PDA

View Full Version : Man Burns Himself Alive On Washington D.C. National Mall (VIDEO)

Thor
10-05-2013, 12:32 PM
https://d1e1g6hlwfi0h5.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/manonfire-01.jpg

Posted by Austin Petersen on 05 Oct 2013

What on Earth is happening in the District of Columbia?

UPDATE: Officer Araz Alali says the man died Friday night at a Washington hospital where he had been airlifted.

Only a day after a woman rammed the White House barricades and was killed, another tragic event has occurred in the District of Columbia. Park Police are reporting that a man set himself alight on the National Mall.

Observers reported that the man poured himself all over with gasoline and then burned himself alive. Joggers in the area came to his aid, ripping their clothes off and beating out the flames. He was reported to be in critical condition on Friday night with burns over 80% of his body.

News outlets are reporting that a camera crew was nearby filming the event. There is speculation that they were there to film the immolation.

Videos at link: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/breaking-man-burns-alive-washington-d-c-national-mall-video/

Lucille
10-05-2013, 01:35 PM
What is that stupid idiot doing there with a small child? She should be running the opposite way. SMH

http://politicalblindspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/manonfire-03.jpg

THEY CAN’T IGNORE THIS SELF-IMMOLATION
http://www.theburningplatform.com/2013/10/04/they-cant-ignore-this-self-immolation/

Does this Fourth Turning appear to be picking up momentum? As the economy continues to spiral downward, Wall Street continues to loot and pillage, and Washington DC politicians continue to do nothing but posture and bloviate, people have begun to lose their minds. In the last week we’ve had a man lose it and kill 12 people in Washington DC. Yesterday we had a woman lose it and get gunned down by DC police. Today we have a man self-immolating on the Mall in Washington DC.

It seems they have the right place. The next step is likely to be people losing it and assassinating politicians and bankers.

The MSM completely ignored the self-immolation of Tom Ball in New Hampshire over a year ago. There was a complete MSM blackout on the story. Only the alternate truth telling media like TBP picked up the story:

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2011/06/20/nh-man-burns-self-at-courthouse-in-protest/

Not this time. When someone self immolates themselves on the National Mall during a government shutdown, it can’t be ignored. The self-immolation of a man in Tunisia started the Arab Spring revolutions in 2010. The Middle East has been ablaze in violence and revolution since then.
[...]
Is this past week of people going off the deep end in the nation’s capital the start of the American Spring? Are people across the country going to start losing it?

I know one thing for sure. Fourth Turnings never fizzle out. They grow in intensity and in violence.

"When people lose everything and have nothing left to lose, they lose it."
--Gerald Celente

MelissaWV
10-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Technically it looks like the woman with the child is calling 9-1-1, but I agree she doesn't need to be standing right there with her child watching a guy burn.

MelissaWV
10-05-2013, 02:04 PM

dannno
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
It went like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

Lucille
10-05-2013, 02:52 PM
^ I tried to watch that movie but, like 3D movies (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429624-Gravity-%28the-film%29), it makes me a little dizzy too.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-05/man-who-lit-himself-fire-national-mall-has-died

In a tragic development, the unidentified man who set himself on fire on the National Mall at about 4:30 p.m. on Friday in between the Air and Space Museum and the National Gallery, and who sustained burns to 80% of his body, has died. AP reports: "A District of Columbia police spokesman says a man who set himself on fire on the National Mall has died his injuries. Officer Araz Alali says the man died Friday night at a hospital where he had been airlifted. He says the man was so badly burned that he will need to be through DNA and dental records. The man poured a can of gasoline on himself in the center portion of the mall Friday afternoon. He then set himself on fire, with passing joggers taking off their shirts to help douse the flames."

Oddly enough, the deceased self-immolator was conscious and coherent enough in the aftermath of the incident to thank passers by for putting out the flames before being taken to hospital:

The man reportedly thanked the joggers before he was taken to MedStar Washington Hospital Center by a U.S. Park Police helicopter that landed on the Mall.

Fire department spokesman Tim Wilson said the man suffered life-threatening injuries, but was conscious and breathing at the scene.

Authorities are now investigating the man's motives.

As AP adds, Police are investigating the man's possible motives for doing so. They will hardly find any, as the last thing the Obama administration needs right now is to start explaining why D.C. has become ground zero for America's own Arab Spring. Especially, if in a country in which fomenting class and social hatred once again boils down to racial characteristics.
[...]
A question has emerged: was it an act meant to be documented, and if so why:

Katy Scheflen, a furloughed civil rights attorney in the Justice Department, said she stopped because she saw "a guy with a tripod set up."

Scheflen said another man, who she thought the tripod with a camera was filming, then took a red can of gasoline, poured it over his head.

"At that point we didn't know what was going, maybe it was some sort of stage protest," Scheflen said. "And then he set himself on fire and went up in flames," she said. "Whoosh."

Scheflen said the presence of a mounted camera gave her the impression "he was aware something was about to happen. Otherwise he was filming nothing but a guy standing there."

"It was obviously an intentional act," she said. "Somebody has a video of the whole thing."

Scheflen said the man may have said something beforehand “but it was nothing intelligible.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-sets-fire-national-mall-report-article-1.1476755#ixzz2gsn4pNbQ

This might be the woman in the photo:

Emily Cherry, a stay-at-home mom from Bristow, Va., was on the mall with her son Jackson, 2 and one-half years old, who was playing on the mall.

She said she saw the flames and at first thought it was a performance of some kind. "I grabbed him and kind of walked toward it," she said.

"Then I realized somebody's hurt and I heard people yelling 'water, water' so I called 911."

"I saw several people filming on their phones. I remember thinking' is no one calling 911, because they were all filming," Cherry said.

Cherry said she tried to distract her son once she realized what she was seeing.

"I don't know what he saw and understood," she said, still holding him thirty minutes later. "We tried to stay away."

While she explained, Jackson interrupted:

"Did I see him on fire?" he asked.

"He did have fire on him, sweetheart, yeah," Cherry told him.

"It hurts," Jackson said.

"It does, but the ambulance came and they're gonna try to make him feel better," Cherry said.

SMH Whatever.

MelissaWV
10-05-2013, 03:03 PM

SMH Whatever.

Okay dear God she is an idiot.

kathy88
10-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Why is she an idiot, exactly?

MelissaWV
10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Why is she an idiot, exactly?

She thought that man on fire was performance art, so she got closer with her child, then stood around nearby and dialed 9-1-1 while her child watched a man burn alive.

Then she told my child that, why yes, he had fire on him, but don't worry! the ambulance took him away and he's going to get all better now.

To top it off, she still had her child with her during the interview, which means if he didn't understand what he saw before he certainly did after the questions and mommy's answers.

I just don't find her to be a particularly shining example of intelligence.

specsaregood
10-05-2013, 04:24 PM
She thought that man on fire was performance art, so she got closer with her child, then stood around nearby and dialed 9-1-1 while her child watched a man burn alive.

Then she told my child that, why yes, he had fire on him, but don't worry! the ambulance took him away and he's going to get all better now.

To top it off, she still had her child with her during the interview, which means if he didn't understand what he saw before he certainly did after the questions and mommy's answers.

I just don't find her to be a particularly shining example of intelligence.

maybe she's just of the "we coddle kids too much nowadays" mindset. I don't see anything particularly stupid about her. unless he was screaming, I probably would have thought the same thing.

BuddyRey
10-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Just when I think nothing can shock me anymore, something like this happens... :(

Any word yet on what his motives might have been?

VIDEODROME
10-05-2013, 04:53 PM
People's I.Q. points suddenly drop in the presence of video cameras and lights.

Carson
10-05-2013, 04:53 PM
"Does this Fourth Turning appear to be picking up momentum?"

I saw this term quoted a couple of times on Lucille's post from the article.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429638-Man-Burns-Himself-Alive-On-Washington-D-C-National-Mall-%28VIDEO%29&p=5256161&viewfull=1#post5256161

I have never heard of that before. I found some information at a Wiki link that sheds some light on the concept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss%E2%80%93Howe_generational_theory

What they were talking about started to catch about here;

Generational archetypes and turnings

Turnings

While writing Generations, Strauss and Howe discovered a pattern in the historical generations they examined which revolved around generational events which they call turnings. In Generations, and in greater detail in The Fourth Turning, they identify the four-stage cycle of social or mood eras (i.e. turnings).

High

According to Strauss and Howe, the First Turning is a High. This is a post-Crisis era when institutions are strong and individualism is weak. Society is confident about where it wants to go collectively, though those outside the majoritarian center often feel stifled by the conformity.[20]

According to the authors, America’s most recent First Turning was the post-World War II American High, beginning in 1946 and ending with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963. The Silent Generation (Artist archetype, born 1925 to 1942) came of age during this era. Known for their caution, conformity, and institutional trust, Silent young adults epitomized the mood of the High. Most married early, sought stable corporate jobs, and moved into new suburbs.[21]

Awakening

According to the theory, the Second Turning is an Awakening. This is an era when institutions are attacked in the name of personal and spiritual autonomy. Just when society is reaching its high tide of public progress, people suddenly tire of social discipline and want to recapture a sense of personal authenticity. Young activists look back at the previous High as an era of cultural and spiritual poverty.[22]

America’s most recent Awakening was the “Consciousness Revolution,” which spanned from the campus and inner-city revolts of the mid-1960s to the reelection of Ronald Reagan. The Boom Generation (Prophet archetype, born 1943 to 1960) came of age during this era. Their idealism and search for authentic self-expression epitomized the mood of the Awakening.[23]

Unraveling

According to Strauss and Howe, the Third Turning is an Unraveling. The mood of this era is in many ways the opposite of a High: Institutions are weak and distrusted, while individualism is strong and flourishing. Highs come after Crises, when society wants to coalesce and build. Unravelings come after Awakenings, when society wants to atomize and enjoy.[24]

America’s most recent Unraveling was the Long Boom and Culture War, beginning in the mid-1980s and ending in the late 2000s. The era began during the second term of (Reagan’s “Morning in America”), which eventually developed into a "debased" popular culture, a pervasive distrust of institutions and leaders, and the splitting of national consensus into competing “values” camps. Generation X (Nomad archetype, born 1961–1981) came of age during this era.

Crisis

According to the authors, the Fourth Turning is a Crisis. This is an era in which institutional life is destroyed and rebuilt in response to a perceived threat to the nation’s survival. Civic authority revives, cultural expression redirects towards community purpose, and people begin to locate themselves as members of a larger group. Fourth Turnings have all been new “founding moments” in America’s history, moments that redefined the national identity.[25] America’s most recent Fourth Turning began with the stock market crash of 1929 and climaxed with the end of World War II. The G.I. Generation (a Hero archetype, born 1901 to 1924) came of age during this era. Their confidence, optimism, and collective outlook epitomized the mood of the era.[26] Today’s youth, the Millennial Generation (Hero archetype, born 1982 to 2004), show many traits similar to those of the G.I. youth, including rising civic engagement, improving behavior, and collective confidence.[27]

dannno
10-05-2013, 05:04 PM
//

dannno
10-05-2013, 05:06 PM
^ I tried to watch that movie but, like 3D movies (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429624-Gravity-%28the-film%29), it makes me a little dizzy too.

Just listen to it then and glance at the screen on occasion if you wanna see what is happening, it's really good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

Anti Federalist
10-05-2013, 05:38 PM
If we are posting clips from Waking Life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJXspT2VtOE

FloralScent
10-05-2013, 05:48 PM
If I had made up my mind that things were so bad I needed to set myself alight, every major news agency(and RPF) would have a copy of my manifesto at least a day before it happened. "Ignore this motherfuckers!".

WhY? I have to know.

FloralScent
10-05-2013, 05:50 PM
If I had made up my mind that things were so bad I needed to set myself alight, every major news agency(and RPF) would have a copy of my manifesto at least a day before it happened. "Ignore this motherfuckers!".

WhY? I have to know.

Maybe he's just some nut. I'll be disappointed if that is the case.

amy31416
10-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Maybe he's just some nut. I'll be disappointed if that is the case.

Says the guy talking to himself on a public forum. :)

Anti Federalist
10-05-2013, 05:59 PM
What on Earth is happening in the District of Columbia?

When People Lose Everything, They Have Nothing Left To Lose, And They Lose "It". - Gerald Celente.

Barrex
10-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Hope is dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d07TBhKNGU

FloralScent
10-05-2013, 06:13 PM

There are several tiers of insanity. I've only lit a fart.

amy31416
10-05-2013, 06:18 PM

Mmmmmm hmmmm...keepin' my eye on you, buddy.

kathy88
10-05-2013, 06:20 PM

LOL.

2young2vote
10-05-2013, 06:45 PM
If we are in crisis stage then it is pretty pathetic compared to WW2.

ClydeCoulter
10-05-2013, 06:50 PM
If we are in crisis stage then it is pretty pathetic compared to WW2.

In what way?

2young2vote
10-05-2013, 06:56 PM
In what way?

In terms of scope. We currently have a bad economy, but it isn't quite as bad as during the great depression. A man lighting himself on fire and a few other random acts of violence seem insignificant compared incinerating hundreds of thousands of people in Hiroshima and sending hundreds of thousands of Americans to their death in Europe (the supposed climax of that crisis stage for America).

idiom
10-05-2013, 07:37 PM
It just doesn't look that bad yet.

We are closer to 1936, when the depression was starting to cut deeper and there were a number of civil wars raging.

The economy is a lie. Its been a lie for 30 years. The bottom fell out in 2008 and is being held together with glue and string.

amy31416
10-05-2013, 07:50 PM
In terms of scope. We currently have a bad economy, but it isn't quite as bad as during the great depression. A man lighting himself on fire and a few other random acts of violence seem insignificant compared incinerating hundreds of thousands of people in Hiroshima and sending hundreds of thousands of Americans to their death in Europe (the supposed climax of that crisis stage for America).

This fellow probably had problems other than economic. He may be a vet, maybe his wife left him and took the kids, maybe he lost his job at the same time, maybe a close friend died.

I think it's a mistake to look at his act as a collective response until something is known about him. And so far, I don't think we know anything.

Danke
10-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Mmmmmm hmmmm...keepin' my eye on you, buddy.

You like watching men light their farts?

amy31416
10-05-2013, 09:31 PM
You like watching men light their farts?

Who doesn't?

Feeding the Abscess
10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Ad on the bottom of the page is an NHL 14 add, with the caption: hits so hard they'll light you up (or something similar. Light you up was in it)

dannno
10-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Hope is dying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d07TBhKNGU

8:17 is the best part.

In high school a band at my school did an amazing rendition at a high school function. They got in trouble and the singer went in to see the history teacher about it and wore a t-shirt that said, "Rehab is for Quitters"

Barrex
10-05-2013, 10:48 PM
8:17 is the best part.

In high school a band at my school did an amazing rendition at a high school function. They got in trouble and the singer went in to see the history teacher about it and wore a t-shirt that said, "Rehab is for Quitters"

Oh you want a story? Ha punk? Was on their concert once....was attacked by a tree.

angelatc
10-05-2013, 10:55 PM

Then she told my child that, why yes, he had fire on him, but don't worry! the ambulance took him away and he's going to get all better now..

And you don't have kids. Absolutely no point in telling a toddler the truth about the fact that the man was going to die a horrible painful death.

Americans run in to help. They don't run away. That's a feature, not a bug.

Schifference
10-06-2013, 05:29 AM
He had just found out what was in ObamaCare.

MelissaWV
10-06-2013, 07:34 AM
And you don't have kids. Absolutely no point in telling a toddler the truth about the fact that the man was going to die a horrible painful death.

Um, yes, I mentioned that at first and THEN read the part of the interview where she thought a man who was on fire on the lawn in the middle of the day was "performance art" to get closer and look at with her toddler.

If there's no point in telling the child the truth about what was going to happen to the man, then what was the point of staying closer once you realized you were looking at an actual human being who was being consumed by flames and dying a horrible death?

I know, I'm dumb like that. I would not have stuck around right next to that as others were already putting out the flames to dial 9-1-1 and would have taken my niece or nephew aside so they weren't watching the whole thing.

I guess that kind of irresponsible thinking on my part comes from not having children.

green73
10-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Interesting note about that Buddhist monk who set himself alight in Vietnam. It was in protest to a bombing of Buddhists that was blamed on the Diem government--but which really was a CIA false flag.

Lucille
10-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Just listen to it then and glance at the screen on occasion if you wanna see what is happening, it's really good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oVZ_lLUIIyU

That was a good idea. Oh shit!

A Son of Liberty
10-06-2013, 08:52 AM

LOL 8-|

Lucille
10-06-2013, 09:38 AM

Oh for crying out loud, Angela. Her first responsibility is to her kid. She could have called the cops (along with a dozen others) while she was running the opposite way to spare her two year old from watching a guy burn alive. That kid will never forget what he saw and smelled. But she can feel good about herself that she "helped," because that's what's important here. That guy was as good as dead as soon as he lit the match. Sadly, she didn't help the one person she could have.