PDA

View Full Version : McConnell implicated at contentious Senate meeting

AuH20
10-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Supposedly told Lee and Cruz that they are traitors for allaying with Freedom Works and SCF.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/08/heres-the-republican-senator-who-allegedly-insinuated-freedomworks-supporters-were-traitors-in-ruthless-closed-door-meeting/

ClydeCoulter
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Nope, Republicans don't have enough problems to keep them busy. Need another enemy, within.

Extra, extra, read all about it: "The democrat wing of the republican party at war with the libertarian wing of the republican party"

JK/SEA
10-09-2013, 07:53 AM
no worries.

its all part of the strategy.

AuH20
10-09-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm down for a Bevin money bomb. I've never trusted the Kentucky swamp turtle.

specsaregood
10-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Supposedly told Lee and Cruz that they are traitors for allaying with Freedom Works and SCF.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/08/heres-the-republican-senator-who-allegedly-insinuated-freedomworks-supporters-were-traitors-in-ruthless-closed-door-meeting/

To be fair:

UPDATE II:
A spokesman for Senator Mitch McConnell told TheBlaze: “The anonymous claim is false. He neither said nor insinuated that.”

and this also hurts the credibility as far as i'm concerned:

Beck said he was given the information by someone who is not on his “usual list of friends” and who, if he gave you the name, you would probably not think “he’s on our side.”

just saying.... anonymous sources spreading gossip aren't exactly reliable.

AuH20
10-09-2013, 08:46 AM
To be fair:

and this also hurts the credibility as far as i'm concerned:

just saying.... anonymous sources spreading gossip aren't exactly reliable.

True. But this is Mitch McConnell we're talking about here. The former Senate Majority Leader who was the rubberstamp for nearly everyone of George W. Bush's disastrous policies. It's like the Scorpion and the Frog tale. This is in McConnell's nature to say something like this. Secondly, he never wanted Rand Paul in the senate.

specsaregood
10-09-2013, 08:59 AM
True. But this is Mitch McConnell we're talking about here. The former Senate Majority Leader who was the rubberstamp for nearly everyone of George W. Bush's disastrous policies. It's like the Scorpion and the Frog tale. This is in McConnell's nature to say something like this. Secondly, he never wanted Rand Paul in the senate.

He may not have ever wanted Rand Paul in the Senate; but at the same time, he may now want to see a Rand Paul in the presidency. The people spreading these rumors, you think they want that? A senate minority leader can be a powerful ally, if Rand won the presidential election convincingly, that minority leader status could very well likely be converted to majority leader. Do you doubt that McConnell would prefer to finish off his career as majority leader?

AuH20
10-09-2013, 09:09 AM
He may not have ever wanted Rand Paul in the Senate; but at the same time, he may now want to see a Rand Paul in the presidency. The people spreading these rumors, you think they want that? A senate minority leader can be a powerful ally, if Rand won the presidential election convincingly, that minority leader status could very well likely be converted to majority leader. Do you doubt that McConnell would prefer to finish off his career as majority leader?

McConnell is a slimy Washington lifer. The fact that Rand made an alliance with him doesn't change that. A leopard doesn't change it's spots unless it's up for re-election. John McCain did the same thing and afterwards, went right back to being John McCain.

specsaregood
10-09-2013, 09:15 AM
McConnell is a slimy Washington lifer. The fact that Rand made an alliance with him doesn't change that. A leopard doesn't change it's spots unless it's up for re-election. John McCain did the same thing and afterwards, went right back to being John McCain.

I'm not disputing that. What I'm suggesting is that if he is an opportunist looking out for his own self-interests; then a Rand Paul presidency might just serve those interests best.