PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart Still Trashing GOP, Ignoring Democratic Gaffes in Government Shutdown Fight

Coolidge/Dawes '24
10-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Article here (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/10/03/jon-stewart-name-calling).

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Hollywood/2013/05/09/stewart/jon_stewart2.jpg

It's not hard to imagine Jon Stewart and his crack Daily Show writing team hearing about Sen. Harry Reid's latest gaffe or news that the government is blocking U.S. veterans from entering national memorials and quickly covering their ears.

How else can they continue to spew one-sided comedy so impossibly smug it should make even proud liberals blanch?

Instead, Stewart was up to his usually name-calling Wednesday night, ignoring the computer glitches that are quickly the hallmark of Obamacare and blasting the GOP as if a second party didn't even exist inside the Beltway.

So it's another round of tightly edited clips, lies by omission and other tactics The Daily Show have refined to an art. Of course, Stewart couldn't complete the segment without more bleeped profanity.

This is what passes for brilliant political comedy - what a scam.

GregSarnowski
10-03-2013, 07:17 PM
No you see, the Daily Show is a comedy show and therefore can't possibly have an agenda or any responsibility to their viewers to prevent an unbiased version of events.

All of those polls that show for most TDS viewers it is their main source of "news" are irrelevant because they say so.

Antischism
10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Boohoo. This is rich coming from a website like Breitbart.

phill4paul
10-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Entertainers play to their audience. If you haven't learned what political persuasion Stewart's audience is you haven't been paying attention.

Snew
10-03-2013, 07:54 PM
lol you say that as if the GOP doesn't deserve to be trashed. Both parties are trash that deserve to be trashed.

nobody's_hero
10-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Well, I do agree somewhat with the article. I feel like they missed quite a few soft pitches which would have made for great material.

Brian4Liberty
10-03-2013, 08:18 PM
John Stewart and the Daily Show have been disgusting partisan hacks this week, just like most of the media. They really have been pathetic. Very weak arguments that can be dismantled easily. Not funny. Just vicious, one sided, hypocritical bullshit.

On the other hand, Colbert has stayed in form and actually makes funny and pointed jabs. He's partisan, but at least he is making sound arguments and satire.

GregSarnowski
10-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyone remember that episode of the daily show a few years back where they spent the entire show mocking CPAC yet somehow neglected to mention that Ron Paul had won? Just an oversight I'm sure.

"Entertainers play to their audience. If you haven't learned what political persuasion Stewart's audience is you haven't been paying attention."

This is overly optimistic I'm afraid. People really think John Stewart is a moderate/independent.

FriedChicken
10-03-2013, 09:07 PM
I do believe that Stewart is an independent liberal ... kinda like the young turks guy, Cenk. He bashed Obama and the democrats hard on the NDAA, drones, ect.
I'm surprised he hasn't jabbed the other side. I expected more from him (not that I'm deluded into thinking he is a friend of liberty).

I'm not a viewer of his though. I don't have TV.

NIU Students for Liberty
10-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Anyone remember that episode of the daily show a few years back where they spent the entire show mocking CPAC yet somehow neglected to mention that Ron Paul had won? Just an oversight I'm sure.

Do you remember this episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDJ6Ay4QMw

AuH20
10-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Stewart is a borderline Communist who adores Eugene V. Debs. This isn't exactly out of character. He needs his space so to speak.