PDA

View Full Version : default vs pay down -

surf
10-04-2013, 11:41 PM
I am beginning to agree that default is not the best option. but here's an option that doesn't seem to get thrown around: pay off the maturing bills, notes, and bonds along with the due interest payments. not with more borrowed money.

how? sell shit. turn up the printing presses in the short term because we know they can't do it that fast (I know, inflation sucks). in the end, it shouldn't harm yields that much as there will be less supply.

kcchiefs6465
10-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I assume in your list will be federal land. The federal government never had the authority to "own" the land and as such, the land should fall under the states which it resides. Federal ownership of however many tens of millions of acreage that they do is a travesty against the federalist system we have. They have no authority to sell that. State government, depending; possibly. (I haven't thought about the situation through much so I may revise my position on the parceling of land and who exactly owns it)

Please explain more on what precisely you'd see us to sell. I also am skeptical that even with selling what the federal government can, that the debt could be paid off. It is utterly out of the question without the mindset of the people changing a few core beliefs they've become indoctrinated or even accustomed to. We have developed into a wholly unproductive People. It is hard to imagine one set way to recover towards prosperity, freedom, peace, and productivity. I see a variety of things that need to occur but am curious as to what your solution would be.

kcchiefs6465
10-04-2013, 11:55 PM
I agree though. A default would be catastrophic for many and would undoubtedly affect all.

The millions dead throughout the world, the abominations of conscience birthed throughout the world...

Can our system of consumption really be justified?

We've lived beyond our means for decades. It can't last forever.

Carson
10-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I am beginning to agree that default is not the best option. but here's an option that doesn't seem to get thrown around: pay off the maturing bills, notes, and bonds along with the due interest payments. not with more borrowed money.

how? sell shit. turn up the printing presses in the short term because we know they can't do it that fast (I know, inflation sucks). in the end, it shouldn't harm yields that much as there will be less supply.

Are you sure it hasn't already been sold off?

I seems to me we have little control of even the private property with clear title.

It looks to me like illegal labor is being moved globally to exploit the natural resources of the globe.

Gold in Fort Knox?

Oil Reserve?

Coal?

Lumber?

National Forest?

Personally I see no other alternative other than some heavy duty defaulting. And then some years in the courts restoring the stolen property through Imminent Domain laws.

Zippyjuan
10-05-2013, 03:17 AM

Inflating doesn't make the debt go away. If you owe say $100k on a mortgage and your boss inflates your wages by 20% you still owe $100k.