PDA

View Full Version : TSA might allow passengers to board planes with marijuana

CaseyJones
10-08-2013, 06:49 AM
http://rt.com/usa/tsa-marijuana-boarding-washington-861/

Bringing more than 3.4 ounces of liquid on an airplane is still prohibited, but attorneys say sneaking pot past TSA checkpoints might not be as problematic as with other contraband.

Medical marijuana is now permitted in nearly half of the United States, with Illinois recently becoming the twentieth state in the US to allow doctors to legally prescribe pot to patients. But while federal law still considers weed to be illegal, attorneys say bringing marijuana onboard airlines for some domestic travel shouldn’t necessarily raise any red flags.

Aaron Kase, a freelance reporter and blogger for Lawyers.com, noted recently that Transportation Security Administration agents in some states may choose to look the other way if they stumble upon certain contraband that may be illegal on a federal level but allowed locally.

“Although it’s a try-it-at-your-own-risk scenario, airplane passengers in certain situations are being permitted to carry marijuana on board, even if TSA agents sniff out the drugs,” Kase wrote last week for the legal website.

According to Kase, boarding a commercial airliner with any federally-prohibited drug is still a no-no in the eyes of Uncle Sam, but the TSA — indeed a federal agency — isn’t obligated to scour luggage for marijuana and arrest every airport patron possessing a little bit of pot.

but shampoo or breast milk? FU!!!

qh4dotcom
10-08-2013, 06:54 AM
What's the point of bringing marijuana inside a plane? You can't smoke it during the flight.

CaseyJones
10-08-2013, 07:13 AM
What's the point of bringing marijuana inside a plane? You can't smoke it during the flight.

it is a medicine for many people

DGambler
10-08-2013, 07:17 AM

To take it on vacation?

Danke
10-08-2013, 07:19 AM

You can smoke it at your destination?

Danke
10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
http://rt.com/usa/tsa-marijuana-boarding-washington-861/

but shampoo or breast milk? FU!!!

One of the stranger posts here.

Liquid explosives =/= marijuana.

tangent4ronpaul
10-08-2013, 07:47 AM
How the hell do you make a liquid explosive out of breast milk?

-t

Danke
10-08-2013, 07:49 AM
How the hell do you make a liquid explosive out of breast milk?

-t

So you are an expert on breast milk. We need some more good men in the TSA.

better-dead-than-fed
10-08-2013, 07:49 AM

In the bathroom, just like on a train.

Danke
10-08-2013, 07:52 AM
In the bathroom, just like on a train.

Yes, it is possible, but do you want to risk a felony conviction instead of just waiting a few hours?

JK/SEA
10-08-2013, 08:39 AM
be kinda fun passing a joint on that flight to Hawaii...

coastie
10-08-2013, 11:00 AM

But you can eat it.:)

A much better high, IMHO, when cooked right.:cool:

evilfunnystuff
10-08-2013, 12:23 PM
But you can eat it.:)

A much better high, IMHO, when cooked right.:cool:

Dont forget vapeing!

devil21
10-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Im wondering when exactly TSA became a law enforcement agency, not a security agency. An ex-gf worked as a screener at Dulles not long after TSA was implemented and she specifically said that they were not law enforcement and were only to search for and detain people for weapons and similar security threats, not drugs. Does anybody know when TSA was given police powers to detain people for carrying marijuana or other drugs? Are TSA screeners sworn LEO now?? Seems to me that if they are not police then drugs should be completely overlooked since that is not their job.

Danke
10-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Im wondering when exactly TSA became a law enforcement agency, not a security agency. An ex-gf worked as a screener at Dulles not long after TSA was implemented and she specifically said that they were not law enforcement and were only to search for and detain people for weapons and similar security threats, not drugs. Does anybody know when TSA was given police powers to detain people for carrying marijuana or other drugs? Are TSA screeners sworn LEO now?? Seems to me that if they are not police then drugs should be completely overlooked since that is not their job.

Screeners call the cops over, they don't arrest.

better-dead-than-fed
10-08-2013, 02:38 PM

When I was subject to government-administered "counseling" they taught me that marijuana-pushers smuggle it into the country by hollowing out babies and smuggling the marijuana inside babies. If that's not a security threat, I don't know what is.

Danke
10-08-2013, 02:40 PM
When I was subject to government-administered "counseling" they taught me that marijuana-pushers smuggle it into the country by hollowing out babies and smuggling the marijuana inside babies. If that's not a security threat, I don't know what is.

Easy solution, ban babies from flying. Crying, noisy fucks.

devil21
10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Screeners call the cops over, they don't arrest.

That gets into a lot of legal gray area though and exposes the mission creep of TSA. They would be detaining you while summoning a cop but for something other than their stated job. Their search of your baggage is not for drugs so why are they calling over a cop? Does the 4th amendment go out the window because a TSA agent says he saw drugs in your bag in the x-ray scanner even though the screener is not a cop? Ive never once seen a sign in the security line that say drugs are prohibited items in security! Weapons yes, because that's TSA's job to find weapons. If finding drugs is now a TSA responsibility (even if a screener chooses to "overlook" it, as the article states) then they are acting as LEO, not security. So much wrong with this.

Danke
10-08-2013, 02:55 PM
That gets into a lot of legal gray area though and exposes the mission creep of TSA. They would be detaining you while summoning a cop but for something other than their stated job. Their search of your baggage is not for drugs so why are they calling over a cop? Does the 4th amendment go out the window because a TSA agent says he saw drugs in your bag in the x-ray scanner even though the screener is not a cop? Ive never once seen a sign in the security line that say drugs are prohibited items in security! Weapons yes, because that's TSA's job to find weapons. If finding drugs is now a TSA responsibility (even if a screener chooses to "overlook" it, as the article states) then they are acting as LEO, not security. So much wrong with this.

I am not really following you. Anyone can call the cops. A screener can not detain you if you choose to turn around and leave the airport, but they can call the cops and the cops will detain you.

There are also LEOs that do not have the authority to arrest, outside a "citizen's arrest."

ZENemy
10-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Unelected morons, oops I mean our servants, MIGHT ALLOW us slaves to carry a harmless plant on a private airplane? lol, fuck this country.

anaconda
10-08-2013, 03:17 PM

Brownies?

devil21
10-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I am not really following you. Anyone can call the cops.

But can anyone search your baggage just because you're in an airport? No. But TSA can and they don't even need to open it to search it.

A screener can not detain you if you choose to turn around and leave the airport, but they can call the cops and the cops will detain you.

Again, the cop would be detaining and searching you based on the TSA search, not from the cop's personal knowledge/reasonable suspicion of any crime being committed. Can I refuse the cop's search under the 4th and continue to my plane? If not, then the TSA screener is acting as police since you weren't being detained for a security reason.

Danke
10-08-2013, 04:43 PM
But can anyone search your baggage just because you're in an airport? No. But TSA can and they don't even need to open it to search it.

Again, the cop would be detaining and searching you based on the TSA search, not from the cop's personal knowledge/reasonable suspicion of any crime being committed. Can I refuse the cop's search under the 4th and continue to my plane? If not, then the TSA screener is acting as police since you weren't being detained for a security reason.

Again, anyone can call the cops. We had a Customer Service Rep. make a false accusation that he was assaulted by one of our Captains. The Captain went to jail.

Danke
10-08-2013, 04:45 PM

That is the problem going to an airport, you surrender some rights. There are signs posted outside of the secure area warning you of this.

devil21
10-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Again, anyone can call the cops. We had a Customer Service Rep. make a false accusation that he was assaulted by one of your Captains. The Captain went to jail.

Next time Im at the airport I'll walk around to random travelers and demand to search their bags. I'm not a cop or TSA but apparently I can call the police on anybody I come across that may have something I don't approve of since it's in an airport.

eta: Ill be sure to carry a sign saying that everyone's rights are suspended inside the airport.

The point is, TSA are not LEO. I am not LEO either. Why does TSA have a right to search my baggage and call the police for something that I can't do myself to others? They are civilians like me.

CaseyJones
10-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Next time Im at the airport I'll walk around to random travelers and demand to search their bags. I'm not a cop or TSA but apparently I can call the police on anybody I come across that may have something I don't approve of since it's in an airport.

eta: Ill be sure to carry a sign saying that everyone's rights are suspended inside the airport.

youtube it

Danke
10-08-2013, 04:53 PM

Yes, you can call the cops, but if you are making false accusations, you might regret it. I really don't understand where you are going with this?

I challenge the TSA goons all the time, as I'm in the airport every week. I know the rules and occasionally I have to school them.

devil21
10-08-2013, 04:56 PM
youtube it

Don't tempt me. The king does not like it when he is shown to have no clothes.

Here is where Im going with this:
I see a logical disconnect when civilian TSA can search my bag for weapons but then call the cops for anything else they find that's outside of the scope of that search and the cop will use their statement as basis of a formal LEO search for something unrelated to the original search. The only reason they can search my bag in the first place is to detect security threats. Once they are using this search as a guise for detecting other things they are acting as police, not security.

mrsat_98
12-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I just went through TSA and I can not come up with a negative thing to say other than it was intimidating. More later on this.Wow just spent 15 minutes talking to the nicest TSA lady who x am and sat down. Sweet little black lady.

Working Poor
12-07-2015, 08:48 PM
If I were to ever fly commercial again I would not risk carrying pot on board until it was completely legal.

VIDEODROME
12-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Every flight is the Red Eye.

KingNothing
12-07-2015, 09:33 PM

No, but you can eat it.

If you haven't eaten an ungentlemanly amount of marijuana and boarded an airplane for a cross country flight, you haven't lived.

It is a life altering experience. I would only recommend it if you have the mental strength to endure something that can only be described as the most horrifyingly pleasant mind shattering explosion of introspective, awe inspiring, cosmologically-infused soul enlightening engineering marvel of all time. It is not for the faint of heart, and it will either drive you crazy or make you sane.

Danke
12-07-2015, 09:36 PM
No, but you can eat it.

If you haven't eaten an ungentlemanly amount of marijuana and boarded an airplane for a cross country flight, you haven't lived.

It is a life altering experience. I would only recommend it if you have the mental strength to endure something that can only be described as the most horrifyingly pleasant mind shattering explosion of introspective, awe inspiring, cosmologically-infused soul enlightening engineering marvel of all time. It is not for the faint of heart, and it will either drive you crazy or make you sane.

What about shrooms?