PDA

View Full Version : Incredible interview from Greg Brannon

wealeat
10-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Watch this all the way through. He is the real deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJ2_smGt5A&feature=youtu.be

Mr.NoSmile
10-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Well, we know what's next. Save it, send it, share it where you can. Take the best quotes from it if you post it somewhere. Constant tweets, Facebook posts and press releases are one thing- it's another to hear it come from the candidate themselves. Also, just from the first question alone- stuff about being raised by a single parent and being the first person from his family to go to college, stuff like that is what a lot of people can relate to...all right, I have no scale to base that off of, but I think it's relatable.

All that said, with yet another person now entering the race in the form of Mark Willis:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9270420

This can either turn into a scenario similar to South Carolina, where all candidates can siphon away from the incumbent if they don't attack each other, or just split the vote in Hagan's favor since she's the incumbent.

gnuschler
10-09-2013, 09:19 AM
This can either turn into a scenario similar to South Carolina, where all candidates can siphon away from the incumbent if they don't attack each other, or just split the vote in Hagan's favor since she's the incumbent.

I don't understand how this will split the vote in Hagan's favor in a Republican primary? Is there a run-off if no one garners 50%?

Mr.NoSmile
10-09-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't understand how this will split the vote in Hagan's favor in a Republican primary? Is there a run-off if no one garners 50%?

That's the thing. I know that's the case in South Carolina, but I'm unfamiliar with North Carolina's.

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Hagan is a Democrat. She will not have competition in the Primary. Different situation than SC, where Graham is a Republican.

ClydeCoulter
10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I really like what I heard from him in that video, yes I did!

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
It looks like it takes 40% to win the primary in NC. It's likely we will have a GOP primary run-off in this race.

If no candidate reaches 40 percent in the May primary the race goes into a seven-week runoff,

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/322257-too-many-republican-hopefuls-help-hagans-chances

ClydeCoulter
10-09-2013, 11:31 AM
It looks like it takes 40% to win the primary in NC. It's likely we will have a GOP primary run-off in this race.

So, there are three Republicans running now, maybe four if Phil Berger runs.

Started sharing the video in the OP

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2013, 11:37 AM
So, there are three Republicans running now, maybe four if Phil Berger runs.

Started sharing the video in the OP

Berger is staying out. The establishment doesn't want to split their vote. Harris is probably backed by neo-conservatives to try to siphon away from Brannon.

Bastiat's The Law
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Rev. Harris will attempt to play the social conservative spoiler and allow the establishment candidate coast to victory. Brannon needs money right now. We should organize a big money bomb and promote it for a couple months.

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Rev. Harris will attempt to play the social conservative spoiler and allow the establishment candidate coast to victory. Brannon needs money right now. We should organize a big money bomb and promote it for a couple months.

It appears that Harris is the other establishment candidate, with Berger's people backing him.

Rev. Mark Harris won't officially enter North Carolina's U.S, Senate race until next week. But he's already snared another former official of the state Republican Party to run his campaign.

Harris announced that Mike Rusher will manage his campaign. Rusher, former chief of staff for the state GOP, joins former state party chairman Robin Hayes, who will co-chair the Harris campaign.

Harris is pastor of Charlotte's First Baptist Church and president of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina. He plans a fly-around announcement tour on Oct. 2, starting in Wilmington and ending in Charlotte.

Rusher headed the national GOP Victory Campaign in North Carolina until early August in 2012. Before that he was an aide to state Senate Leader Phil Berger. The announcement of his position with the Harris campaign comes a day after Berger formally bowed out of the Senate race.

Read more here: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/former_top_gop_operative_to_manage_mark_harriss_se nate_campaign

Bastiat's The Law
10-10-2013, 12:31 PM
It appears that Harris is the other establishment candidate, with Berger's people backing him.

Yup, Harris is establishment too. He's basically a Santorum or Huckabee type. He'll wear his social conservative credentials on his sleeve though to stifle Brannon from picking up this demographic.

Bastiat's The Law
10-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Good overview.

The mainstream media is trying to cast Mark Harris's entry into the GOP's US Senate primary as an inside-outside fight between Harris and state House speaker Thom Tillis. Tillis's campaign is loaded up with establishment figures from Raleigh and Charlotte. But it is a stretch to call Harris an outsider candidate. His consultant is nationally-renowned Tom Perdue of Georgia, and former congressman and NCGOP chairman Robin Hayes is his chairman. His staff is loaded with former NCGOP employees. These rosters read like an intra-squad scrimmage between the members of the GOP establishment.

Conventional wisdom is out there that Harris was pulled into the race to slice conservative support from Tea Party favorite Greg Brannon - who is fundraising and polling well against establishment favorite Tillis. It came out today that Robin Hayes personally flew Harris around the state Wednesday in his (Hayes') personal aircraft for a barnstorming campaign roll-out. Harris is closely tied to former Charlotte mayor and current governor Pat McCrory. McCrory was the featured speaker at Harris' installation at Charlotte's First Baptist Church.

The timing of Harris' formal announcement is also curious. It comes just after the third quarter campaign reports were due. The next reporting deadline is not until the end of the year. If Harris had announced a little earlier, he would have had to release details on his campaign finances. I am betting that those reports would have shown his campaign is mostly financed by Hayes, the Hayes family, and other Hayes-connected sources.

You can tell a lot about someone by the company they keep. Taylor Griffin is surrounding himself with heavy-hitters from the DC and Raleigh political establishment. Greg Brannon is associating himself with people like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee. Mark Harris and Thom Tillis are surrounding themselves with people who have a record of trying to stomp out the Tea Party in North Carolina.

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2013, 12:21 PM