PDA

View Full Version : TEXANS COULD VOTE FOR INDEPENDENCE IN MARCH

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 07:52 AM
The Texas Nationalist Movement is working to give Texas Republicans the right to cast a ballot in favor of re-establishing Texas as an independent republic in March via the petition process defined in Texas election law.

Response to the potential of a non-binding referendum on independence from has been extremely positive all over the State, with block-walkers reporting receiving signatures from as high as 80% of the registered Republicans they reached in their canvassing using the voter registration lists provided by each county.

The Petition states: "I know that the purpose of this petition is to place a referendum on the 2014 primary ballot for the REPUBLICAN PARTY that states: 'The State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation. FOR OR AGAINST'..."

Volunteers for the Texas Nationalist Movement (TNM) have been circulating this petition statewide since mid-August and have received a welcome reception from Texans from all walks of life at political events, festivals, parks, and gun shows.

The TNM has county organizations in over 40 counties covering nearly 70% of the population of Texas but due to unsolicited inquiries from people all over the State on Facebook, e-mail, and via telephone calls the TNM is letting Texans everywhere know that it will work with the county Republican organizations statewide to hold petition signing events to accommodate those living in areas which do not yet have a TNM county affiliate.

Continued... http://texnat.org/index.php/news/tnm-news/1956-texans-could-vs

puppetmaster
10-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Make it so

erowe1
10-03-2013, 09:02 AM
I hope they get the signatures they need. I look forward to seeing the histrionics Rick Perry will go through while he tries to look like he supports it and simultaneously pulls no punches in making sure it doesn't happen.

Uriah
10-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Thirty-six congressional seats would be reallocated if Texas gained it's independence. The US congress would lose 24 Republicans and 12 Democrats. The US would lose about 26 million people and a US representative would theoretically represent about 60,000 fewer people. How would this break down for each state? What states would gain seats? If Texas pushed for this it probably wouldn't take full effect for another decade.

FSP-Rebel
10-03-2013, 10:28 AM
The Petition states: "I know that the purpose of this petition is to place a referendum on the 2014 primary ballot for the REPUBLICAN PARTY that states: 'The State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation. FOR OR AGAINST'..."
Is this for a TXGOP party bylaw or what really does it mean? Sounds non-binding

jllundqu
10-03-2013, 10:46 AM
It says non binding.

So......... wtf

Uriah
10-03-2013, 11:06 AM
It says non binding.

So......... wtf

I think this would set the scene for more people to vote yes on independence. Positive momentum is created with a larger number of people in favor. It's harder for people to take an extreme stand when the consequence is staring you in the face. This allows people to vote 'yes' seemingly without effect.

Keith and stuff
10-03-2013, 11:54 AM
It says non binding.

So......... wtf
That's what happened in community after community in MA for the decriminalization of cannabis. And after the movement was built, a statewide initiative was pushed, and passed. Then, the statewide initiative for medical marijuana happened. The next step is the expected statewide for legalization in 2014.

I fully support this effort. And hopefully, Rand Paul is elected and the folks in TX continue to work towards this. That would be a great sign that this isn't just a backlash to Obama.

fr33
10-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Bump.

http://dissidentx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Troutman_Liberty_or_Death__sticker.png

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm in support, obviously. Any movement towards neutering DC is good by me. And hey, bonus, maybe the Cowboys wouldn't be in the NFL anymore.

eduardo89
10-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Response to the potential of a non-binding referendum on independence from has been extremely positive all over the State,

Pointless.

Also, seems to be limited to GOP voters.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Pointless.

Bullshit.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Are you in Debbie Downer mode tonight?

eduardo89
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Bullshit.

Are you in Debbie Downer mode tonight?

No, just a non-binding vote within a private organization isn't exactly going to do anything.

GunnyFreedom
10-03-2013, 10:55 PM
All the sudden that potential job in TX is looking a lot better.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 10:56 PM
No, just a non-binding vote within a private organization isn't exactly going to do anything.

Well what the hell, did you think they were just going to declare independence tomorrow? This stuff has to start somewhere, so they're starting it.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 11:00 PM
All the sudden that potential job in TX is looking a lot better.

So is Pericles attempt at a liberty community.

eduardo89
10-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Well what the hell, did you think they were just going to declare independence tomorrow? This stuff has to start somewhere, so they're starting it.

Ok you make a good point there. But I just don't think that any 'legal' way of independence will ever work. If Texas wants to become independent they will need to fight for it through the threat or actual use of force. The Feds will never accept independence of any state without a war or threat of one.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Ok you make a good point there. But I just don't think that any 'legal' way of independence will ever work. If Texas wants to become independent they will need to fight for it through the threat or actual use of force. The Feds will never accept independence of any state without a war or threat of one.

No argument from me on those points. Still, lets get the ball rolling already, no one in their right mind thinks it will happen without some kind of a fight.

Pericles
10-03-2013, 11:10 PM
So is Pericles attempt at a liberty community.

Got 90 acres to work with and organizational meeting in 10 days.

fr33
10-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Pointless.It's already been addressed in this topic how it works. It's gradualism. Please don't talk me out of voting for Rand Paul when I get the chance

so, seems to be limited to GOP voters.

Good enough. Wendy Davis won't be winning shit. Texas won't be blue.

TaftFan
10-03-2013, 11:12 PM
On the bad side the rest of us will be stuck with Democratic rule forever.

Unless we could get California to secede too.

eduardo89
10-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Or California to split into two (or more) states. California does have 15 GOP Representatives in Congress, so a decent part of the state is 'red.'

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Or California to split into two (or more) states. California does have 15 GOP Representatives in Congress, so a decent part of the state is 'red.'

California, despite it's complete screwed upedness, (yes, that's a word tonight) has a lot of places where people aren't completely out of their minds.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Got 90 acres to work with and organizational meeting in 10 days.

Incoming..

eduardo89
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
California, despite it's complete screwed upedness, (yes, that's a word tonight) has a lot of places where people aren't completely out of their minds.

My entire California experience is San Francisco and Disneyland but I know what you mean.

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
My entire California experience is San Francisco and Disneyland but I know what you mean.

I lived in Marin County out in the sticks outside of frisco for a year. You have to get farther than that though......

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 11:39 PM

No, not forever. Literally impossible.

erowe1
10-04-2013, 06:55 AM

Or, better yet, our own state.

kathy88
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I would totally go live among the chiggers if this happens.

Occam's Banana
10-04-2013, 10:32 AM
But I just don't think that any 'legal' way of independence will ever work.

Probably not ...

If Texas wants to become independent they will need to fight for it through the threat or actual use of force. The Feds will never accept independence of any state without a war or threat of one.

... unless a lot of other things happen that render the Feds effectively unable to deal effectively with "secessionist" incidents.
(And what those things might be is a motherlode for hypothetical speculations.)

Despite the fact that these various secessionist movements (and efforts for things like Constitutional amendments or conventions) almost certainly won't "come off" - or work even if they do "come off" (in the case of Constitutional amendation) - they are still critically important.

A lot of people are going to have to "see it (fail) to believe it." Once those things are tried and have failed - and it has been shown that a "by the book" approach won't work - THEN people who are sympathetic to these causes will be a LOT more willing to consider more "radical" stances (stances that they would not adopt right now).

IOW: We have to let the "by the book" approaches run their course before a lot more people will be willing to set the book on fire and jump up and down on the ashes ...