PDA

View Full Version : I Want Chinese Ant Chalk!!!! Stupid EPA!!!

dannno
10-08-2013, 12:19 AM
I have an ant problem. Chinese ant chalk is the shit.... People say it is "toxic", it is illegal, and well, we'll get to all that in a minute, but even if it is toxic, the amount you use to get rid of your entire ant problem is so minuscule it would be light years better than using commercial poisonous spray everywhere, smells like RAID, bleh... This is like using classroom chalk, you make one or two 1" chalk lines across the ant line (if two, within a couple inches of each other) and within 10 minutes your ant problem has disappeared from that area for the foreseeable future. No killing ants, wiping them up, crawling all over your arms, nothing. Just gone. Not like Anthony Weiner.

I've been using vinegar, which actually has been working pretty well... but it requires several applications and can result in disaster if you aren't around for some time.. like, while you're sleeping or something..

So it looks like ant chalk contains two synthetic pyrethroids. Pyrethrum is a chrysanthemum flower extract. That stuff is sooo toxic..... I have sprayed it on my cannabis buds when I've gotten spider mites :eek: The toxicity actually breaks down in a few days or less and it becomes harmless and biodegradable. The same for the synthetic ones so it is claimed. They are both commonly used on fruits and vegetables, which I'm not necessarily advocating because I don't know if there are actually any differences between the synthetic and organic that may not be advertised on wikipedia, but I'm not talking about spraying a whole field I'm talking about drawing a 1" chalk line!!

And, of course, the boxes are colorful and often contain lead in the paint :eek: Because the ant chalk wouldn't work any longer if the boxes weren't colorful, or from China and contained lead in the paint on the box?? The propaganda out there is thick on this one..

So some toddlers got poisoned because they thought it was a toy and now it is illegal. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. But apparently you can buy it in some asian run convenience stores. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy. I've even heard of them selling a box for 75 cents!! I look on Amazon and they sell a RAID brand ant chalk for $11. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

HOLLYWOOD
10-08-2013, 12:26 AM
TEE TREE OIL...

sodium bicarbonate and white vinegar to neutralize ant's formic acid trails

Zippyjuan
10-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Might check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEljeerJ0lw

dannno
10-08-2013, 01:51 AM
TEE TREE OIL...

sodium bicarbonate and white vinegar to neutralize ant's formic acid trails

Ya the vinegar does a good job at destroying their trails, but they seem to create new ones as they follow the old trail and a few brave ones decide to head out into the brave unknown after the vinegar smell has worn off a little.

Tea tree I hadn't seen before but usually apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil and cannabis will do just about anything that the other two cannot so that makes sense.