PDA

View Full Version : Teach a man to fish? Worthless if the Feds shut down.

XNavyNuke
10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Feds' shutdown shuts down Keys guides (http://www.keysnet.com/2013/10/02/490819/feds-shutdown-shuts-downs-keys.html)

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week that they cannot take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work. That means that more than 1,100 square miles of prime fishing is off limits between the southern tip of the mainland to the Keys until further notice.

Capt. Barry Hoffman, of Hoffman's Guide Service in Tavernier, said he doesn't rely on National Park Service personnel and rangers when he fishes the bay, so he doesn't see why he can't go there.

"It seems pretty senseless to me because they don't provide a service for us when we're out there," said Hoffman, who has been fishing the backcountry for more than 23 years.

Ellis started the Redbone series in 1988 to raise money for cystic fibrosis research. Since then, the program has attracted scores of celebrities, including professional athletes and politicians, and has raised more than $18 million in research dollars for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

This weekend's tournament and the Baybone tournament scheduled for Oct. 11 and 12 will be negatively affected by not being able to fish in the Florida and Biscayne bays. But the Redbone Celebrity Tournament set for Nov. 1 and 3 attracts far more boats and will be a wash if the shutdown continues.

"If by November this is still going on, it will destroy the tournament," said Ellis. "Let's see if they could grow up in a few days."

Only research money should come from the Feds, comrade.

XNN

coastie
10-04-2013, 03:07 PM
So go anyway...neither FWC(Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, used to be Florida Marine Patrol), nor the USCG have the resources to arrest them all, let alone even patrol that entire area, and they are the only two LE agencies that would/could do so.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Fish anyway, exactly.

XNavyNuke
10-04-2013, 03:17 PM
So go anyway...neither FWC(Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, used to be Florida Marine Patrol), nor the USCG have the resources to arrest them all, let alone even patrol that entire area, and they are the only two LE agencies that would/could do so.

Probably more worried about the loss of license, and therefore livelihood, than any minor fine associated with an arrest. This is about pain and fear of pain.

XNN

coastie
10-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Probably more worried about the loss of license, and therefore livelihood, than any minor fine associated with an arrest. This is about pain and fear of pain.

XNN

I understand that...so they go anyway. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past time the American people start telling these people to go fuck themselves, en masse.

seapilot
10-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I understand that...so they go anyway. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past time the American people start telling these people to go fuck themselves, en masse.

Its coming. The longer this BS goes on the more people will either decide to have to risk getting a fine or risk going out of business.

eduardo89
10-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Shut down sex industry and alcohol industry instead of cutting federal jobs ??

I agree, Vishal.

Cleaner44
10-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I love doing this :)

kpitcher
10-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Saw on the news about road restoration in CO because of the floods. Some areas were using a road through a national forest which is now closed with shutdown. Now they have to travel further out of their way. It's a road. How much manpower does it take to allow people to drive on a road?

XNavyNuke
10-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I love doing this :)

Thanks for continuing to get the word out.
XNN

XNavyNuke
10-08-2013, 10:36 AM
My DW sent me this link earlier today. Looks like a little protest.

Attention Charter Boat Fishing Captains across Florida (http://www.saveamericafoundation.com/2013/10/06/attention-charter-boat-fishing-captains-across-florida/#comment-238851)

I want every charter boat fisherman across Florida / Louisiana / Texas and Alabama (who is able) to get his or her vessels ready for underway for a coordinated mission to recover your stolen rights as Americans.

I want 1000 to 2000 charter boats filling the water way that was closed and confiscated illegally by President Obama under his White House order. DEFY IT ! Its illegal.

DO not fear we must come in force. I will lead the first boat across the line if you so choose but this honor must go to a Charter Boat Captain.

The feds will stand down just like they did in DC at the World War II memorial when Obama barricaded it off. We now have Patriots’ Guard and Vets protecting this site.

XNN