PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Holding Back Welfare Payments Due To Shutdown

angelatc
10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20131004arizona-welfare-checks-shutdown.html?nclick_check=1

States are allowed to use contingency funding or move money around to fund the cash-assistance payments, and other states have done so. In a letter to state welfare directors this week, federal officials said states would be reimbursed once the budget impasse is resolved.Arizona is one of 11 states that use only federal funding for the welfare payments, and the state uses the majority of its TANF funds for its burgeoning child-welfare programs.

The state Department of Economic Security and Brewer’s office did not respond to telephone calls and e-mails seeking comment Thursday and Friday.

Senate Minority Leader Leah Landrum Taylor, D-Phoenix, said DES Director Clarence Carter told her he had no funds available to make the welfare payments, which amount to about $1 million for the 5,200 families affected. She called on Brewer to bring legislators into a special session to tap the state’s $450 million “rainy day fund.”

Put them on buses and send them back to California!

Pericles
10-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Now, THAT is a government shutdown.

Anti Federalist
10-07-2013, 05:56 PM
$1 million?

That's like three and half BearCat tanks for the asshole cops.

How about not funding that shit, and as bad as it, let the idiot single moms at least have some government cheese.

seapilot
10-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Might be using it as leverage to get the National Park service to accept Arizona's offer. Politics going to get dirty once states start to get stepped on too hard.

amy31416
10-07-2013, 06:33 PM
No riots yet?

Feeding the Abscess
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM
So... police tanks and opening the Grand Canyon... or people they've trained to be dependent...

Of course they choose tanks and the Grand Canyon. Asswipes.

angelatc
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM
No riots yet?

Give them time. They probably haven't missed the first check yet.

MRK
10-07-2013, 07:15 PM
All these 5200 families might as well die within the next week if you believe some of the people on this forum that say you can't cut people off like this.

amy31416
10-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Give them time. They probably haven't missed the first check yet.

I'm hoping the shut down lasts long enough to see what happens. Is that bad?

tod evans
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
49 more to go.

Mani
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM
In other news, one of the senators in Arizona sang his favorite....Bomb Bomb Bomb...Bomb Iran. While losing money playing video poker...it was a productive week n arizona politics...

MCCain probably jerks off to more than one million dollars in missles being dropped from drones.

angelatc
10-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm hoping the shut down lasts long enough to see what happens. Is that bad?

Politically speaking, it probably is. I don't know how we can win elections when we're the old hearted mean people that will take dirty money out of the mouths of children. Or something.

Philosophically, I'm fine with it. Life is hard, sink or swim.

But the left is already wringing their hands over the poor children. And my rich liberal ex-high school classmate who posted this got al mad when I suggested perhaps he could take in a family that needed help. Apparently they can't comprehend how I could be so cruel.

ObiRandKenobi
10-07-2013, 09:08 PM
good and so what and haha

nobody's_hero
10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
"Arizona is one of 11 states that use only federal funding for the welfare payments, and the state uses the majority of its TANF funds for its burgeoning child-welfare programs."

Shows just how poorly insulated the state/local governments will be when the federal government finally screws the pooch with our economy.

amy31416
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Politically speaking, it probably is. I don't know how we can win elections when we're the old hearted mean people that will take dirty money out of the mouths of children. Or something.

But the left is already wringing their hands over the poor children. And my rich liberal ex-high school classmate who posted this got al mad when I suggested perhaps he could take in a family that needed help. Apparently they can't comprehend how I could be so cruel.

Assholes.

Funny thing is, I'm perfectly willing to take in a family that would bring something to the table, even if they had elderly or children who could not.

I guess they can't see how their welfare takes better quality food out of the mouth of my child--you know, that organic, non-GMO, free-range stuff I'd rather be feeding her. (In some cases.) May as well just go buy her yet another bag of cheap-ass cereal and hormone-laden milk.

better-dead-than-fed
10-07-2013, 09:28 PM

Your classmate wants this:

https://math.temple.edu/~reich/Fib/fibchart.gif

He wants to increase hunger, disease, and war, as hunger, disease, and war are proportionate to population-density. He wants this because he wants to hurt children, because he is mean and cruel.

Feeding the Abscess
10-08-2013, 02:25 AM
"Arizona is one of 11 states that use only federal funding for the welfare payments, and the state uses the majority of its TANF funds for its burgeoning child-welfare programs."

Shows just how poorly insulated the state/local governments will be when the federal government finally screws the pooch with our economy.

Also shows that states like spending money, and use federal money to fix their balance sheets.

Danke
10-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Assholes.

Funny thing is, I'm perfectly willing to take in a family that would bring something to the table, even if they had elderly or children who could not.

I guess they can't see how their welfare takes better quality food out of the mouth of my child--you know, that organic, non-GMO, free-range stuff I'd rather be feeding her. (In some cases.) May as well just go buy her yet another bag of cheap-ass cereal and hormone-laden milk.

Awesome, sis is packing our bags as we speak.