PDA

View Full Version : Help Ron Paul get rated by Readers Digest!

noumenon
11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
This was sent to me in an e-mail.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pass it on ...

Readers Digest is rating the presidential candidates for 2008. During the last 3 months a panel of political experts (*** see below for the list and affiliation) has rated Obama, Clinton, and Giuliani -- Obama has received the best rating in the printed RD to date (Rudy the lowest). You can go to the RD web site to see the ratings and do your own: http://www.rd.com/channel/election-2008/.

Ron Paul was not selected to be rated by the panel, but he could be if everyone selects him as a write in on the web site! Seeing how Rudy got the worst published rating to date, it would seem that the panel is actually pretty intelligent.

PLEASE GO TO http://www.rd.com/gradeTheCandidates.do and see: "Do you think more candidates should be included in our tool? Another politician? Or a non-politician perhaps? Tell us your top write-in choice for President and see the top 5 write-ins"

Currently Ron Paul is the TOP write in! -- IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS YET, PLEASE DO IT NOW! IT TAKES 20 SECONDS. Lets get Ron Paul in Readers Digest rating and see that the panel gives him a fair shake!

Why should we do this? Why should we care about Readers Digest?...
"Reader's Digest is a monthly general interest family magazine. Although its circulation has declined in recent years, the Audit Bureau of Circulation says Reader's Digest is the best-selling consumer magazine in the United States, with a circulation of over 10 million copies in the United States, and a readership of 38 million as measured by Mediamark Research (MRI). According to MRI, Reader's Digest reaches more readers with household incomes of $100,000+ than Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, Business Week and Inc. combined. Global editions of Reader's Digest reach an additional 40 million people in more than 70 countries, with 50 editions in 21 languages including a Spanish language edition called Selecciones."

***RD Panel of Experts Richard Brookhiser, biographer and historian; Mickey Edwards , former Republican Congressman, Oklahoma; Les Francis, deputy chief of staff, Carter White House; Thomas Mann, senior fellow, Brookings Institution; Norman Ornstein , resident scholar, American Enterprise Institute; John J. Pitney, political scientist, Claremont College; Shirley Anne Warshaw, political scientist, Gettysburg College; Michael Cromartie , vice president, Ethics and Public Policy Center; Richard Reeves, Presidential Biographer.

noumenon
11-28-2007, 06:15 PM
The 2nd link is not working for me. If someone can provide a better link, please do! Otherwise, you'll have to fish around for it.

jgmaynard
11-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I clicked on it from their main site and it won't load.

Stupid (#*&$%(*ing website...

JM

bbachtung
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
We've tried this before months ago. They don't want to rate anyone else because they have their own biases.

craezie
11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
worked ok for me