PDA

View Full Version : Elderly couple evicted from home over shutdown.

Icymudpuppy
10-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Mod note- dup thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429660-Kicked-out-of-their-home-on-federal-land-due-to-shutdown!

Feds Evict Elderly Couple Who Owned Their Home For 40 Years Citing Government Shutdown

October 6, 2013

It sounds like satire. However, for Joyce and Ralph Spencer the story is all too real. Joyce is 77, Ralph, her husband, is 80. They’ve owned their Lake Mead home in Las Vegas, Nevada since the 1970s.

Last Thursday park rangers arrived at the elderly couple’s home and forced them to leave. Their home sits on federal lands. Even though the Spencer’s have owned their home for more than 4 decades, the park ranger told them they could not return until a budget was passed.

“I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in,” Mrs. Spencer said of her husband Ralph. She also forgot to get his jeans and undershirts, so she is having to go into town to purchase more for him.

Feds Evict Elderly Couple Who Owned Their Home For 40 Years Citing Government Shutdown [continued]

kahless
10-06-2013, 09:21 PM
This is why federal parks need to be turned over to the states.

Like everything else I really do not see the point of denying access. The WAPO article I read says these are leased vacation properties with alternative living arrangements required. I wonder what the wording is in the lease and if there is any explanation for that language.