PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Did Booker or Lonegan win the first U.S. Senate debate?

CaseyJones
10-08-2013, 05:43 AM
hxxp://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/10/poll_did_booker_or_lonegan_win_the_first_us_senate _debate.html

Who delivered the bigger blow in the first U.S. Senate debate: Democrat Cory Booker or Republican Steve Lonegan?

The two disagreed on nearly every topic in Friday's televised debate — gay marriage, Obamacare, the government shutdown — and attacked each other for being too "extreme."

Booker criticized Lonegan as being part of the tea party branch of the Republican party. Lonegan slammed Booker's record in Newark, portraying him as a mayor who spends too much time out of state and on Twitter.

The candidates — who are running in the special Oct. 16 election for the Senate seat vacated after Frank Lautenberg's death — will debate again Wednesday night.

But who do you think won the first round? Vote in the poll above.

also there is another debate tomorrow wednesday the 9th 7PM EST

specsaregood
10-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Interesting that the author left out the few issues they agreed upon (supposedly). Lonegan went all-in on supporting the amash amendment, ending NSA spying of americans and no Syrian involvement and booker was forced to say he agreed. I don't believe booker had gone on record on those issues previously.

CaseyJones
10-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Interesting that the author left out the few issues they agreed upon (supposedly). Lonegan went all-in on supporting the amash amendment, ending NSA spying of americans and no Syrian involvement and booker was forced to say he agreed. I don't believe booker had gone on record on those issues previously.

ya I don't think I have seen an article where their agreements were mentioned

specsaregood
10-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Intersting.
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7083/jla4.png

Keith and stuff
10-08-2013, 05:56 AM
They both agreed on stronger gun control. To the average view, Lonegan likely did slightly better.

malkusm
10-08-2013, 05:58 AM
They both agreed on stronger gun control. To the average view, Lonegan likely did slightly better.

Well it's New Jersey, that's a given

TaftFan
10-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Lonegan said he supported the background check system already in place.