PDA

View Full Version : Donate NOW to make us top tier--and beat McCain!

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 08:16 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/06/25/mccain_could_pull_out_by_autumn.html

McCain Could Pull Out By Autumn

John McCain "may drop out of the 2008 race by September if his fundraising dries up and his poll ratings continue to drop, according to Republican insiders," the Sunday Times of London (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article1977477.ece) reports.

The story is based almost entirely on buzz that McCain's fundraising for the second quarter will fall short. However, McCain's campaign "vigorously denied" the speculation.

Said one McCain campaign insider: "Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated. We’re in the precampaign phase when everybody is trying hysterically to read the tea leaves, but after September the lights will go on and everybody will see that we’ve got a candidate who has stood before, doesn’t need on-the-job training and has the resources to compete."

BuddyRey
06-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Good News!!!

Dan Klaus
06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Donated $50 today...first time ever to a politician...hope RP's staff use it to get going in Iowa...more to come as finances allow...

joenaab
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be best if all the non-Ron Paul candidates stay in the race to divide the non-Ron Paul vote amongst themselves? I'm hoping that they all stay in and that Gingrich and Thompson jump in, too.

My guess is that as Ron Paul's support grows, the GOP will put pressure on the rest to drop out, leaving only their very favorite two or three candidates.

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Joe,

My point is that if Dr. Paul demonstrates more cash on hand than McCain after the quarterly filing (donate by the end of this month), then our campaign will get a HUGE boost in credibility by the MSM and also demonstrate the funds to buy ads and get our message out.

Everyone in DC knows that McCain's campaign has been in a slow implosion for a while, so yes, we need to do better than he does. I suspect that McCain will have raised more money that Dr. Paul but that the good doctor has a good chance of having more cash on hand: let's be honest, he's cheap (I know, I used to work for him!), and McCain has been bleeding bad (after the "Educating Rudy" press conference, Kent told me that Dr. Paul had six total paid staffers and McCain had 120 just in NH).

Nefertiti
06-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Only 6 paid staffers and he has already generated this much buzz. That's impressive. I was an Obama fan and still am a fan but his campaign staff and their tactics have turned me off his campaign. I appreciate that Ron Paul doesn't need staffers to spin everything, puts his Congressional speeches out there for everyone to see how he himself stands, and also is comfortable with the fact that it is the voters who are driving the direction of his campaign. Obama may be the media darling but I believe that has spoiled a lot and I think for the moment it doesn't hurt Ron Paul to be flying under the radar a bit.

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Only 6 paid staffers and he has already generated this much buzz. That's impressive. [snip] Obama may be the media darling but I believe that has spoiled a lot and I think for the moment it doesn't hurt Ron Paul to be flying under the radar a bit.

There are more than six paid staffers now, but they still rely a lot on volunteers, yes. IMHO, Dr. Paul is all substance while Obama is mostly fluff (the non-Hillary).