PDA

View Full Version : David Buckner: 'Weimar Republic' Cascade In Action in the U.S.

AuH20
10-03-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/02/david-buckner-explains-why-the-u-s-could-be-on-a-collision-course-for-a-weimar-republic-style-collapse/

David laid out five “steps” that lead to/cause a hyper-inflated state:

1. Economic implosion
2. Collapse in tax revenues
3. Raise taxes
4. Lenders stop lending
5. Austerity or print

All 5 have been in effect. It's like watching a goat on a conveyor belt heading towards the mechanical slicer.

10-03-2013, 10:37 AM
If you think hyper inflation is coming or when it first starts, buy as much in hard assets as you possibly can on credit. Land, homes, vehicles, weapons, stockpile as much food as possible. As the currency inflates, you can easily pay the loans off.

jllundqu
10-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Exactly... no one will have to worry about paying off debt (including the US gov)

As long as you have hard assets, you're golden. I'm interested in the housing situation. People will not be able to afford housing payments... millions of people won't. Are they really going to try an evict millions of people and leave those homes empty?

AuH20
10-03-2013, 10:42 AM
If you think hyper inflation is coming or when it first starts, buy as much in hard assets as you possibly can on credit. Land, homes, vehicles, weapons, stockpile as much food as possible. As the currency inflates, you can easily pay the loans off.

I think hyperinflation is inevitable as a panic strategy once the treasury bond situation explodes. The financial oligarchs are boxed in with no 'out' card aside from thermonuclear war. LOL

thoughtomator
10-03-2013, 10:44 AM

just make sure the rates aren't adjustable

shane77m
10-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Shouldn't Zippy be coming in and say that everything is good?

VBRonPaulFan
10-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Exactly... no one will have to worry about paying off debt (including the US gov)

As long as you have hard assets, you're golden. I'm interested in the housing situation. People will not be able to afford housing payments... millions of people won't. Are they really going to try an evict millions of people and leave those homes empty?

That depends on who you think is still going to show up to work at the mortgage companies to process those defaults.

AuH20
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Buckner makes an excellent point about the actual, physical collapse unraveling in a very short time, as in 3 months, due to the 'trust' perception being obliterated. This entire rotten system is still built on the highly guarded illusion that there are certain guarantees and 'moral standards' in play, in terms of protecting savings accounts, contracts, investments and pension funds. Like my brother-in-law who works at Merrill Lynch recently told me, "Once that goes, it's back to the stone age."

VBRonPaulFan
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM

it seems he's been furloughed, unfortunately :(

jllundqu
10-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Buckner makes an excellent point about the actual, physical collapse unraveling in a very short time, as in 3 months, due to the 'trust' perception being obliterated. This entire rotten system is still built on the highly guarded illusion that there are certain guarantees and 'moral standards' in play, in terms of protecting savings accounts, investments and pension funds. Like my brother-in-law who works at Merrill Lynch recently told me, "Once that goes, it's back to the stone age."

The .gov is already doing that! Hell I just heard today that one of the "extraordinary accounting measures" the Fed has been using is raiding the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) account! They basically take the retirement accounts, drop in an "IOU" backed by the Full Faith and Credit blah blah blah...

Is there anyone arguing or posulating any other feasible outcome to our current fiscal condition? I mean does Krugman actually think "all is well" here?

AuH20
10-03-2013, 11:12 AM
The .gov is already doing that! Hell I just heard today that one of the "extraordinary accounting measures" the Fed has been using is raiding the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) account! They basically take the retirement accounts, drop in an "IOU" backed by the Full Faith and Credit blah blah blah...

Is there anyone arguing or posulating any other feasible outcome to our current fiscal condition? I mean does Krugman actually think "all is well" here?

To do so would be to abandon his "religion." Krugman is one of the revered high priests of this death cult.

jllundqu
10-03-2013, 11:15 AM
To do so would to abandon his "religion." Krugman is one of the revered high priests of this death cult.

But how does he see this playing out? I would really like to know what the next 20 years looks like from a keynsian perspective... not generalities, but actual dollars and cents. Do they expect the economic output and GDP to grow at 20% a year for 50 years to compensate??? I mean, what do they REALLY believe?

Uriel999
10-03-2013, 11:18 AM

The Department of Trolling is regrettably closed due to furlough.

ZENemy
10-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I buy the same stuff at the store every week.

4 years ago I spent about 54 Dollars per week, Now with buying the same exact stuff I'm paying 86.00

Is this NOT inflation?

I buy mostly bananas, rice and potatoes so Im not thinking this is a supply and demand scenario.

Aratus
10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
didn't thah "W" raise the robbing & looting of domestic gov't funded projects to send money into his most favorite crusades into an artform?

devil21
10-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I buy the same stuff at the store every week.

4 years ago I spent about 54 Dollars per week, Now with buying the same exact stuff I'm paying 86.00

Is this NOT inflation?

I buy mostly bananas, rice and potatoes so Im not thinking this is a supply and demand scenario.

Most consumer side price inflation is being hidden in reduced packaging and lower quality. Smaller portions at higher prices instead of same portions at much higher prices.

I bought a new pair of jeans the other day and made sure to get same brand (Levi's) at same size as my other pairs of jeans. After I got them home I compared them to the pair I bought a couple years ago. The new pair is substantially thinner denim and the pockets are about half as deep as the pair from a couple years ago. Price was roughly the same iirc.

Seraphim
10-03-2013, 04:48 PM
This is exactly what I've noticed.

Most consumer side price inflation is being hidden in reduced packaging and lower quality. Smaller portions at higher prices instead of same portions at much higher prices.

I bought a new pair of jeans the other day and made sure to get same brand (Levi's) at same size as my other pairs of jeans. After I got them home I compared them to the pair I bought a couple years ago. The new pair is substantially thinner denim and the pockets are about half as deep as the pair from a couple years ago. Price was roughly the same iirc.

Seraphim
10-03-2013, 04:57 PM
The only fixed rate credit you can get is on a mortgage, really.

Virtually everything else is variable. You can't just get a fixed rate line of credit. Certainly not in Canada, I don't think in America either. Fixed rates are for mortgages.

In hyperinflation, the cost of servicing a loan as interest rates go to 100% (or some seemingly ungodly level) is negligible. The price appreciation of the assets goes up much faster then the price spike for servicing the loan.

This is especially true of gold/silver.

Hyperinflation is a market reset of sorts. Creditors and cash holders get wiped out.

The creditors raise rates in a response to inflation, but they simply cannot keep up.

just make sure the rates aren't adjustable

LibForestPaul
10-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I hate to burst bubbles, but if the state wants what is yours, there is no hiding.
ex.
double digit inflation is coming - state
i will finance new home at low rate - prepper
i will raise property taxes and school taxes on your home - state
i can not afford house, default - prepper
i need to rent - prepper
here are some vouchers - state
come rent from me (was actually your home), i have state incentive whereby i do not have to pay property tax - crony

LibForestPaul
10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
But how does he see this playing out? I would really like to know what the next 20 years looks like from a keynsian perspective... not generalities, but actual dollars and cents. Do they expect the economic output and GDP to grow at 20% a year for 50 years to compensate??? I mean, what do they REALLY believe?

See Mexico, China, Russia. Does knowing what they believe help. They believe they will be part of the N% crony crowd. Just like teachers, union workers, cops, pilots, doctors all think as well. There is room for me in this little crony crowd. Where is my payout.

ZENemy
10-03-2013, 05:29 PM
This is exactly what I've noticed.

Me too. even the Starbucks cups are thinner.

Pericles
10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I hate to burst bubbles, but if the state wants what is yours, there is no hiding.
ex.
double digit inflation is coming - state
i will finance new home at low rate - prepper
i will raise property taxes and school taxes on your home - state
i can not afford house, default - prepper
i need to rent - prepper
here are some vouchers - state
come rent from me (was actually your home), i have state incentive whereby i do not have to pay property tax - crony

This is the stage at which the Freikorps concept comes into play.