PDA

View Full Version : Kicked out of their home on federal land due to shutdown!

Matt Collins
10-05-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Lake-Mead-Property-Owners-Forced-Out-Until-Gov-Shutdown-Ends-226557661.html?lc=Smart

Ranger29860
10-05-2013, 06:55 PM
So they own the house, so its their property but because the earth under it isn't they cant live there because of the government shutdown? Even if they never step out of the house? Jesus Christ wtf. That logical fail and compliance with that and those enforcing it is mind boggling.

ClydeCoulter
10-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Matt, can you post at least an interest paragraph from the article, to generate some...interest?

ClydeCoulter
10-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Why do they not own the land, ie, why build or buy a home that is sitting on land you have no control over? Does a park employee mow and rake the leaves for them?

WM_in_MO
10-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Civil Disobedience is mandatory at this point.

2young2vote
10-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Why can't these parks stay open WITHOUT the government? What are people going to do? Walk around? Start a fire? These are things that can and do happen even when the government has funding.

Do these people get their electricity and water from stations run by the park or what? That is the only reason I can think of for kicking these people out. What is it costing them to let them live there?

ClydeCoulter
10-05-2013, 07:09 PM
This "government" thing, phenomenon, it's a real good deal for the elite. Wow, they can use legislation and eminent domain and grab the good land and then let people build on it and shit...money changes hands and shit....flip levers and shit...

presence
10-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Why can't these parks stay open WITHOUT the government? What are people going to do? Walk around? Start a fire? These are things that can and do happen even when the government has funding.

Do these people get their electricity and water from stations run by the park or what? That is the only reason I can think of for kicking these people out. What is it costing them to let them live there?

Lack of "Pain"

Matt, can you post at least an interest paragraph from the article, to generate some...interest?

Perhaps a google keyword from time to time? Really matt, you do nothing to help with hits or interest if all you do is post a link. Not to mention that by copying content its preserved on rpf servers long after it gets pulled from the source in 6 months.

Bryan
10-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I put it on the front page.

I'm not sure where the "hope" is, but this sure is some change! (and certainly not for the better!)

seapilot
10-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.

"I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants," Joyce Spencer told Action News.

The Stewart's Point home sits on federal land, so even though the Spencers own their cabin outright, they're not allowed in until the government reopens.

Park officials said property owners can visit only to retrieve belongings; they sent Action News a statement which reads in part, "Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen."

Joyce Spencer said she's alright in the meantime, staying with nearby family, but the move was a lot to handle as a senior citizen.

"I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in," Spencer said. "We're not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants."

The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes; one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence.

Regardless, the Spencers said it's their property and they should be allowed in, shutdown or not.
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Lake-Mead-Property-Owners-Forced-Out-Until-Gov-Shutdown-Ends-226557661.html?lc=Smart

Quark
10-05-2013, 07:24 PM
We seriously have regressed considerably since the "Age of Reason." It seems as if nobody has it in the modern world.

Kords21
10-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Obama is making the British Monarchy look like hardcore libertarians in comparision with this temper tantrum of his.

ClydeCoulter
10-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I put it on the front page.

I'm not sure where the "hope" is, but this sure is some change! (and certainly not for the better!)

That's for sure. Does Obama really think this is going to make people mad at the Republicans?

We have "transparency" alright :D

Occam's Banana
10-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Does Obama really think this is going to make people mad at the Republicans?

I suspect that they really, really do. (By "they" I mean the professional sociopath/parasite class - I doubt Obama himself knows anything about this particular case, though he is one of that group himself). And there will be all the usual "useful idiots" (in both the media and the general population) who will use things like this to stir up resentment against those big, bad "tea party anarchists" - some of them are actual idiots who really believe such nonsense, and others know better but enjoy bashing "anti-government" people too much to pass up the opportunity.

It may even work to some degree - over the short term. But long-term, it's all grist for the mill.
Every story like this gnaws away a little bit more ground out from under the bastards ...

UtahApocalypse
10-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Breaking News: In a startling development the entire city of St. Louis and a surrounding 25 mile area is being evacuated. The order was issued late Saturday evening to FEMA and Homeland Security by President Obama.

The cause for the evacuation was very clear. During the government shutdown the Gateway Arch is closed, as are other Monuments and National Parks.

However early Saturday Obama was made aware the Gateway Arch was visible from most of the city, and surrounding area. He immediately called on DHS, and FEMA to begin removing everyone from the area to ensure the Arch cannot be viewed.

This astonishing action takes place only hours after the National Park Service closed parking areas on State roads in South Dakota that could potentially view Mt. Rushmore, and person living in homes around Lake Mead were removed from their homes.

/satire for now

Bryan
10-05-2013, 09:43 PM
/satire for now

Satire?

Shutdown: Mount Rushmore highway viewing areas blocked by Feds
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429668-Shutdown-Mount-Rushmore-highway-viewing-areas-blocked-by-Feds

ClydeCoulter
10-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Satire?

Shutdown: Mount Rushmore highway viewing areas blocked by Feds
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429668-Shutdown-Mount-Rushmore-highway-viewing-areas-blocked-by-Feds

SMFH

OMG, I can't see xyz, fucking Repuglicans. Surreal.

Bryan
10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
That's for sure. Does Obama really think this is going to make people mad at the Republicans?

He certainly is trying to pin it on the Tea Party:

Obama tweets laying shutdown blame on tea party / extremists
www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429669-Obama-tweets-laying-shutdown-blame-on-tea-party-extremists

Barrex
10-05-2013, 10:46 PM
If those homes are not completely robbed of everything valuable... your thieves are complete retards.

TruckinMike
10-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Matt, can you post at least an interest paragraph from the article, to generate some...interest?I second that!