PDA

View Full Version : Prison on lockdown after threat from another state

aGameOfThrones
10-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Good evening Concord families.* This is Mark Holodick, Superintendent of the Brandywine School District.* I am calling to inform you of a number of important things.* Both the Delaware State Police and the district were informed Saturday morning that threatening, offensive, vulgar, and demeaning messages and pictures had been posted on Edmodo, a social learning platform.* The Delaware State Police began an investigation immediately.* Other agencies assisted in the investigation.* While the investigation is still ongoing, we do know that the threat to Concord originated in a southern state, not here in Delaware.* The state police there are investigating thoroughly. *

With that said, let me reiterate that we take any and all threats seriously.* We will use all of our resources, time, and energy to track down the origins of such messages and hold those responsible accountable. *

Tomorrow Concord will have a normal school day.* You will see a strong presence of state police officers and other school and safety personnel on site.* In an effort to be as proactive and safe as possible, only two entrances will be open, and bags will be searched as students enter the building.* I encourage students to arrive in a timely manner, be courteous as they wait to enter the building, and follow the instructions of the state police, and school and district personnel.** Students should pack lightly and have their bags ready to be examined as soon as they arrive.** Despite these precautions, if you decide to keep your child home tomorrow and send a note on Tuesday explaining the absence, it will be considered an excused absence. *

Please know that Concord and the Brandywine School District take all threats very seriously.* The safety of our students and staff is our primary concern, and we are working with authorities to bring the perpetrators to justice as quickly as possible.

http://www.brandywineschools.org/concord

This one probably has no relation to the Delaware threat, but I'm posting the link anyway.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9276515