PDA

View Full Version : Could TeaParty07 Crash the campaign's Secure Server?

Quantumystic
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
All the tech issues over at TeaParty07 is reminding me of a concern I've been thinking about.

Assuming the TeaParty is a HUGE success early on, is it possible we could crash the campaign's secure server and derail the whole thing?

Should we consider outlining suggested times for people in different time zones to send in their donations, to spread the server load out as much as possible over the day?

mmink15
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
It seems to me that the campaign is very aware of the day and it's importance. I'm guessing they could handle 50 million that day, I'm not basing this on any facts just sayin I don't think we should sweat this kind of thing.

Wayne Hammond
11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Should we consider outlining suggested times for people in different time zones to send in their donations, to spread the server load out as much as possible over the day?

Actually if I remember correctly, on Nov. 5th, the donations were spread out pretty evenly throughout the day, with a slump between 3 am - 6 am (when people were sleeping).

Shouldn't be a problem, and I'm certain www.RonPaul2008.com is solid. It never has any downtime or slowness due to a heavy load, as far as I know.

Lord Xar
11-28-2007, 06:26 PM
first off, wouldn't the teaparty site actually have to be up, for this to even be a consideration?

craezie
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
if people actually participate sending in a ton of small donations between 12 and 1 Eastern time on Nov. 30th (as some on here have suggested) that would be a great test run to handle the load of the server.