PDA

View Full Version : TX-Cop shoots Lab dog in road.

Anti Federalist
10-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Answers?

The answer, Ross family, is simple:

Officer Safety was ensured.

Policy was followed.

Whitesboro Police Officer Shoots Dog While Investigating Complaint

Posted: Oct 03, 2013 11:11 PM EDT

By Alex Belser, Reporter - email

http://www.kten.com/story/23606582/whitesboro-police-officer-shoots-dog-after-getting-complaint

http://kten.images.worldnow.com/images/23606582_BG2.jpg

WHITESBORO, TX -- A Texoma family is looking for answers after they found their pet dog dead in the road, killed by a police officer.

This isn't the first time police have received complaints about this dog running loose. The officer claims it was self defense, but the family says the bullet holes tell a different story.

For two years, a black lab named Daisy was the pride and joy of a Whitesboro couple, growing up alongside their new baby.

"My daughter called me screaming hysterically, and I got in the car and drove back over here and when I got here, of course Daisy was in the road, bleeding, she was already dead, and the officer and the chief of police were standing out here," says witness Rhonda Ludlam.

Police say around noon Saturday, an officer responded to a complaint of an animal roaming at large on Brookshear Lane, and when he stepped on to the curb, the dog jumped off the porch.

"He retreated into the middle of the road to try to get away from the dog," says Police Chief Scott Taylor. "The dog continued after him, to attack him. The officer had no choice but to discharge his firearm. He did fire four shots of two-round bursts each time to stop the dog attack."

Owner Blake Ross says when he left to go around the corner with his wife to see Ludlam, who is his mother-in-law, at her house, the dog was across the street playing with neighbors' kids.

"The officer said that she tried to lunge at him, which was inconsistent with the bullet wounds. All the bullet wounds were in the side, and one I believe right through here, in the back of the head," says Ross.

The family says they're still upset about coming home to find the dog shot dead in the middle of the street, but police say the officer felt he had to shoot for his own safety.

"You've got to shoot until the dog's quit. You understand that a dog coming at you, you're not just gonna shoot once, you've gotta shoot until the dog stops," says Taylor.

"Before I even got out of the car when we stopped, the officer had his Taser out, why? You can pull your Taser that quickly on me, but you can't pull it on my dog?" says Ross.

Meantime, the family says they still have questions about the incident. "I don't know where they're getting that four at, we have the bullet casings and there was five," says Ludlam. 'This dog was not aggressive at all! She ran up and down this street. Two-year-old kids in diapers climbed on her back."

The family says the complaints started when Daisy went to the bathroom on a neighbor's lawn. Neighbors tell us they'd seen her running free on the street. The family buried Daisy and got a new dog.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Get a rope.

tod evans
10-09-2013, 05:36 AM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

EBounding
10-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Good morning everyone. :mad:

"Before I even got out of the car when we stopped, the officer had his Taser out, why? You can pull your Taser that quickly on me, but you can't pull it on my dog?" says Ross.

aGameOfThrones
10-09-2013, 06:51 AM
"He retreated into the middle of the road to try to get away from the dog," says Police Chief Scott Taylor. "The dog continued after him, to attack him. The officer had no choice but to discharge his firearm. He did fire four shots of two-round bursts each time to stop the dog attack."

Auto response, mundanes.

The family says the complaints started when Daisy went to the bathroom on a neighbor's lawn. Neighbors tell us they'd seen her running free on the street. The family buried Daisy and got a new dog.

You called the cops over that? You motherfucker piece of shit excuse for a human being asshole. Do you know how many dogs(from neighbors that got loose/ownerless) pee on my street? How many pee near my house everyday? If I have a problem with it I don't call the fucking police, asshole, I go to my neighbor to complain.

Daisy, you were too Free.

jtap
10-09-2013, 07:14 AM
...the officer had no choice...

BS!

mac_hine
10-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Cops also kill their own dogs...

Police K9 Found Dead From Heat Stroke in Officer’s Patrol Car
http://dogingtonpost.com/police-k9-found-dead-from-heat-stroke-in-officers-patrol-car/#.UlVXnZm9Kc1

kathy88
10-09-2013, 07:27 AM
I'm surprised the bleeding heart lib animal lovers aren't putting up more of a stink over all these canine assassinations....

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-09-2013, 07:55 AM
You called the cops over that?

Nazi Germany neighbors called the gestapo on everything under the sun. Up to 90% of the gestapo arrests resulted from a neighbor ratting out another neighbor. Better watch your neighbor as much as the government.

Anti Federalist
10-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Nazi Germany neighbors called the gestapo on everything under the sun. Up to 90% of the gestapo arrests resulted from a neighbor ratting out another neighbor. Better watch your neighbor as much as the government.

This is correct and true:

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was—for the most part—made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information.[36] Gellately argued that it was because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933 and 1945 was a prime example of panopticism.[37] Indeed, the Gestapo—at times—was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations.[38] Many of the local offices were understaffed and overworked, struggling with the paper load caused by so many denunciations.[39] Gellately has also suggested that the Gestapo was "a reactive organization" "...which was constructed within German society and whose functioning was structurally dependent on the continuing co-operation of German citizens".[40]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo

Also interesting to note is how even low ranking Gestapo agents made more than the average private sector employee.

We are Nazi Germany, 1936 or so.