PDA

View Full Version : Burst Transmission Detected </s>

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2013, 05:19 AM
<s>
Digital Shortwave Project Station 4
DSPLP4:R20131007:0624
///BURST TRANSMISSION RECEIVED///
Extract: University experimental digital burst detection project, Nebraska listening post acquired a signal at 06:24 October 7th, 2013. Response methods unknown. Message follows.
<<< Text <<<
Government Shutdown: Day Seven

It's been a week now since it all came apart, and the red light is still on on my bunker door. I can't possibly imagine the world outside of that hatch. Neither of the two outside cameras work, but that could be a disaster, a malfunction in my dollar store webcams, or vandalism by the roving bands of bandits.

I am EMP shielded so I can't get a signal of any kind in. I have carefully shielded an antenna into a self-contained package and shuttled it outside the cage in order to transmit this burst. If there are any electronics at all up there please reply likewise, as that is the only frequency I can hear.

I have seven MREs left and about 50 lb of dry vacuum rice and beans. I figure I can stretch the MRE's into a week and fill it by boiling rice. That's 50 days. If the light on my door isn't green in 50 days, then I will have to screw up the courage and go outside anyway and see what has become of this world.

Well, less than 50 because there is my wife. She broke her leg and I can't get to my ObaCare facility from my bunker so I don't know what to do. Maybe I can just stop feeding her...nah I'll fill in more rice and beans...

Obama knows what to do. He will turn my light green again so we can go outside. This shutdown can't go on but for so long. Then I will be allowed outdoors again until the next time President locks us in again.

I will keep reporting at best I can from my underground location. ObaFreedom module 769, out.
>>> EndRx >>>
Please contact University experimental projects department 1-800-1FU-YO11
</s>

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2013, 05:55 AM

Anti Federalist
10-07-2013, 05:56 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dary
10-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Shelter in place 769! Shelter in place!

TruckinMike
10-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Damn it.. just when I was getting into it you stop writing.....Next page please!

bunklocoempire
10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
*Kicks back, pops a Nuka~Cola*

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y442/bunklocoempirehi/vault-boy1_zps17c834fc.jpg

Note the orange cone explosions in the back ground YIKES! -thank goodness Obama is my vault daddy.

MOAR please!

GunnyFreedom
10-07-2013, 01:08 PM
LOL I've always wanted to write a dystopia novel. :p

osan
10-07-2013, 01:15 PM
*Kicks back, pops a Nuka~Cola*

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y442/bunklocoempirehi/vault-boy1_zps17c834fc.jpg

Note the orange cone explosions in the back ground YIKES! -thank goodness Obama is my vault daddy.

MOAR please!

Hey, is that Bob of the church of the subgenius in the foreground with his pipe?

Dary
10-17-2013, 04:28 AM
All clear 769. All clear. You can come out now. Everything is fine.

Just don't stray to far.

bolil
10-17-2013, 05:12 AM
LOL I've always wanted to write a dystopia novel. :p
I would say that with a start like, you could. I read the bunker as an allegorical representation of the all invasive state; it puts people into "cells" and cuts them off from other cells. However, as regards present and pressing human needs it isn't good for much. You've illustrated this with your wife's broken leg and the inability of the bunker to do a damn thing about it. Also, the sustenance the totalitarian state is willing to provide (prescribe) the individual is both insufficient and arbitrary.

Furthermore, what is a bunker but the ultimate measure of nonviolent protection? This is generally the only kind of protection available to law abiding citizens in the totalitarian state.

You could even work in an aspect of taxes. Say, there is a race of people who still dwell above ground and in the bunker there is a pneumatic tube running to the surface. You send them up widgets, and they send you down food. They also send you next weeks widget to food ratio. The ratio is always wrong though, and while you always send the requisite amount of widget the promised amount of food is never returned.

Also, you can communicate with other bunkers but only through the above race via messages through the pneumatic tube. The messages you receive in return are redacted to the point that only mundane, context free, details get through.

Yeah dude, I am an English major and I read a lot of fiction, and I encourage you to continue this piece. My editing skills are not the best, but I am willing to offer feedback and proofreading should you choose to continue and desire said services.

(never seen LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL from af before, either, so that has to be an affirmation of the quality)

cajuncocoa
10-17-2013, 05:39 AM
LOL!! +rep