PDA

View Full Version : TSA Cites Furloughs After 9-Year-Old Boards Flight Without Ticket

green73
10-06-2013, 03:44 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — A 9-year-old Minneapolis boy was able to get through security and onto a plane at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport without a ticket, an airport spokesman said Sunday.

Security officials screened the boy at airport shortly after 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Metropolitan Airports Commission spokesman Patrick Hogan said. The boy then boarded Delta Flight 1651, which left for Las Vegas at 11:15 a.m.

The flight was not full, Hogan said, and the flight crew became suspicious midflight because the boy was not on their list of unattended minors. The crew contacted Las Vegas police, who met them upon landing and transferred the boy to child protection services, Hogan said.

cont.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/10/06/boy-boards-plane-at-minn-airport-without-ticket/

ObiRandKenobi
10-06-2013, 03:51 PM
if it wasn't for ted cruz the TSA would have had the funds to molest her.

angelatc
10-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh what ever did we do before there was a TSA? I remember those days! Kids were flying all over the place willy nilly. Youd send Johnny off to school, and he's sneak on a plane and go to Disney for the day. It was terrible.

MelissaWV
10-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Millions died. Millions.

CPUd
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
We need TSA. It's for the children.

thoughtomator
10-06-2013, 05:20 PM
What if the kid was wired with explosives? They took a mighty big chance there not gunning him down midflight.

Danke
10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't care about the TSA, but how did he get onboard from the gate without a boarding pass?

HOLLYWOOD
10-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I want to see the airport surveillance videos to prove it was because of the government shutdown of TSA at airports as the cause... or was it the usual; incompetence, inefficiency, and ineffectiveness again?

BECAUSE... Oh, Boy, More Bullshit and Lies from U.S. government agencies... surprise surprise :rolleyes:

TSA Employees Working Without Pay During Shutdown... BUT NOW RECEIVING PAY
http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/TSA-Employees-Working-Without-Pay-During-Shutdown/PuhzLMe-60mSwV684rhQ2A.cspx?rss=315

The TSA is part of the federal government shutdown that started Oct. 1., but unlike many other agencies, TSA employees working in airports were not furloughed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Will airports be open and security screening take place?
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/09/30/questions-answered-impact-government-shutdown-on-travelers/

Yes, expect some delays, but security will remain tight. According to the TSA, nonessential employees will be furloughed, but “the majority of our officers who screen passengers/luggage will remain on the job,” TSA spokesman Ross Feinstein tweeted. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MelissaWV
10-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't care about the TSA, but how did he get onboard from the gate without a boarding pass?

Very good point. Even when you could go all the way to the gate with family and friends in tow, to get on the plane you handed them something (ticket, boarding pass, etc.) and the stewardesses did a passenger headcount before the plane pulled away. Being under wouldn't really raise too many red flags unless it was a large number of people who are on a connecting flight or something. Being over? That tends to be a problem.

phill4paul
10-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Yeah. this has NOTHING to do with the TSA.

aGameOfThrones
10-06-2013, 10:28 PM

How did the mythbuster's razor get through? A gun? That's right, furloughs.