PDA

View Full Version : How to get that social conservative endorsement?

Mikezelot
10-09-2013, 12:29 AM
I am running for County Commissioner and there is a large social conservative element to my district. I frequent the meetings of the local social conservative organization and they love me there but said they can't because they have already endorsed my opponent who is the currant incumbent that i am against in the primary. I told them that as county commissioner I plan to completely stop funding to planned parent hood in the county and that my opponent has never even brought it up at a county meeting in his three years in office but that was not enough for them. What should I do?

z9000
10-09-2013, 11:28 AM
this has always been a hot button issue

angelatc
10-09-2013, 11:45 AM
My advice? Don't spend any more time on it. If you can get a mailing list from them, even if it's something small you throw together just based on the people you know in the meetings, knock on their doors or call them up and ask them for their votes. If you want to win, every minute that you have free should be talking to people asking them for their vote.

Most people have never talked to their representative. Getting a call or a knock on a door from some guy who is generally interested in their thoughts is a game hanger. (Make sure you are interested in their thoughts, and not just interested in sharing yours though. I struggle with that.)

They made an endorsement, and unless your opponent self-destructs they're going to stick with it.