PDA

View Full Version : Huck just dubbed the "X factor" in Iowa primaries by CNN's Wolf Blitzer

mconder
11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Huck just dubbed the "X factor" in Iowa primaries by CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

I am really worried about what's happening with Huckebee. His poll numbers have been explosive and I would wager the poll numbers mean more than our fund raising in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if Huck does not turn out to be the new media darling while Mitt and Guiliani get kicked to the curb to destroy each other in a death match that is certain to leave neither the victor.

We need to figure out how to neutralize Huckabee and fast.

kylejack
11-28-2007, 05:18 PM
I think he's probably going to win Iowa. New Hampshire is so crucial. If Huckabee takes Iowa and Ron Paul takes New Hampshire, that would be a critical blow to the so-called top tier, possibly even a death blow. Even if Fred or Mitt takes South Carolina, the momentum from those two states would just be too much.

Maverick
Yeah, I saw that comment too. Huck is everyone's new favorite shill now, the flavor of the month.

ItsTime
If Mitt does not attack Huckabee tonight I will be surprised

integrity
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
he is just getting the Warmonger vote that RP wouldn't get anyway.... Crazy compassionate christians!

also, who's to say the polls haven't been slanted in Hucksters favor, the same way they are slanted against RP?

mconder
11-28-2007, 05:21 PM
New Hampshire is so crucial.

I am worried we are just too far behind Mitt in New Hampshire to pull this off. I hope I am wrong.

kylejack
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM

I am worried we are just too far behind Mitt in New Hampshire to pull this off. I hope I am wrong.
Never, never, never give up.
Winston Churchill

Adamsa
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM

A lot of independants according to polls (the most in fact) shouold cross to vote for Ron, especially if Hillary wins Iowa.

klamath
11-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Huck is the one I think we need to worry about. Huck has been on every news program since the Iowa straw poll. He is with out a doubt the lower tier candidate they have been pushing.

ItsTime
11-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Romney 31% Paul 27% among Indies in New Hampshire

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41790

We are not as far behind as MSM wants the public to know.

jgmaynard
11-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Independents ALWAYS make the difference in NH.

I also agree that if Huck takes Iowa and we take NH, the frontrunners will be dealt a deathblow or close to it.

We will get a lot more independents out for Ron than Romney will if we play our cards right and we all work hard.

This state has been known to swing candidates from 3% to 30% in a matter of days (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31280).

JM

reduen
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I really do not know how he has done it but Huckabee has garnered the support of the media for about 2 moths now! I have never seen a negative piece on him yet.

Face it, we may own the internet but Paul's Campaign should take some lessons from Huckabee where the media is concerned. (In fact Paul's Campaign should just do something for a change!)

Agree with me or not and like it or not Huckabee has been hurting us for a while now. How, I don't really know for sure and he was my second pick..

ItsTime
11-28-2007, 05:30 PM
In case you missed it:

Romney 31% Paul 27% among Indies in New Hampshire

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41790

We are not as far behind as MSM wants the public to know.

d
Independents ALWAYS make the difference in NH.

I also agree that if Huck takes Iowa and we take NH, the frontrunners will be dealt a deathblow or close to it.

We will get a lot more independents out for Ron than Romney will if we play our cards right and we all work hard.

This state has been known to swing candidates from 3% to 30% in a matter of days.

JM

Mister Grieves
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
The old media naming Huckabee as the next big thing is the kiss of death for him. It happens with McCain every election cycle. It happened with Thompson, and it will continue to happen until someone with substance(Paul) is offered up.

Why do so many of you crave the MSM's affection like a battered wife longing for her habitually abusive husband to put down the bottle and sober up? We've done everything so far not only without them, but against their lies and smears.

Let them scramble for some semblance of relevancy while they go down the drain. I love it.

reduen
11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
The old media naming Huckabee as the next big thing is the kiss of death for him. It happens with McCain every election cycle. It happened with Thompson, and it will continue to happen until someone with substance(Paul) is offered up.

Why do so many of you crave the MSM's affection like a battered wife longing for her habitually abusive husband to put down the bottle and sober up? We've done everything so far not only without them, but against their lies and smears.

Let them scramble for some semblance of relevancy while they go down the drain. I love it.

Very nice analogy here...

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM

you are wrong!!!

we are doing great and the word is very positive... Not to mention, we have a few aces up our sleeve. ;):)

I'll be posting about one of them here in the next day once everything is finalized.
RP fans should be doing back flips.

majinkoola
11-28-2007, 06:11 PM
he is just getting the Warmonger vote that RP wouldn't get anyway.... Crazy compassionate christians!

also, who's to say the polls haven't been slanted in Hucksters favor, the same way they are slanted against RP?

Way to call a group of people "crazy." Sounds like the name neocons call people from the Middle East.

Churchgoing Christians can certainly be recruited. I know, I'm one of them, and have gotten about 10 of my churchgoing friends on board as well.

And Huckabee's poll numbers are certainly for real. For many Christians it's not because they dislike Paul, it's because they haven't heard of him, know that Huck is socially conservative, and they distrust the big 4.

tsetsefly
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
just remember it was the same with thomson, Huckabee's record will start being exposed by the so called top tier...

LibertyOfOne
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
We don't care about huck.

Midnight77
11-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Yep. I think the nomination will come down to either Huckabee, Romney, or Paul in the end.

Huckabee has gained an unreal amount of attention as of late. His poll numbers went up almost overnight.

Interesting.

jgmaynard
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Once again, it depends on the state.

We don't have a national primary and the situation for us is going to be different from state to state.

Here in NH, Huck is meaningless. He's going nowhere. However, except for Romney, McCain is our real competition here. Meanwhile, in Iowa, Huck is big and McCain is meaningless.

JM

quickmike
11-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I think NH is far more representative of the rest of the country than Iowa is. remember when Pat Robertson did so well in Iowa and fell on his face with the rest of the country? Thats what happens when you appeal to such a narrow group of people. Huck wont go anywhere nationaly and he doesnt have the funds. His support is miniscule when you look at his fund raising. its Romney that im thinking will be the one to beat since he can throw all his money into ads getting his name recognized and acting all "reagany" Of course, I could be wrong about Romney. He might flop as well.

Now im just confused.

Hucks not going anywhere though, thats for sure.

mconder
11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Now im just confused.

I think that's where I'm at as well.

MarcMadness
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Is there a RudyReadingList Video out there on YouTube, like the one for TeaParty07? I need to do a last minute spamming to my myspace friends and email some folks...and the masses like pretty pictures...

**OOPS** . Meant to post this as a new thread, forget this ever happened....