PDA

View Full Version : "Bikers" the next domestic terrorists

tod evans
10-07-2013, 07:33 AM
With the loose classification of sportbike enthusiasts as "bikers" MSM seems to be creating a new category of scary people...

Gunfight at Fresno Biker Club Kills 1, Wounds 12

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gunfight-fresno-bike-club-kills-injures-12-20485125

Authorities Sunday were investigating what touched off a wild "running gun battle" inside and outside a Fresno motorcycle club's annual dance, leaving one man dead and a dozen others wounded.

Shots were still being fired at 2 a.m. Saturday when the first of more than 100 law enforcement officers arrived at the Soul Brothers clubhouse near Fresno, the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.

The gunfire erupted during the Soul Brothers' annual dance, which draws bikers and other motorcycle clubs from all over the state. About 500 people were inside the warehouse-like clubhouse when the shooting started.

The shooting quickly tuned into "a running gun battle" in the street outside the club, and hundreds of partygoers were running for cover when the first officers arrived, sheriff's spokesman Chris Curtice said.

Despite briefly detaining and questioning about 100 people, authorities have yet to make an arrest.

The Fresno County coroner identified the dead man Sunday as Dejuan Gladney, 18. The coroner didn't list a hometown.

Gladney and several injured people were found in the clubhouse, which is in an unincorporated neighborhood of Fresno County called Calwa. Another victim was on a nearby street.

Curtice said the injuries ranged from minor to "extremely serious." Authorities have not released the names of the people who were wounded.

Large gatherings of bikers descend on Fresno twice a year, once in the spring and then again in fall, the Fresno Bee reported ( http://bit.ly/GEKzrW ). The gatherings frequently turn violent, the newspaper said, but police blame gangs for starting some of the violence rather than the bikers themselves.

The club's website was inoperable Sunday and no representative could be reached at the clubhouse.

Old newspaper reports say Soul Brothers was formed in 1967 in East Palo Alto as a multi-racial club before moving to Stockton then Fresno. The club also has a Las Vegas chapter, whose phone rang unanswered Sunday.

Petar
10-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Colloquial terms are going to be open to interpretation to some degree or another.

Maybe it is best not to identify oneself too strongly with one.

limequat
10-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Colloquial terms are going to be open to interpretation to some degree or another.

Maybe it is best not to identify oneself too strongly with one.

Good point.

Tod, it's time to just call yourself a RP supporter who happens to ride a bike :)

tod evans
10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Good point.

Tod, it's time to just call yourself a RP supporter who happens to ride a bike :)

I call myself an old gray-beard, nothing more.

Petar
10-07-2013, 08:31 AM
I agree that it is dumb to call dudes on crotch-rockets "bikers" though.

Completely different breed altogether.

I guess that I would also be pissed-off if I was a "grey-beard", particularly in light of recent events.

jbauer
10-07-2013, 08:33 AM
The next domestic terrorists are us unless you think we're already "on the list".

tod evans
10-07-2013, 08:40 AM
The next domestic terrorists are us unless you think we're already "on the list".

"Us" as in folks here?

It's too hard for "them" to categorize freedom minded liberty lovers as domestic terrorists, although they try.

Much easier to give John Q. a visual that is easily grasped.

One of the pastors at my church rides a slick new Indian, he even goes on the Toys for Tots runs....

With the picture MSM is painting.................

green73
10-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cg_4keMt08

phill4paul
10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cg_4keMt08

Did the store keeper actually say "You better send somebody for the militia"?

green73
10-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Did the store keeper actually say "You better send somebody for the militia"?

In the old days they'd fight extremists with extremists.

acptulsa
10-07-2013, 09:54 AM
In the old days they'd fight extremists with extremists.

Back then they fought cops with other Harley riders. Which is pretty much what you said.

Now they give the Harley riders free hypochondria care, and cops 'infiltrate' the rice-grinder riders and stand idly by (or join in) while they run wild.

My how things change...