PDA

View Full Version : Full Page Ron Paul Ad

vinwal
11-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone, where I live in southern New Jersey the largest circulating newspaper is The Atlantic City Press. They have a circulation of aprox. 250,000. I contacted them to get a rate quote for a full page ad and I was told $7,750.00. I am hoping to have this ad run by 12/13 or 12/14. I will be using the same ad as The USA Today ad. Hopefully it will generate alot more donations for the Tea Party. Thanx in advance for your help.
http://fullpageronpaulad.chipin.com/mypages/view/id/b4e2b48728d76592

apc3161
11-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Ehhh, you haven't really been here for a long time. I'm not saying I dont trust you, but you can't just come on a site, have 11 posts, and then ask for almost $8,000. How do we know we can trust you? Although I would still guess your intentions are good.

vinwal
11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Well I don't blame your skepticism, I am not much of a poster but I have been following for quite some time. Here is a great tool for looking up anybody to see who they have donated to.
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors.php?type=loc&addr=&zip=08326&search=Search
My name is Vince Walters, I have maxed both mine and my fiance's donations. I have pledged $500 to the Blimp. I donated $250.00 to the Ron Paul Re'Van'Lution along with a few chipins to various other efforts. I really think this full page ad in The Atlantic City Press will be very productive.

vinwal
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I bought 15,000 slimjims that I put on windshield every time I go to the store or any where with large parking lots. I am part of the Cumberland County, NJ Meetup.

steph3n
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Just a note, for over $1,000 you need a PAC :(

vinwal
11-28-2007, 05:52 PM
DAMN :( I hate to sound stupid but, how do you go about starting a PAC?

speciallyblend
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
contact lord xar

vinwal
11-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Nevermind I found the Info. :p

Dave Wood
11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I bought 15,000 slimjims that I put on windshield every time I go to the store or any where with large parking lots. I am part of the Cumberland County, NJ Meetup.

Its interesting Vince, You might want consider setting up a chippin for that kind of cash.

Also, tonight is probably your poorest chance for attention regarding this ad because of the debate. Offer some more specifics and inquire in to a chippin and post something tomorrow after the hype has died down a little.

You also might want to contact member Llepard or lordxar who have been through this before to make it easier....just find one of their posts or threads and pm them.

Tonight is really not the best shot for highlighting your project.....from past experience :)

Mark
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM

This is a start:

Starting and Building a PAC ~~ PAC Workshop

http://www.thecapitol.net/PublicPrograms/pacworkshop.html

Or, to simplify things,

just donate enough money to my Church's efforts to inform voters about their choices this election,

and we can sponsor the ad with no need for a PAC.

http://toomchurch.chipin.com/please-help-our-church

me3
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
bump

JenaS62
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM

Hello there!

Although I currently live in Florida - both my husband and I are from Cumberland County. I was born and raised in Bridgeton NJ and my husband was born and raised in Millville. Small world.

max
11-28-2007, 06:04 PM
run it in NH or Iowa....

be stratgeic

kylejack
11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Marc, if your church runs that ad, it might lose tax exempt status.

scrosnoe
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
i'm just guessin' his church doesn't have tax exempt status and is truly a church not a branch of the state . . . FWIW:rolleyes:

vinwal
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Does anybody know if Ronpaul2008.com noticed a significant jump in page hits after the USA Today ad ran?

Mark
11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Marc, if your church runs that ad, it might lose tax exempt status.

We were smart enough 9 years ago not to apply for 501(c)3 status.

The Federal Government has no say in what we do.

Just like any Church/Charity, we can accept donations supporting our efforts,
the Fed Gov just doesn't let the donations be deducted from taxes
because 'we don't play their game, by their rules'.

We're recognized as a Tax-Exempt Entity by The North Carolina Dept of Revenue,

(I have the letter from them to prove it)

But, that doesn't restrict us from informing voters about their choices.

And we will, on as large a scale as people help us to do, with their contributions,

which have no limits on amount, by the way.

Mark
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
i'm just guessin' his church doesn't have tax exempt status and is truly a church not a branch of the state . . . FWIW:rolleyes:

QFT Friend, Quoted For Truth

We serve God, not man.