PDA

View Full Version : Did Japan's finance minister just tell Obama to blink ?

enhanced_deficit
10-08-2013, 07:24 AM
on debt ceiling fight with GOP-Tea party? Not in those words but this may force SWC Obama to get off the 'my way or highway' windmill:

Big Creditors China, Japan Press U.S. to Resolve Debt Row (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-creditors-china-japan-press-u-resolve-debt-121113714--business.html) Reuters Japan's finance minister pressed the United States on Tuesday to quickly resolve its political deadlock over government finances to avoid a fiscal crisis that could damage the global economy.

tangent4ronpaul
10-08-2013, 07:57 AM
This could be a tipping point with the US dollar loosing it's status as the worlds reserve currency. Various countries have been pushing for this for years.

It's actually got a couple of serious up sides. Like forcing the gvmt to balance it's books and live within it's means (downsize). It would also be really nice to be able to find US made shoes and clothing again...

Oh-Bomb-us's political capitol is hitting red ink and in freefall! w00t!

-t

HOLLYWOOD
10-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Japan has near ZERO leverage... Most Alaskan oil goes to the far east, e.g., Japan. Japan had to ask for permission from the U.S., to buy cheaper Iranian crude oil too... which magically, is seems to never be reported by U.S. Fascist-Corporatist Media and shows the hypocrisy of Washington DC government. Japan is a leverage debt pile of toilet paper too, but at least they are a net positive exporter. But there's major cracks happening in their manufacturing base... SHARP, TOSHIBA, et al, having major job cuts/losses.

CPUd
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mOhFgwI.gif

seapilot
10-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Japan has near ZERO leverage... Most Alaskan oil goes to the far east, e.g., Japan. Japan had to ask for permission from the U.S., to buy cheaper Iranian crude oil too... which magically, is seems to never be reported by U.S. Fascist-Corporatist Media and shows the hypocrisy of Washington DC government. Japan is a leverage debt pile of toilet paper too, but at least they are a net positive exporter. But there's major cracks happening in their manufacturing base... SHARP, TOSHIBA, et al, having major job cuts/losses.

I believe most Alaska crude oil goes to the Pacific NW not Japan. Japan and Korea did get a little at one time but for awhile it was illegal to export it out of the country. Japan has a lot of debt but not many foreign countries control it unlike The US of A.

A little off topic , today I read that JAL (Japan Air Lines) is buying 31 Airbus A350s. Japan used to be almost 100% Boeing and this is the first time in ages they have chosen Airbus. Major slap to USA plane producer Boeing.