PDA

View Full Version : If the President wasn't a Democrat, would the government have still been shut down?

Neil Desmond
10-04-2013, 01:58 AM
I wonder if anyone has considered this. If anyone wants to blame the Republicans or the so-called Teabaggers, I wonder if they've considered whether or not this would have happened if say a Republican (such as Ron Paul) were President.

ObiRandKenobi
10-04-2013, 02:02 AM
If the President wasn't a Democrat, would the government have still been shut down?

democrats would be demanding that mitt romney spend more $ than he already was.

and republicans would be like, ok cool. have some more $ everybody.

so no.

Elias Graves
10-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I think if we had a reasonable president, regardless of party, we wouldn't be here. Most presidents understand they have to work with congress to get things done. You don't always get your way.
And this is not just about the current crisis. He has built up this atmosphere since he took office.

Schifference
10-04-2013, 08:59 AM
That is because if you don't agree with this president you are a racist.

Elias Graves
10-04-2013, 09:00 AM
That is because if you don't agree with this president you are a racist.

I keep forgetting how much I hate black people til I get reminded again.

enhanced_deficit
10-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Not sure.
But if thisvPrez wasn't a democrat, there would have not been deadly wars escalations around the world, drone killings of thousands of innocent children,civilians and sponsorship of violent civil wars across mideast that have killed over hundred thousand people. No Iran war hysteria or support for AlQaeda in Syria using tax payers mony.

SWC democrat plant of neocons faces unique challanges as he dances to tunes of his puppet masters I would concede but no sympathy for him here.

erowe1
10-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Probably not.

And this is a good point to make to people who supported Romney, thinking he'd make the government grow less than Obama would.

Czolgosz
10-04-2013, 10:12 AM
The government isn't shutdown. The government always grows bigger, never smaller, regardless of "who" is in charge. Educating tribal chimps on how to be free will neither work nor last for very long (if you've had any success education them).

Take your freedom and work with other like minded individiuals to provide a common defense agains the tyrants.

brushfire
10-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Yes - I think the key elements here are those who are in opposition of the establishment. In fact, I suspect the whole objective here is to alienate the liberty minded politicians who stand as the biggest threat to both sides of the aisle.