is non-partisan.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-10-09-GallupGOPFavorability.png

better-dead-than-fed
10-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Gallup is non-partisan.

Is there a Gallup poll of which sides has more guns because I think that's going to be decisive.

JK/SEA
10-11-2013, 09:31 AM
WSJ/NBC...both carry water for liberals. Gallup is better, but seriously, these pollsters have never had that much good integrity, but if it makes you feel better thinking that you, personally are advancing your liberal agenda...i laugh.

JCDenton0451
10-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I oppose Obamacare as much as everyone else, but I also like to stay in touch with reality. It's people like you or angela, who help advancing liberal agenda by engaging in magical thinking.

AuH20
10-11-2013, 09:46 AM
A strong, relentless minority can steer the remnants to freedom. Never forget that. We have 35% to 40% that are not fond of what's transpiring and probably 5 to 10% that would physically fight to keep what's theirs. So all the zombie polling doesn't worry me abit since the zombies will fall in line like the betas that they are.

Cleaner44
10-11-2013, 11:29 AM
This is for you Denton... or should I say Frank?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4

torchbearer
10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Is there a Gallup poll of which sides has more guns because I think that's going to be decisive.

one side is taught to fear guns, and probably have rejected their own personal ownership of such devices.
meaning this civil war will be won by the sons of liberty.

angelatc
10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I oppose Obamacare as much as everyone else, but I also like to stay in touch with reality. It's people like you or angela, who help advancing liberal agenda by engaging in magical thinking.

Yeah, right. Go along to get along worked so well for us in the past that obviously we need to go back to that strategy.

jllundqu
10-21-2013, 09:42 AM

Aaaaaaaaand thank you. Is this where I tell Frankrep "I told you so?"

AngryCanadian
10-21-2013, 01:01 PM

It seems that way.

Natural Citizen
10-21-2013, 01:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-41ve90rks8

libertygold
10-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe the Republican Party is plummeting because they aren't actually conservative and don't actually care about liberty. Maybe the media should take that angle instead of assuming that everyone just loves the Democrats.