PDA

View Full Version : Reid Gets Smoked Out by Dana Bash

AuH20
10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Raw power baby!! 'The kids' have always been props.

http://freebeacon.com/reid-why-would-we-want-to-help-one-kid-with-cancer/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XRfhJFZrJw

DANA BASH: You all talked about children with cancer unable to go to clinical trials. The House is presumably going to pass a bill that funds at least the NIH. Given what you’ve said, will you at least pass that? And if not, aren’t you playing the same political games that Republicans are?

HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.

BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –

BASH: I’m just asking a question.

specsaregood
10-02-2013, 01:23 PM
What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded?

Interesting question Sen. Reid. Can you explain what right they have to fund any of it?

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
The original story.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/02/harry-reid-why-would-we-want-to-save-kids-from-cancer

eduardo89
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.

Ummm....

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

Congress gets to decide what gets funded and what doesn't.

georgiaboy
10-02-2013, 01:29 PM
oh yes. this is like a dream come true.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM

georgiaboy
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM
385487507208425472tweets

zing! you're cracking me up.

Lucille
HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here.

It's how it used to be.

It was under Jimmy Carter in 1978 that the structure of government funding and reporting was changed. Previously, each agency had to apply every year for their budget. Then, to save time, Carter indexed them to CPI. When the CPI took off dramatically into 1980, the cost of government exploded.

Now Republican leaders in the House of Representatives are floating a plan to reopen some shuttered federal agencies by passing small, individual funding bills for them. I will say this now – ELIMINATE AUTOMATIC FUNDING MAKE EVERY AGENCY JUSTIFY THEIR SPENDING EACH YEAR – TIME CONSUMING BUT THAT WILL KEEP CONGRESS OCCUPIED SO THEY DO NOT PASS OTHER MEANINGLESS NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The proposed plan, which would ease some of the pain of a government shutdown that has begun as spending authority expired, was presented to rank-and-file House Republicans at a meeting in the Capitol. We should extend the debt ceiling which will happen at the end of the day anyhow, and return the budget to ”selective funding” measures on an annual basis (http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/10/01/here-is-the-solution-return-to-selected-funding-permanently/). This may actually reduce government size and spending. Nobody looks at anything anymore. It is on AUTO-PILOT.

BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –

"Why would we want to do that," eh? LOL Why do Democrats hate children with cancer?

Instead of getting defensive, Bash should have reminded him that the GOP is trying (http://reason.com/blog/2013/10/02/house-republicans-set-to-try-and-reopen) to get those 1,100 people back to work too.

AuH20

But I always thought that the children were the #1 priority in the Democrat circle? <snicker>

georgiaboy
10-02-2013, 01:38 PM
who'da thunkit, the Republicans are actually playing this perfectly.

Onward!

mosquitobite
10-02-2013, 01:47 PM
who'da thunkit, the Republicans are actually playing this perfectly.

Onward!

Indeed!

Won't someone think of the children?!

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 01:51 PM
A couple of idiots on CNN earlier today did a whole segment about how this shutdown will hurt the kids with cancer. It's for the children!!!

This Reid quote demolishes that whole leftist-establishment talking point.

specsaregood
10-02-2013, 01:53 PM

yeah, that was a major screwup by reid. I imagine the redwing is gonna run with it until everybody in the US has heard it.

eduardo89
10-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Please retweet!!!

and here's the shortened video that makes him look really bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jnDMq_SsH4

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 01:58 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/reid-gives-condescending-reply-to-cnns-dana-bash-over-cancer-research-funding/

Reid gives condescending reply to CNN’s Dana Bash over cancer research funding

At a press conference held by Senate Democrats on Wednesday, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid suggested that CNN congressional correspondent Dana Bash was “irresponsible and reckless” during an exchange over the funding for cancer research by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), adding, “why would we want to” help one child who has cancer while negotiations continue.

Bash pointed out that the House was likely to pass a bill that would provide funding for the NIH, but Reid deflected and argued the House shouldn’t be able “pick and choose” what parts of government are funded.

“You all talked about children with cancer unable to go to clinical trials,” Bash said. “The House is presumably going to pass a bill that funds at least the NIH. Given what you’ve said, will you at least pass that? And if not, aren’t you playing the same political games that Republicans are?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/02/reid-gives-condescending-reply-to-cnns-dana-bash-over-cancer-research-funding/

shane77m
10-02-2013, 02:01 PM

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 02:01 PM

mosquitobite
10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
A couple of idiots on CNN earlier today did a whole segment about how this shutdown will hurt the kids with cancer. It's for the children!!!

It's exactly the kind of screw up Gingrich made back in '95-'96.

libertyjam
10-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Senator Reid thinks he gets to dictate to the HoR what they can fund or not?

mosquitobite
10-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Senator Reid thinks he gets to dictate to the HoR what they can fund or not?

Good question:
"
The House of Representatives cannot only refuse, but they alone can propose, the supplies requisite for the support of government. . . . This power over the purse may, in fact, be regarded as the most complete and effectual weapon with which any constitution can arm the immediate representatives of the people, for obtaining a redress of every grievance, and for carrying into effect every just and salutary measure."

—Federalist No. 58 (Madison

XNavyNuke
10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
yeah, that was a major screwup by reid. I imagine the redwing is gonna run with it until everybody in the US has heard it.

More of a screw up by an MSM reporter. Ehh, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm sure she won't let it happen again.

XNN

FSP-Rebel
10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
It's quite amusing, his minions on Twitter are glossing over this fact like lemmings too. Stupidity is almost impressive sometimes.

libertyjam
10-02-2013, 02:26 PM
It's quite amusing, his minions on Twitter are glossing over this fact like lemmings too. Stupidity is almost impressive sometimes.

I was contemplating it would make a good tweet...

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 02:27 PM

matt0611
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
What right do they have?

Well they are the house of representatives...

georgiaboy
10-02-2013, 02:42 PM
The gift that keeps on giving. Tickles me every time I think about it.

Brian4Liberty
10-02-2013, 03:17 PM

brushfire
10-02-2013, 03:28 PM
LOL!!! I still cant stand her, but that was pretty good - I must say.

Natural Citizen
10-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Last I heard about this woman she was actively attacking Ron Pauls credibility and trying to make him look foolish. Now we all of a sudden support her?

As I said elsewhere, these people are actors. All of them. Big old freak show. And the people just can't seem to get enough of it. Just eat it up like candy.

JJ2
10-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Haha, who would have thought last year that we would all be loving Dana Bash? Lol.

The Republicans better jump on this and run with it the way the Dems would if a Republican had said it!

brushfire
10-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Haha, who would have thought last year that we would all be loving Dana Bash? Lol.

The Republicans better jump on this and run with it the way the Dems would if a Republican had said it!

I still cant stand her... She should be saddled and kept in a stall...

Still, I dislike Reid more, and I enjoy seeing him squirm.

Peace&Freedom
10-02-2013, 04:26 PM

I think the Republicans actually are running with it. The strategy of controlling the purse, specifically on Obamacare, is actually constitution-driven, it's drawing renewed attention to a ridiculous bill that's unpopular, and it's setting up for an actual victory.

If the liberty and tea party GOP reps keep the pressure on for two weeks, they can deliver the 1-2 punch: NO debt ceiling increase, AND no funding of Obamacare in the new budget. Or, less principled, set conditions such as "unless real, immediate spending cuts happen" or "permanent provisions allowing people to easily opt out of the health care law." Despite a zillion pundits screaming otherwise, the House Republicans are holding the cards right now.