PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul CNN op-ed: Obamacare, shutdown are bad ideas

jct74
10-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Rand Paul: Obamacare, shutdown are bad ideas

By Rand Paul, Special to CNN
Fri October 4, 2013

(CNN) -- This week, we saw the outrageous spectacle of World War II veterans being told by our government that they couldn't visit their own memorial. These former service members, who stared down the Japanese and the Nazis, were told that they couldn't step through barricades arbitrarily placed in front of their memorial because the government has shut down. Some have speculated that it might have cost more to place the barricades there than to have done nothing at all.

Regardless, these WWII heroes busted through the barricades and gathered at the memorial anyway. Good for them.

While all of this was happening, millions of Americans got their first taste of just how problematic Obamacare is. The healthcare.gov website crashed. When the complaints came, President Barack Obama said that it was just like when Apple unveils a new product -- there are bound to be glitches. I don't recall ever being forced by the government to buy Apple products. I don't recall Apple ever being tone deaf to the complaints of their customers either.

Despite popular belief, all members of Congress will be forced to get Obamacare. All Congress and their staff will have to buy their insurance on the Obamacare health exchanges.

In researching the Obamacare exchanges in Kentucky, I learned that I now had a choice between just two insurance companies, whereas previously I had more than 30 choices.

But my Obamacare problems were small compared to what most Americans faced -- worries about keeping their current plans, the new law itself, what it entails, potential fines, personal privacy and in many cases, even keeping their jobs.

read more:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/opinion/paul-shutdown-obamacare/

ClydeCoulter
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Shared, thanks

XNavyNuke
10-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Good opinion piece.
XNN