PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck's Bold Speech to a Room Full of Journalists: Your Old Media Models Are Dying

Coolidge/Dawes '24
10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Article here (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/04/glenn-becks-bold-speech-to-a-room-full-of-journalists-your-old-media-models-are-dying/).

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/WP_000157-620x465.jpg

Glenn Beck has a vision for the future of new media.

"The old-style media doesn't really understand what's coming their way," said Glenn Beck at the annual Society of American Business Editors and Writers (SABEW) conference in New York City, which TheBlaze attended.

"We are facing what, I think, is a new industrial revolution, as big as the Industrial Revolution. But it's going to be compacted into a 10-year period. Everything is going to change. The system is going to change."

"Cultures will change. Everything is changing. You can either sit here and hang on to whatever it is, these old structures, or you can be more like GM," he said.

"Too many in traditional media have built these huge buildings and giant printing presses and everything else - it's old! It's not going to be a part of the future. You don't have to go through all those portals anymore," said Beck.

"Adapt or die. It's a really exciting time. Look at it and say, 'People will be more free, people will have a chance to have their voice heard more than any other time, it’s good,'" he said. "The people who want to control those voices, the people who want to say, 'No. It’s my way or the highway. No, it’s going to run through this system' - they’re the only ones who aren’t going to like it."

But the people who have something to say, the people who want to have their voices heard, they're going to love the future of new media, he said.

"Talk radio will be over in five years," he said. "It'll be out of business because it's no longer on a platform that is really accessible. You have to jump through hoops. So, at TheBlaze, we're building TheBlaze Radio. I can tell you how that thing is going to work, how it's going to be delivered. I can tell you how it's being delivered today."

enhanced_deficit
10-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Yep.
#MakeMSMListen

Antischism
10-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Adapt or die, eh?

I guess that's what Glenn Beck was thinking when he realized co-opting libertarianism would increase his ratings in the future.

enhanced_deficit
10-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Adapt or die, eh?

I guess that's what Glenn Beck was thinking when he realized co-opting libertarianism would increase his ratings in the future.

You're clearly not thinking about children of Iraq.

That was then, this is now.

Zippyjuan
10-04-2013, 09:55 PM
His audience will be dying too. His website primary demographics are white men over 45. https://www.quantcast.com/glennbeck.com

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Did he ever reveal that world changing revelation he claimed to have?

ZENemy
10-04-2013, 10:41 PM

lol, that.....

what happened to it?

Don Lapre
10-04-2013, 10:55 PM

No.

Beck is a jack off.

His credibility is the same as that of the MSM he lectures.

I pity the fool who thinks this guy is a helpful shepherd.

I piss in his general direction.

speciallyblend
10-04-2013, 11:58 PM
nothing bold about beck. He just says what is already fact after the fact. beck is not bold.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Beck here is a news tip bro:

Stop having your reporters write stories about yourself, unprofessional narcissist.

Natural Citizen
10-05-2013, 12:09 AM
"The old-style media doesn't really understand what's coming their way," said Glenn Beck

Heh. You don't know the half of it Glenn. :)

thehungarian
10-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Having his own news site call him 'bold'. So brave.

Cleaner44
10-05-2013, 08:30 AM
He is right about the changes. The newspapers have had a hard time adapting to the fact that people can read news online faster and for free. Some newspapers have started website and then only want to give limited views for free. When the ads in newspapers started declining in productivity because of less readers, they stupidly raised their rates, which then caused them to lose even more advertisers.

The media on TV has delusions of grandeur and seem to think the public hangs on their every word. The days of ABC, NBC and CBS dominance are long gone and the news outlets are preaching to small choirs. There are many more choices for entertainment and the credibility of the news outlets has never been lower, this is a bad combination for propaganda outlets. The radio has been in decline since mp3 players became dominate. This results in less listeners and decreased ability to shape public opinion.

People have more choices than ever and they aren't much interested in paying for poor reporting and obvious propaganda.

COpatriot
10-05-2013, 09:05 AM
He is right about the changes. The newspapers have had a hard time adapting to the fact that people can read news online faster and for free. Some newspapers have started website and then only want to give limited views for free. When the ads in newspapers started declining in productivity because of less readers, they stupidly raised their rates, which then caused them to lose even more advertisers.

The media on TV has delusions of grandeur and seem to think the public hangs on their every word. The days of ABC, NBC and CBS dominance are long gone and the news outlets are preaching to small choirs. There are many more choices for entertainment and the credibility of the news outlets has never been lower, this is a bad combination for propaganda outlets. The radio has been in decline since mp3 players became dominate. This results in less listeners and decreased ability to shape public opinion.

People have more choices than ever and they aren't much interested in paying for poor reporting and obvious propaganda.
I actually think people are interested in paying for obvious propaganda. Look at how many subscribers Beck has.