PDA

View Full Version : Ayotte, Johnson and Coats Assail Cruz for Making Them Look Bad

AuH20
10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
More please!! Kelly you need to get so angry that you bust an artery!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/politics/gop-elders-see-liabilities-in-shutdown.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And on Wednesday at a private luncheon, several Senate Republicans — Dan Coats of Indiana, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire — assailed Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, who has led the movement to block funding for the health law.

Ms. Ayotte was especially furious, according to two people present, and waved a printout from a conservative group friendly to Mr. Cruz attacking 25 of his fellow Republican senators for supporting a procedural vote that the group counted as support of the health law.

Ms. Ayotte asked Mr. Cruz to disavow the group’s effort and demanded he explain his strategy. When he did not, several other senators — including Mr. Johnson, Mr. Coats and even Mitch McConnell, the minority leader — joined in the criticism of Mr. Cruz

VBRonPaulFan
10-04-2013, 12:24 PM
hahahahaha, this is great!

"stop telling everyone the truth about us goddamnit! it is killing our favorability ratings!"

XNavyNuke
10-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Some grains are better than others, but this is certainly separating the wheat from the chaff.

XNN

Kords21
10-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I don't think they need Cruz to make them look bad, they're doing a good job of that themselves.

krugminator
10-04-2013, 12:36 PM
I think this it is decent news for Rand. Cruz is going to get almost no support from other Senators in the primary. They are going to have plenty of bad things to say about him though. He is going to have no record of leadership. He will just a be a personality.

Rand, like Ron, doesn't personalize these policy conflicts. He sticks to policy and is making allies with establishment people in the process.

jj-
10-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Johnson should've just voted against allowing Reid to fund Obamacare.

AuH20
10-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I think this it is decent news for Rand. Cruz is going to get almost no support from other Senators in the primary. They are going to have plenty of bad things to say about him though. He is going to have no record of leadership. He will just a be a personality.

Rand, like Ron, doesn't personalize these policy conflicts. He sticks to policy and is making allies with establishment people in the process.

There are two different tacts at work. Rand is more of a statesman. While Cruz will sometimes take the role of a hammer. Both roles are important.

Brian4Liberty
10-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't think they need Cruz to make them look bad, they're doing a good job of that themselves.

Exactly. Ayotte especially.

HOLLYWOOD
10-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Reveal those phony establishment aristocrats... way to go Cruz

The more they open their mouths, the more they expose their true colors.

ClydeCoulter
10-04-2013, 01:11 PM
To my (oh my) Senator