PDA

View Full Version : Would Ron Paul be as popular WITHOUT Youtube?

Pedro TT
11-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Discuss.:D

Adamsa
11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Hell no.

Jordan
No.

MRoCkEd
noooooo

Trigonx
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
i want a ham sandwich now.

reduen
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
He would have gotten nowhere..

amakris
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
The free market would give us another video site.

Pedro TT
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM

I dont know about that. There possibly could have been another video site but I honestly believe that RP would be a nobody without youtube.

FreedomLover
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Youtube is where I first heard about him, funnily enough.

10thAmendmentMan
11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I didn't find out about RP through YouTube, and I'd guess that the majority of people who know about him didn't either. I'd bet that YouTube has had a role in solidifying support for him, but not creating it.

Maverick
11-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Where's my ham sandwich?

Exponent
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I have no idea, as I don't really know much about who uses YouTube and how. So I voted for a ham sandwich (it's getting close to dinner, and my dinner is a mangled and squished peanut butter and honey sandwich in a plastic bag, so a ham sandwich sounded like a good deal).

However, after the May 3rd debate, and in preparation for the May 15th debate (I think those are the correct dates), I checked him out on YouTube myself because someone had mentioned that on some forum or another (PeakOil.com, I believe, or perhaps Gamedev.net), and the various interviews I found really made my decision for me. So is my support largely influenced by YouTube? Yes. Did it come from people spreading around the idea of looking him up on YouTube? Yes. So I would give at least half a vote for "No", that his support would not have been as good were it not for YouTube.

Lexx78
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Can I have some cheese with that ham sandwich?

sorry, but I am Dutch :o

RonPaulwillWin
11-28-2007, 05:55 PM

We have a winner :D

Pedro TT
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Can I have some cheese with that ham sandwich?

sorry, but I am Dutch :o

A proper ham sandwich is always served toasted with Boarshead Swiss Cheese and a touch of mayo. It seems that ham sanwiches are almost as popular as freedom itself. :p Who woulda thunkit?

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
yes, but not as quick

erowe1
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Discuss.:D

Without Youtube, Ron Paul would be sitting at a mere 4% right now, rather than a full 5%. But it's all irrelevant if we don't reach the other 95% of the people who don't choose presidential candidates based on Youtube, and if we don't do this as of yesterday.

mmink15
11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
"The proof is in the pudding" as they say. On YouTube I can find actual documented proof of how consistent Dr Paul is. I've seen him go toe to toe with the Federal Reserve and talking "sound money" in clips dating back to 1983. I can actually watch his wisdom on the House floor in 2002 when he urged Congress to vote NO to the Iraq war. I can see speeches from 2007 and compare them with speeches from 1988 to see, for myself, how consistent this man is. These are just a few of the reasons that Ron Paul benefits so greatly from YouTube. You certainly won't find this kind of resource for rating candidates on cable television news networks. The reason that Ron Paul's YouTube support is so unyielding is because Ron Paul seemed to good to be true and we have tried to prove him wrong for ourselves and couldn't. We searched his record for the kind of typical political schemes that have become status quo and found nothing. Time and time again we see Ron Paul standing alone in the face of huge opposition and speaking the truth. The kind of respect Ron Paul has is founded in truth and well deserved. Ron Paul doesn't need to say anything new or different, like other candidates, so that his campaign has a slogan or driving purpose. Ron Paul simply keeps telling it how he sees it, which more often than not over the last 32 years has rung as true as the Liberty Bell.