PDA

View Full Version : Former KGB Agent Vladimir Putin Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

BarryDonegan
10-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Due to the former KGB agent’s prevention of a US war in Syria, The International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World, a Nobel nominating group, chose to nominate Russian President Vladimir Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize, despite his brutal domestic crackdowns against political opponents and well-known hostility towards Russia’s LGBT community. Though the Russian president's diplomatic wrangling might have prevented the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner from starting World War III, Putin's bellicose past and his authoritarian presidency represent serious threats to peace in his own country. Has the Nobel Peace Prize lost all credibility?

http://silverunderground.com/2013/10/former-kgb-agent-vladimir-putin-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize/

Carlybee
10-03-2013, 10:33 PM
International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World

wtf? Sounds like a Reverend Moon spinoff organization. That being said, he certainly is no less deserving than Obama was.

jmdrake
10-03-2013, 10:37 PM
He deserves one more than Al Gore or Barack Obama. I hope he gets one.

jmdrake
10-03-2013, 10:37 PM
wtf? Sounds like a Reverend Moon spinoff organization. That being said, he certainly is no less deserving than Obama was.

Don't you mean much more deserving? What war has Obama helped to prevent?

Carlybee
10-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Don't you mean much more deserving? What war has Obama helped to prevent?

I meant he doesn't deserve it less than Obama, hence he would deserve it more. That being said I don't trust him as far as I could throw him either.

jmdrake
10-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I meant he doesn't deserve it less than Obama, hence he would deserve it more. That being said I don't trust him as far as I could throw him either.

Neither would I. Which shows the sad state of the Nobel Peace prize. :(

Carlybee
10-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Neither would I. Which shows the sad state of the Nobel Peace prize. :(

It lost any credibility with me. But I figured out a long time ago most of those juried prizes are rigged anyway.

enhanced_deficit
10-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Obama opened doors for many people.

How many innocent people have been killed under command of Putin?
How many innocent people have been killed under command of Obama?
How many innocent people have been killed under command of Osama?

Nobel Peace prize committee has its work cut out.

J_White
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
LOL, hell, why not ?
he gave asylum to Snowden, who exposed the methods of an autocratic govt agency.

imagine if it was the other way round and Obama gave asylum to a Russian whistleblower and prevented an attack on Syria by Russia/China using diplomatic measures, the Nobel Peace Prize committee might have given Obama another one !!