PDA

View Full Version : D.C. Park Ranger: "We've been told to make life as difficult as possible."

AuH20
10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
What happened to hope, change and universal brotherhood? :rolleyes::D This confirms what we knew all along. We're dealing with vengeful sociopaths. BTW This employee better watch his back as well.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/pruden-the-cheap-tricks-of-the-game/

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

shane77m
10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
He isn't supposed to reveal his orders.

muh_roads
10-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I'd think they are spending more money trying to keep people out than not.

AuH20
10-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Who paid for the parks? I want to know. The people should overrun every barricaded park and then cut up the barricades & finally throw the remains over the gates at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

coastie
10-04-2013, 10:45 AM
There seemed to be a part missing from the original quote, fixed it for you.:p

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.” The Ranger added, "But, you know I have orders to follow. If anyone comes through this barrier, I will be forced to shoot them because my safety would then be in jeopardy. Additionally, if I quit now, I won't receive my paycheck at all...and fuck that shit!"

When these people start backing up their words with actions, I'll stop. Looks like I'm gonna be busy for a while.

Cleaner44
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I wish people in the area would take action. Tear down the barricades, haul them off. If masses of people would simply visit their own property that the federal government holds, there would be little the rangers could do. Expose this bullshit for what it is.

Cleaner44
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Let us spread this message...

AuH20
10-04-2013, 11:02 AM
From nudge to shove to????

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/03/they-are-building-a-thugocracy-glenn-beck-says-weve-passed-major-signposts-amid-government-shutdown-debate/

“I believe we now have a government that does not care if they look benevolent or not,” Beck asserted. “They don’t care if their authoritarian actions are on full display for everyone to see — in fact, I think they want it this way.”

.“They are teaching you a lesson,” he said, adding that the government preventing veterans from accessing their memorial – paid for by taxpayers and private citizens – also reflects a “you didn’t build that” mentality.

And it goes beyond that, Beck said, pointing to a handful of other locations that are not paid for by the federal government that the government still tried to shut down as part of the “government shutdown” this week.

“This is beyond not wise. You don’t do that unless you’re building a thugocracy,” Beck said. “You come in with your stormtroopers and you say ‘shut it down,’ and you have to. They don’t care if they bully vets, shut down parks that don’t need to be shut down — they are showing you they’re in control.”

Beck went further: “They didn’t care if they left people in Benghazi. They don’t care the IRS was targeting individuals based on their political beliefs. This week they became in charge of your health care. They don’t care that the IRS is now the one you have to answer to. They didn’t care if the NSA monitors every aspect of your life, and stores statistical history on you. Why? Because they’re building a thugocracy, and you’ve just passed an important milestone, and you need to know it.”

“The thugs are in control, and they want you to know. That’s why they’re bullying the 90-year-olds. [It] goes way beyond politics,” Beck said.

“We’re dealing with a whole new breed of people,” Beck said. “They are setting up [that] these are the bad guys…Because when things start to fall apart, they’re going to need somebody to say, ‘get em!‘”

Beck claimed progressives believe we are on the verge of fundamental change — that capitalism is in its final throes — and they are trying to make sure they have “somebody to blame” when they make the knockout punch.

“[Collectivism is] always pitched with a happy face and a promise that this time – this time – authoritarian rule will be different,” Beck said. “But it’s never different. It leaves a trail and a wake of bodies in every single instance. The consequence of collectivism has been cemented in history over and over and over again.”

“In collectivist China, 70 million perished under Chairman Mao. The Soviet Union killed 50 million people; millions starved to death under Stalin. The communist Khmer Rouge slaughtered 50 million people — that’s 25 percent of Cambodia’s entire population because the collective was more important.”

“Authoritarian collectivist governments always end with millions of people dead. Period. End of story!” Beck said with agitation.

Beck said that when the warning signs start to come, most will “ignore the mass graves” of the past and say it won’t happen here. It will be packaged as something “completely different.”

“But let me tell you something — when they start pushing the greatest generation, when they start boxing them in and using them, that’s a real problem, gang! They have no reason to do that, except to prove a point.”

“It always ends the same, and it always starts the same: loss of individual liberty, economic collapse, and the promise of equality,” Beck said.

angelatc
10-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I wish people in the area would take action. Tear down the barricades, haul them off. If masses of people would simply visit their own property that the federal government holds, there would be little the rangers could do. Expose this bullshit for what it is.

Thats how I feel about it. People would die, but public opinion would be with the public.

Root
10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
I wonder if SWC Obama learned this tactic in peace prize school?

Elias Graves
10-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Has that ranger been heard from lately or is he gone now, too?

jbauer
10-04-2013, 02:29 PM
How about you? Have you broke into a park? It's big and bad to talk tough on the net. But actions speak louder then words.

FindLiberty
10-04-2013, 03:21 PM
This video applies here too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_30-8ZlmQ

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Find that ranger's identity and [mod edit]!

Cleaner44
10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
How about you? Have you broke into a park? It's big and bad to talk tough on the net. But actions speak louder then words.

I don't know of any federal action like this going on in my area to take action against. I am not going to drive to NC to move some barriers. If you can share something local, I will take action if safe.

aGameOfThrones
10-04-2013, 04:34 PM
There seemed to be a part missing from the original quote, fixed it for you.:p

When these people start backing up their words with actions, I'll stop. Looks like I'm gonna be busy for a while.

Yeah, is disgusting, but they are still gonna do it, assholes.

devil21
10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Find that ranger's identity and [mod edit]

You do know that coastie's creative editing wasn't a real quote, right?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-04-2013, 04:43 PM
You do know that coastie's creative editing wasn't a real quote, right?

Yeah, I know. My comment is something that the ranger's employer might say. Guess I should have used one of them picture thingy things.

mad cow
10-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I don't know of any federal action like this going on in my area to take action against. I am not going to drive to NC to move some barriers. If you can share something local, I will take action if safe.

They folded and closed. :(

Meanwhile Camp David,in the middle of a National Park,remains open in case the First Family wants to take in the Fall foliage.

Cleaner44
10-04-2013, 04:55 PM
They folded and closed. :(

Meanwhile Camp David,in the middle of a National Park,remains open in case the First Family wants to take in the Fall foliage.

They changed their mind today and re-opened. They said they were briefly intimidated but after sleeping on it decided not to close.

mad cow
10-04-2013, 05:01 PM
They changed their mind today and re-opened. They said they were briefly intimidated but after sleeping on it decided not to close.

Excellent!

Anti Federalist
10-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Who paid for the parks? I want to know. The people should overrun every barricaded park and then cut up the barricades & finally throw the remains over the gates at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

If we were half the men they were in 1776, these petty tyrants would be tarred, feathered, or swinging from a rope.

But, we're not.

So here we sit, and take it.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2013, 05:05 PM

Very, very true.

Guilty of it myself.

You first, brother.

mad cow
10-04-2013, 05:10 PM

Where are National Parks,Forests,Recreational Areas,Monuments and such warranted in the Constitution?