PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Obama To His Debt Ceiling Opponents: YOU'RE A DEADBEAT!!!

AuH20
10-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Is this guy a real person? :D Leader of the most egregious "deadbeat" nation to ever grace the surface of this planet making this type of absurd accusation?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/08/obama_on_those_against_raising_debt_ceiling_youre_ a_deadbeat.html

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Everybody should say one of the most valuable things we have is America's credit worthiness. This is not something we should even come close to fooling around with. So when I read people saying, no, this wouldn't be a big deal, we should test it out. Let's take default out for a spin and see how it rides.

I say, imagine in your private life if you decided that I'm not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two. First of all, you're not saving money by not saving your mortgage. You're just a deadbeat. And you can anticipate that will hurt your credit, which means that in addition to debt collectors calling, you're going to have trouble borrowing in the future. And if you are able to borrow in the future, you're going to have to borrow at a higher rate. What's true for individuals is also true for nations, even the most powerful nation on earth.

puppetmaster
10-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I take that as a threat.....you used the word dead in reference to me. FBI NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE YOU

ZENemy
10-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Double speak gets the people that don't do their research.

People that do not do their research outnumber us all.

aGameOfThrones
10-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Just waiting on the speech regarding some finacial help on those families that can't pay their mortgage because they have too much debt and bought too much house.

Dary
10-08-2013, 02:23 PM
He even quoted someone else as saying that it would be tantamount to a nuke explosion going off.

10-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey Obama, if you can't pay your mortgage, you don't borrow money to pay it. You stop spending.

Zippyjuan
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey Obama, if you can't pay your mortgage, you don't borrow money to pay it. You stop spending.

Congress writes all spending bills (they aproved the spending with budget authorizations and are also potentially not allowing borrowing to pay for the spending they called for). The President only gets to sign or veto them. Contact your representatives.

He even quoted someone else as saying that it would be tantamount to a nuke explosion going off.

Heard that. Says it came from Warren Buffet.

roho76
10-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Deadbeats print money they don't have and can't make on their own and give it away and then bitch when nobody wants to pay the bill.

10-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Congress writes all spending bills (they aproved the spending with budget authorizations and are also potentially not allowing borrowing to pay for the spending they called for). The President only gets to sign or veto them. Contact your representatives.

No point, my rep is a democrat who always votes party line on spending.