PDA

View Full Version : Now That Government Is Shutdown, What's It Like Where You Live? Share Your Horror Stories.

James Madison
10-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Just looked out the window. Roads are totally gone.

Also getting reports that Bald Eagles are now extinct.

oyarde
10-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Eagles are not very tasty .You must marinade overnite after soaking in fresh water, med. rare over an open fire....Panda is better , lol

MRK
10-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Heard in a cafe today that millions have already perished from lack of enforcement against selling raw milk. And that's only one of the travesties I overheard!

GregSarnowski
10-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Just went outside. No sunlight anywhere. Damn rethuglicans.

aGameOfThrones
10-01-2013, 01:42 AM
My republican neighbor started to eat little children.

devil21
10-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Gun crime has gone up 11,345,294%!!!!! All of my neighbors walked outside at 12am and shot each other!

We lost count of the increase in heroin usage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EupRuxwuMLE

---------------

In the vein of Chappelle's hilarious "Reparations" skit, someone should do a parody newscast of all the horrible things that have happened due to the gov't shutdown.

osan
10-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Just looked out the window. Roads are totally gone.

Also getting reports that Bald Eagles are now extinct.

Who cares about any of that?

My penis just fell off.

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
I've currently barricaded my home. I have 300 rabid welfare patrons banging on my door demanding I give them free food.

jjdoyle
10-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Just checked. Confirmed STOP signs are non-functional for the general mundanes. Wal-Mart employees seem to be affected by this shutdown majorly as well, as they are pretty much no help, despite what their shirts say.

PatriotOne
10-01-2013, 07:30 AM
It's 6:29a here and the sun hasn't risen yet :eek:.

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-01-2013, 07:32 AM
It's 6:29a here and the sun hasn't risen yet :eek:.

the sun is here, nice and bright, or maybe it's the flash before a mushroom cloud O_O

EBounding
10-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Well the roads and bridges are crumbling. There are many fires and gun violence and drugs are rampant.

Oh wait, I'm just on the East Side of Detroit.

shane77m
10-01-2013, 07:40 AM
I am at work. I had to hike 30 miles because the roads had deteriorated. I also had to swim a river because the bridge crumbled. At least I can roll a fatty without being harassed by the feds.

Origanalist
10-01-2013, 07:46 AM
My waters gone. The toilet won't flush and we can't bathe. My lips are stuck together, can't hold out much longer....................

shane77m
10-01-2013, 07:47 AM

UtahApocalypse
10-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Tornados like crazy without the NWS to control the weather.

fr33
10-01-2013, 07:59 AM
We may have to eat the dog when these MRE's run out.

Origanalist
10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
We may have to eat the dog when these MRE's run out.

All we have is the cat....:( we may to eat the grandkids.

better-dead-than-fed
10-01-2013, 08:05 AM
it's like

http://www.allsparkfireworks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/firework-pic.jpeg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/--OJwDgal6lY/Uio-X0CNBDI/AAAAAAAAgR4/2UzwLPgOT8I/s1600/nature_clouds_heaven_019281_.jpeg

http://paulmadson.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/picture-for-heaven-blog-post.jpg

http://www.egifts2u.com/images/Halloween%20Costumes%20for%20women1_01.jpg

http://budfreely.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/purple_kush-1.jpg

Scrapmo
10-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Gravity has stopped working where I am at. From my ceiling, I can see my neighbor clinging to the grass so he doesn't float off to obilvion. At least this is better than the zombie uprising taking place one parish over.

Matt Collins
10-01-2013, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xeHPdm7e-Y

PatriotOne
10-01-2013, 08:13 AM
the sun is here, nice and bright, or maybe it's the flash before a mushroom cloud O_O

False alarm. The sun came up on the west coast. Thank god because we can now easily walk/drive around all the dead bodies littering the streets.

pcosmar
10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
The sun is shining,, looks like a nice day.

No government visible locally,, for the moment. :)

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Can I come out of the bomb shelter yet? Seems quite out there. Might be the calm before the storm though. Best to remain safe.

DGambler
10-01-2013, 08:17 AM
I've been doing this all morning

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/502/snrmaajt.gif

kathy88
10-01-2013, 08:18 AM
A friend of mine posted this on FB:

Today I am writing to you from deep inside the limestone bunker I excavated in the side of Bloss Mountain, safe from the chaos that has crippled our country due to the government shutdown perpetrated by the evil Tea Party.

I have a generator, 50 gallons of gasoline, and enough canned goods to last about six months. Inexplicably, my satellite internet still works. I suppose it's only a matter of time until the HughesNet satellite crashes into the Indian Ocean or into some poor, helpless village in a desert somewhere. Thanks to the Tea Party.

I am not looking forward to winter or the migration to Sarasota on horseback, especially with the roving bands of lawless marauders terrorizing I-95. But I know I cannot live in my cave all winter long. I know I will need the citrus of Florida to ward off scurvy. Damn Tea Party.

Presently, I am armed and constantly vigilant against looters and highwaymen who will try and steal my canned peas that I was able to secure from Walmart prior to the apocalypse. Cursed Tea Party!

This afternoon I will venture out in search of some squirrels so that I might have a ready source of protein and a new fur coat. What I cannot eat I will smoke and make delicious squirrel jerky. If I am lucky I will harvest a raccoon and make a stylish hat.

I'm not sure if anyone is reading this post, as I am confident the electrical grid has failed, and that most of you are in hiding. Stay there. Don't venture out into the light. There is only evil, despair, and starvation run amok. Nothing can save us from the wicked wiles of the Tea Party.

Someday, perhaps in a few weeks, or a few months, the benevolent and all-powerful government will rescue us from our plight. We will soon return to the days of having our food, housing, cable TV, cell phones, and healthcare provided by the glorious Liberals and their kind, loving, enlightened supporters. Have faith. But not in God, as He has no place in public life.

For now, I will make due, in my Amish-built, hand-crafted bunker. I will fire up my DeWalt generator, microwave some of Swanson's finest, and watch reruns of the Kardashians on my 60 inch flat screen until the government saves me.

Fare well, my friends. And Godspeed. I hope to see you all when this holocaust is over, and the government is once again running on all seven cylinders.

Cleaner44
10-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I heard that most of my neighbors all caught the addiction to the pot. They are probably all covered in sores with their teeth falling out. I am staying indoors with my lantern.

mosquitobite
10-01-2013, 08:28 AM
A friend of mine posted this on FB:

Today I am writing to you from deep inside the limestone bunker I excavated in the side of Bloss Mountain, safe from the chaos that has crippled our country due to the government shutdown perpetrated by the evil Tea Party.

I have a generator, 50 gallons of gasoline, and enough canned goods to last about six months. Inexplicably, my satellite internet still works. I suppose it's only a matter of time until the HughesNet satellite crashes into the Indian Ocean or into some poor, helpless village in a desert somewhere. Thanks to the Tea Party.

I am not looking forward to winter or the migration to Sarasota on horseback, especially with the roving bands of lawless marauders terrorizing I-95. But I know I cannot live in my cave all winter long. I know I will need the citrus of Florida to ward off scurvy. Damn Tea Party.

Presently, I am armed and constantly vigilant against looters and highwaymen who will try and steal my canned peas that I was able to secure from Walmart prior to the apocalypse. Cursed Tea Party!

This afternoon I will venture out in search of some squirrels so that I might have a ready source of protein and a new fur coat. What I cannot eat I will smoke and make delicious squirrel jerky. If I am lucky I will harvest a raccoon and make a stylish hat.

I'm not sure if anyone is reading this post, as I am confident the electrical grid has failed, and that most of you are in hiding. Stay there. Don't venture out into the light. There is only evil, despair, and starvation run amok. Nothing can save us from the wicked wiles of the Tea Party.

Someday, perhaps in a few weeks, or a few months, the benevolent and all-powerful government will rescue us from our plight. We will soon return to the days of having our food, housing, cable TV, cell phones, and healthcare provided by the glorious Liberals and their kind, loving, enlightened supporters. Have faith. But not in God, as He has no place in public life.

For now, I will make due, in my Amish-built, hand-crafted bunker. I will fire up my DeWalt generator, microwave some of Swanson's finest, and watch reruns of the Kardashians on my 60 inch flat screen until the government saves me.

Fare well, my friends. And Godspeed. I hope to see you all when this holocaust is over, and the government is once again running on all seven cylinders.

So totally stealing that...

brushfire
10-01-2013, 08:28 AM
I looked outside... Its somewhere between "war of the worlds" and "mars attacks"... I'm not very optimistic that anything of substance will play out though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSbigjiKLoU

tangent4ronpaul
10-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Looking for the snow shovel so I can shovel a path to and unbury the car. Who would have thought that dead birds, locusts and toads weighed so much...

Was up at a local eatery/breakfast spot earlier. The number of people talking about the gvmt shutdown/obamacare? ZERO! Road crews are working, though... No one cares. No one has noticed any impact on their lives.

-t

Republicanguy
10-01-2013, 08:30 AM
The National Aeronautics space Administration's website is down!

kathy88
10-01-2013, 08:31 AM

If you're on FB give him a like:

https://www.facebook.com/PaulWatkinsForSheriff

our primary is over but he's still using the page to stir up shit which I love

kcchiefs6465
10-01-2013, 08:31 AM
I hope JCDenton is doing okay where he lives. From what it sounded like, they were going to get hit the worst.

tod evans
10-01-2013, 08:32 AM
The National Aeronautics space Administration's website is down!

Oh no!

Republicanguy
10-01-2013, 08:35 AM
^ Well I hope the Astronauts aboard the station will be fine, most of the employees at NASA are on unpaid leave, so there is a skeleton team left behind. They should be fine. The Mars JPL is working okay for Curiosity Rover on Mars. Even though I'm not in anyway connected with America, that annoyed me a little to see this agency affected this way. I know Barack is to some extent out of line with the economical reality of the debt crisis, but his opposition isn't very good.

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 08:38 AM
I had to creep past some children and their lemonade stands. Now that there is no enforcement of rule of law they are opening in droves. Be safe everyone. Be safe.

mosquitobite
10-01-2013, 08:38 AM
I hope JCDenton is doing okay where he lives. From what it sounded like, they were going to get hit the worst.

This, literally, made me burst out loud laughing. Kudos sir!

shane77m
10-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I walked outside this morning and hemp plants had grown up in my garden over night. Gonna make me some rope when I get home from work.

tangent4ronpaul
10-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Ditto!

-t

Antischism
10-01-2013, 08:47 AM
The same, because government isn't actually shut down and my taxes are still paying their salaries.

r123
10-01-2013, 08:53 AM
The stroke of midnight has just passed and the US government has turned into a pumpkin. Well, we wish. In fact the US government like some eternal zombie continues to walk the Earth even without the souls of taxpayers upon which to feast. And, even that isn't totally true. Like any zombie it still collects the blood of its victims (taxes) even while most of its zombie army (federal government employees) sit at home on a paid vacation... and most of their oppressive "services" continue on, like the CIA, NSA, ATF, DEA, Executive branch, police and more.
But just for our pleasure, let's imagine that all government in the US really shut down... which it will in the coming years as the US dollar collapses.
Here, then, is our top 10 list of ways a theoretical shutdown of the US government would affect you in that event... and we include a few ways the current pseudo-shutdown will also affect you (hint: it's better): http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/10/1/the-top-10-ways-the-us-government-shutdown-will-affect-you-t.html

tangent4ronpaul
10-01-2013, 09:03 AM
It's humorous in a sick sort of way how the gvmt is shutting down. Bunch of web sites are down. It takes effort to shut down a UNIX server. They generally need a reboot every year or two...

And the public land is closed to the public - you know, the people that own it? And why do we need feds there in order to access/use it in the first place? And if you trespassed onto your land, who would be there to arrest you or scare you off?

-t

Root
10-01-2013, 09:04 AM
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/images/smilies/51.gif

tod evans
10-01-2013, 09:06 AM
And the public land is closed to the public - you know, the people that own it? And why do we need feds there in order to access/use it in the first place? And if you trespassed onto your land, who would be there to arrest you or scare you off?

-t

Ummm,

Who is collecting a government check to enforce this edict?

Smoke-n-mirrors!

ctiger2
10-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Pollution everywhere. My yards on fire.

juleswin
10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Pandemic of food poisoning in the local area. Turns out restaurants will serve contaminated food if not for the FDA. Parents were seen sending their children to labour camps because they can now get away with child labour. This is seriously getting way out of control, the rethuglicans have to do whatever the democrats wants and save the country

TruckinMike
10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
I caught a racing pigeon. It was thirsty and hungry. So I fed it without a permit.:)

tod evans
10-01-2013, 09:29 AM
I caught a racing pigeon. It was thirsty and hungry. So I fed it without a permit.:)

Drones enroute.....

"That" part still functions....

kathy88
10-01-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm going to steal some of this and make a post on FB so my liberal "friends" heads will explode.

Original_Intent
10-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Dogs and cats living together. No roads.

tod evans
10-01-2013, 09:31 AM
liberal "friends"

??????????

tangent4ronpaul
10-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Ummm,

Who is collecting a government check to enforce this edict?

Smoke-n-mirrors!

That does it! - SCATEBOARD PARTY AT THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL! :D

-t

CTRattlesnake
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I woke up this morning and it smelt like freedom

#KILLTHEBEAST

thoughtomator
10-01-2013, 09:39 AM
It's terrible in the DC area - government zombies roaming the streets, asking people to fill out paperwork... but the paperwork never ends!

JK/SEA
10-01-2013, 09:42 AM
cops are handing out tickets at grocery stores and at intersections. I asked why and got a ticket. They said it was for the children, because of budget cuts, they will starve to death now, and something must be done.

CTRattlesnake
10-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Its also party cloudy today when I was promised fully sunny skies for over a week.

stupid congress

kathy88
10-01-2013, 09:48 AM
I just saw John Boehner panhandling for loose change. Time to hit the cave.

sam1952
10-01-2013, 09:51 AM
OMG!!! Everybody is doing Heroin!!!

PatriotOne
10-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Just got back from running an errand. There were NO, I repeat NO, perfectly good roads being torn up and paved again. I almost got lost because I didn't have any detour signs to follow :eek:.

Root
10-01-2013, 10:12 AM
I think it's getting worse around here. First of all, I think my lawn has stopped growing. Then on the way home from the store, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac. I didn't look back.

Matt Collins
10-01-2013, 10:15 AM
OMG!!! Everybody is doing Heroin!!!

I'm not. The law says I'm not allowed to, so I don't.

surf
10-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Just went outside. No sunlight anywhere. Damn rethuglicans.
same here. but I live in Seattle so I didn't see the correlation until you mentioned it.

Danke
10-01-2013, 10:29 AM
I can't get the Internet.

angelatc
10-01-2013, 10:31 AM
I am staying in my basement, just to be safe.

Icymudpuppy
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I saw a whole battalion of Al-Qaeda terrorists marching down the street forcing everyone to convert to Islam and passing out Burkhas to the women!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
All the terrorists have been let loose and they are milling about in my yard asking for donations.... Will someone please get the government going again so these congressmen can go back where they came from?

kathy88
10-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I saw a whole battalion of Al-Qaeda terrorists marching down the street forcing everyone to convert to Islam and passing out Burkhas to the women!

This looks oddly familiar....

Icymudpuppy
Oh, yeah, and they were confiscating all the bacon and burning it in a bonfire! It was horrific!

CTRattlesnake
Stock market crashing as we speak, economic doom impending!

Oh wait...

JK/SEA
10-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I can't get the Internet.

http://www.algore.com/

shane77m
10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.lamag.com/Pics/Archive/LA_Mag/laToZ/RIPMain.jpg?n=7728

RabbitMan
10-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I just read that someone's brother who was awaiting surgery for a knee problem at the VA had his case post-poned/canceled on account of the shutdown. That kind of sucks.

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2013, 11:12 AM
OMG! The weather! It's clear, mild, and there's no wind! Someone put all of those blowhards back to work before the climate changes!

TruckinMike
10-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Just got back from running an errand. There were NO, I repeat NO, perfectly good roads being torn up and paved again. I almost got lost because I didn't have any detour signs to follow :eek:.

Funny you say that. The State road that runs in front of my house WAS smooth, quiet, and nice to drive on...that is until the STATE dot re-pavers came through with a road eating machine. They chewed up the top 1 inch, then they poured tar, followed by a light pouring of road gravel. The once smooth and quiet road in front of my house is so loud that now you can hear cars coming 2 miles down the road. I was pissed when I saw the machine, I knew what was in store.

FloralScent
10-01-2013, 11:18 AM
The same, because government isn't actually shut down and my taxes are still paying their salaries.

You have a job? :eek:

fatjohn
10-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Ok, I'm from Europe. Over here everything is fairly ok.
But I have to ask, are you guys for real?
This seems very unpleasant. I'll have you in my prayers.

Also, I'll leave this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-kItYBa_iU

malkusm
10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
I was four hours late for work this morning. My alarm clock froze at midnight because the government was not around to maintain Daylight Savings Time.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I was four hours late for work this morning. My alarm clock froze at midnight because the government was not around to maintain Daylight Savings Time.

Matt, can you confirm if the Statue Of Liberty is still standing? In every movie dealing with Armageddon it seems the SOL always buys the farm.

Athan
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I think I saw zombies come out of the cemetary. Mysteriously they just started to party though.

malkusm
10-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Matt, can you confirm if the Statue Of Liberty is still standing? In every movie dealing with Armageddon it seems the SOL always buys the farm.

Have not been within sight of the Statue; I can report, however, that the bull statue on Wall Street has fallen over onto its side.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Have not been within sight of the Statue; I can report, however, that the bull statue on Wall Street has fallen over onto its side.

Oh God.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tod evans
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM

http://www.woostercollective.com/Dead_Bull.jpg

malkusm
10-01-2013, 11:48 AM

My theory: The bull was oriented to economic gravity with the pull of corporatism, K street lobbying, and insiders-turned-regulators. No word on how long it will take the bull to reacquaint itself to life without these elements.

matt0611
10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
The sun seems brighter here, beautiful day.

amy31416
10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Pffffft. I'm on my way to NYC with a truck full of guns, big gulps and out-of-state cigarettes.

Cash sales only. NO TAX!

malkusm
10-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Pffffft. I'm on my way to NYC with a truck full of guns, big gulps and out-of-state cigarettes.

Cash sales only. NO TAX!

Careful now. Word has it that Mayor Bloomberg has taken to personally patrolling the streets without a shirt on, "for the children".

oyarde
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I've currently barricaded my home. I have 300 rabid welfare patrons banging on my door demanding I give them free food.

Never surrender.

malkusm
10-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Please provide your current location so I can alert my friends that Congress is on the loose.

youngbuck
10-01-2013, 11:56 AM
My coffee maker stopped working. I think the electricity to my house is now too "dirty" w/out gov't oversight for even basic devices to operate. Once my laptop's battery power depletes, this may be farewell forever. Hold strong brothers and sisters, lest evil prevail.

malkusm
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM
My coffee maker stopped working. I think the electricity to my house is now too "dirty" w/out gov't oversight for even basic devices to operate. Once my laptop's battery power depletes, this may be farewell forever. Hold strong brothers and sisters, lest evil prevail.

Stay strong friend. If we all just think compulsory thoughts, the government we know and love will be back with us before we know it.

oyarde
10-01-2013, 12:00 PM
My republican neighbor started to eat little children.

Did they use duck sauce ?

James Madison
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Did they use duck sauce ?

No government to regulate offensive hate speach, I see. :p

amy31416
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Careful now. Word has it that Mayor Bloomberg has taken to personally patrolling the streets without a shirt on, "for the children".

Vladimir Putin wannabe. Bloomberg would go full-on Woody Allen if someone threatened him with a spoon.

Icymudpuppy
10-01-2013, 12:05 PM
The Confederacy broke off again, and reinstituted slavery!

Acala
10-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Scientific knowledge has vanished. And I have turned into a newt.

tod evans
10-01-2013, 12:08 PM
The Confederacy broke off again, and reinstituted slavery!

I'm Dawn Sawth, is it permissible to put government workers to work now?

They've languished on the publics tit for years so I suppose expecting restitution is logical...

Carson
10-01-2013, 12:12 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/Judgementdaywasyesterday.jpg

James Madison
10-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Scientific knowledge has vanished. And I have turned into a newt.

Did you get better?

shane77m
10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Did you get better?

As long as he doesn't way the same amount as a duck he should be ok.

AFPVet
10-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Trucks are still moving goods, farmers are still out doing their thing, and all of the utilities still work. Life without the federal government is horrific.

Acala
10-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Did you get better?

Not yet. Not until you selfish people realize that being broke is not a good reason to not spend more.

donnay
10-01-2013, 12:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOEq-ImGWJ0

tod evans
10-01-2013, 12:40 PM
When will the bureau of prisons release the hostages of the drug war?

nobody's_hero
10-01-2013, 12:41 PM
A local GA school had to pawn their electronic tablets purchased with Federal grant money and start using textbooks again.

Did you hear me? Books! It's like we've been thrown back into the Jurassic era.

tod evans
10-01-2013, 12:42 PM
A local GA school had to pawn their electronic tablets purchased with Federal grant money and start using books again.

My God!

Pencils too?

nobody's_hero
10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
My God!

Pencils too?

Worse. Remember the days when schoolhouses were one big room and each student had chalk and a personal blackboard because it was cheaper?

tod evans
10-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Worse. Remember the days when schoolhouses were one big room and each student had chalk and a personal blackboard because it was cheaper?

That sir, is older than I am:o

But I have read of such atrocities...

angelatc
10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
A local GA school had to pawn their electronic tablets purchased with Federal grant money and start using textbooks again.

Tablets are probably cheaper than books, actually.

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM

Dozens of little Quint's? Now that is scary!

http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Screen-shot-2011-08-01-at-5.01.29-PM.png

Carson
10-01-2013, 12:53 PM
It's humorous in a sick sort of way how the gvmt is shutting down. Bunch of web sites are down. It takes effort to shut down a UNIX server. They generally need a reboot every year or two...

-t

I'm not so sure we do still own it.

We are increasingly expected to pay rent to access land that was once ours. Places we used to freely park are being lawed off and we are being herded into paid stalls miles from our intended destinations.

I don't think people have grasp just how much counterfeiting has been going on. They don't add to the pile of stuff we have, they just shift to borders of the stuff that exist over to their side of the property line.

Carson
10-01-2013, 01:01 PM
My God!

Pencils too?

Yeah. We had the pencils. The rich even had pens.

Then Bic came along and gave the common man a pen. I'm thinking it was 14¢.

Matt Collins
10-01-2013, 01:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ll7YzrGbM4

AFPVet
10-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Tablets are probably cheaper than books, actually.

They are in the long run because you can just download the ebook for a fraction of the price. There is a higher initial cost, but it is negated by the ebook downloads.

heavenlyboy34
10-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah. We had the pencils. The rich even had pens.

Then Bic came along and gave the common man a pen. I'm thinking it was 14¢.
I remember when mechanical pencils became available to the Everyman. Revolution in writing. :cool:

shane77m
10-01-2013, 02:17 PM
I just heard that the feds are repossessing all of the digital tv converter boxes they subsidized. If you own one expect to get a knock on your door followed by a flash bang through the window. It would be a good time to hide your dogs.

KEEF
10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
It is reminiscent of December 31st, 1999... I remember it well drinking at the bar with that stupid song by Prince blasting in the background and waiting for the world to explode because of the threat of Y2K... then January 1st, 2000 came; life was good except I had one hell of a hang over.

This morning, I checked the news, was pleased that the government shut down, laughed, and then went on working. Dear MSM hacks writing the naratives, the government shut down, the sky did not fall, we are all doing just fine...Told you so!

DamianTV
10-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Eagles are not very tasty .You must marinade overnite after soaking in fresh water, med. rare over an open fire....Panda is better , lol

Aw, I love Pandas! They're Delicious!

Natural Citizen
10-01-2013, 04:23 PM
I had a good sized swarm of honey bees today out back all over the fall blossoms. Was the first time I've seen any all year. Was glad to see them finally. Nice day, today.

DamianTV
10-01-2013, 05:09 PM
If the Shutdown prevents any sort of NSA Spying on me, it put me at a higher risk of being the target of a Terrorizer Attack! Oh the horror! Oh the horror! I want my NSA Security Blankey!

/sarcasm

Uriah
10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Decided to take a look at the healthcare.gov website:

Health Insurance Marketplace: Please wait

We have a lot of visitors on our site right now and we're working to make your experience here better. Please wait here until we send you to the login page. Thanks for your patience!

Already putting us in wait lines I see.

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Bears. Bears everywhere........

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/996605_10151774212057740_1679727857_n.jpg

ClydeCoulter
10-01-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm relieved. I checked the garden this afternoon and it is still growing. :)

I hope those bears don't stomp it all down, @phill4paul, there's lot of DNR land around here.

Grubb556
10-01-2013, 06:54 PM
I ate a nice steak sub today.

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm relieved. I checked the garden this afternoon and it is still growing. :)

I hope those bears don't stomp it all down, @phill4paul, there's lot of DNR land around here.

Bear balls with Raspbeary, nyukk, nyukk...

http://www.northwestgamerecipes.com/id142.htm

brushfire
10-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh the horror indeed. Bridges and major roadways are crumbling away... Structures collapsing, killing people below!

Oh wait.. that was happening before the shutdown...

MRK
10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Oh the horror indeed. Bridges and major roadways are crumbling away... Structures collapsing, killing people below!

Oh wait.. that was happening before the shutdown...

The brushfires of freedom are burning! You cannot put out, these, brushfires.

pathtofreedom
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
But who will steal from poor people to give to rich people? Who will spy on you and send swat teams to your doors?

ClydeCoulter
10-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Bear balls with Raspbeary, nyukk, nyukk...

http://www.northwestgamerecipes.com/id142.htm

I'm gonna need a bigger gun :D

Koz
10-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Seemed like there was a lot less traffic today. I just felt a little spring in my step knowing that the fed govt. was closed for business on this day.

Origanalist
10-01-2013, 09:35 PM

Me too.

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 10:29 PM
https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1383816_658393314179499_1451603027_n.jpg

seapilot
10-01-2013, 10:47 PM
I know one person that was furloughed. They look at it like its a vacation. Instead of going into work and doing nothing they stay at home doing nothing. They probably wont sweat it unless it goes for over a month. The reality is the people most directly affected from this are going to be the furloughed. Wonder if most .gov non essential employees have more than a month of savings to live off of in these dire circumstances. If not things could get interesting.

Danke
10-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I am staying in my basement, just to be safe.

What are you wearing?

DamianTV
10-02-2013, 01:39 AM
What are you wearing?

Laderhosen, Flip Flops and a Beer Dispensing Helmet! :p

---

Are Food Stamps affected by this? If govt freebies like Welfare / Food Stams are affected, that is usually the time that people start to Riot.

smhbbag
10-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Here is my horror story:

My wife works a very boring job with a very boring contractor for the feds. Nothing sexy or evil like Defense, Homeland, etc.

She is 9 months pregnant. Paid maternity leave (6 weeks) is part of her short-term disability benefits. While the government is shut down, she not only gets no pay, but she will not receive paid maternity leave.

That means we might be 2 months or more without her income, depending on when she gives birth and how long the shutdown lasts. The shutdown could last two weeks, and we'd have no income from her for 2 months. We have a 6 month emergency fund and no debt. Thankfully, my whole family is on my private sector insurance, so no problem there.

So, we will likely lose about $6-10k from the shut down. We have that money, because we've worked hard, paid off debts, and saved well on our roughly median American household income. Many others don't have it.

There will be businesses in my area that permanently close their doors because of this, if it lasts a month. A month with no income is a lot for many small businesses to handle. You can't serve lunch in the business district to scientists and techies that aren't working. That means local families and owners having their entire lives changed. I do think people are far too sarcastic about the shut down not being a big deal.

Medical prices were absurd before Obamacare and were getting more absurd by the day. Obamacare makes that worse, but not by a whole lot. And 98% of the Republicans that are blocking it don't have a real solution. This is pain for very little benefit, if any.

The trends toward part-time jobs, more expensive health care, doctor shortages, etc. all predate this stupid law. Get rid of it (especially this way) and nothing meaningful will change.

devil21
10-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Here is my horror story:

My wife works a very boring job with a very boring contractor for the feds. Nothing sexy or evil like Defense, Homeland, etc.

She is 9 months pregnant. Paid maternity leave (6 weeks) is part of her short-term disability benefits. While the government is shut down, she not only gets no pay, but she will not receive paid maternity leave.

That means we might be 2 months or more without her income, depending on when she gives birth and how long the shutdown lasts. The shutdown could last two weeks, and we'd have no income from her for 2 months. We have a 6 month emergency fund and no debt. Thankfully, my whole family is on my private sector insurance, so no problem there.

So, we will likely lose about $6-10k from the shut down. We have that money, because we've worked hard, paid off debts, and saved well on our roughly median American household income. Many others don't have it.

There will be businesses in my area that permanently close their doors because of this, if it lasts a month. A month with no income is a lot for many small businesses to handle. You can't serve lunch in the business district to scientists and techies that aren't working. That means local families and owners having their entire lives changed. I do think people are far too sarcastic about the shut down not being a big deal.

Medical prices were absurd before Obamacare and were getting more absurd by the day. Obamacare makes that worse, but not by a whole lot. And 98% of the Republicans that are blocking it don't have a real solution. This is pain for very little benefit, if any.

The trends toward part-time jobs, more expensive health care, doctor shortages, etc. all predate this stupid law. Get rid of it (especially this way) and nothing meaningful will change.

First, I have a problem with you asserting that you're "losing money" by not being given money that other people earned, that you only received because it was taken by force. You even admit that your wife's job is a joke. Having said that, second, Uncle Sugar can't last forever and you should have seen this coming if you've been an RPF member since 2007. You have a savings for this reason. No, you are not immune to the sugar going away. Harsh but true, sorry.

smhbbag
10-02-2013, 04:31 AM
First, I have a problem with you asserting that you're "losing money" by not being given money that other people earned, that you only received because it was taken by force. You even admit that your wife's job is a joke. Having said that, second, Uncle Sugar can't last forever and you should have seen this coming if you've been an RPF member since 2007. You have a savings for this reason. No, you are not immune to the sugar going away. Harsh but true, sorry.

She hasn't been given anything. She has earned it. You believe she is earning money that was stolen at one point (I don't - taxes are not theft), but under no conditions could it be considered as "given" to her.

I didn't say her job was a joke. It is actually important. But it is boring, which is what I said.

MelissaWV
10-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Here is my horror story:

And there are businesses in my line of work that have been laying off people and are inching closer and closer to shutting their doors due to sequestration and ObamaCare effects. The difference is that Congress isn't going to pass a budget and fix either of those things. Quite the opposite. Things are likely to get far more lean, and you can't get ahold of anyone on the phone to assist with Medicare or Medicaid claims.

There is an undeniable economic impact --- more in some places than others --- but Government has largely been insulated from previous economic problems. Read the forums, and you see oodles of people out of work, looking for better work, overworked, etc.. Your wife isn't getting paid maternity leave. When the budget is passed, back pay will handle most things like that. There is a universe of difference.

Incidentally, I'm not sure why she would not be paid for maternity leave. You said that her leave was part of her short-term disability benefits. You do realize that's an insurance policy, and not salary doled out by the company? You're not being screwed by Congress. You're being screwed by her HR department. Consider contacting the insurance company directly to file a claim with them under these circumstances.

smhbbag
10-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Incidentally, I'm not sure why she would not be paid for maternity leave. You said that her leave was part of her short-term disability benefits. You do realize that's an insurance policy, and not salary doled out by the company? You're not being screwed by Congress. You're being screwed by her HR department. Consider contacting the insurance company directly to file a claim with them under these circumstances.

It's an insurance policy connected to your employment, paid through your paycheck. If you're not employed, you don't get that insurance. Any life insurance, long-term disability, etc. through the company also disappears through the shutdown and her layoff.

MelissaWV
10-02-2013, 04:48 AM
It's an insurance policy connected to your employment, paid through your paycheck. If you're not employed, you don't get that insurance. Any life insurance, long-term disability, etc. through the company also disappears through the shutdown and her layoff.

Weird. You guys are getting shafted. If our HR department is out of commission I can file a claim directly with proof of employment and physician notes regarding my current condition. If your company runs like you say, then I'd be more concerned about her not having health insurance (I doubt that's the case, but if you are adamant about not having any coverage just because HR is closed...).

shane77m
10-02-2013, 05:01 AM
I still have rations, ammo, and toilet paper. I am afraid that my supply of TP might be exhausted if this shutdown continues for another month. That is the one thing I didn't fully stock. I may have to venture out into the hordes of roving bandits to try and retrieve more.

Mani
10-02-2013, 05:24 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG! It happened!!!

http://thehairpin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Screen-shot-2013-10-01-at-8.25.18-AM.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xIyn7sDJkz4/UIRpk9DQByI/AAAAAAAAA0U/gZ0QwS2qajg/s1600/obi-wan-the-chosen-one-meme-generator-noooo-8c897d.jpg

That's it. I can't take it anymore.

http://web-images.chacha.com/images/Gallery/2370/what-are-some-weird-state-laws-811588945-sep-20-2012-1-600x400.jpg

Root
10-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Day 2: I just woke up to the sounds of police (or maybe ambulance sirens) in the distance. Not a good sign. I think I will wait a while before venturing outside today. I just noticed leaves are falling from the trees. I'm worried.

tod evans
10-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Day 2: I just woke up to the sounds of police (or maybe ambulance sirens) in the distance. Not a good sign. I think I will wait a while before venturing outside today. I just noticed leaves are falling from the trees. I'm worried.

Do you think the leaves will be okay without the EPA and Forestry department running full steam?

Root
10-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Do you think the leaves will be okay without the EPA and Forestry department running full steam?
It doesn't look good. Poor leaves.

tod evans
10-02-2013, 06:01 AM

Let's start a government funded study group..

ClydeCoulter
10-02-2013, 06:11 AM

I know, right?

The leaves are turning colors, colors of fire and burning, and falling off the trees here by the tens of thousands. It won't be long, at this rate, and the trees will all be Naked!

KEEF
10-02-2013, 06:16 AM
I know, right?

The leaves are turning colors, colors of fire and burning, and falling off the trees here by the tens of thousands. It won't be long, at this rate, and the trees will all be Naked!
Damn, and I thought tequisous was government funded too.

Root
10-02-2013, 06:17 AM
We can't, man. They shut that down too. Ugh, depressing I know. How will we ever understand the eating habits of lesbians now without government studies?

I will consult the cannabis oracle this morning and see what she says to do in this situation.

shane77m
10-02-2013, 07:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BViThikCYAA79n8.png:large

tangent4ronpaul
10-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Here is my horror story:

Contact these reps and tell them what you told us:

http://www.patientsactionnetwork.com/physicians-of-the-112th-congress/

-t

opal
10-02-2013, 07:48 AM
much brilliance in this thread

on the home turf - middle of nowhere - no changes evident

out and about yesterday - military commissary having a get it while you can party - they closed at 7 last night - big run on half price produce - meat cases empty..deli vacant - lines reminiscent of the '70's gas lines from the *shortage*

after seeing the post about the VA postponing a surgery - I guess I need to find out if my cast actually comes off next week or the base hospital is down also..hmmmmm

FloralScent
10-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Here is my horror story:

What are you going to do when we're permanently free of Fed-Gov-Bloat? Why is it my responsibility to supplement your income?

klamath
10-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I still have rations, ammo, and toilet paper. I am afraid that mymight be exhausted if this shutdown continues for another month. That is the one thing I didn't fully stock. I may have to venture out into the hordes of roving bandits to try and retrieve more. No, problem, lots of Spanish moss in AL :)

klamath
10-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Here is my horror story:

The trends toward part-time jobs, more expensive health care, doctor shortages, etc. all predate this stupid law. Get rid of it (especially this way) and nothing meaningful will change.This right here is why you will never see a real reduction in government. You can rail about government and TPTB, the political parties all you want but this post right here explains why our government is the size and the way it is. I remember this well from the Reagan years yet Reagan got the blame for never carrying through.

shane77m
10-02-2013, 09:13 AM
No, problem, lots of Spanish moss in AL :)

Not in my part. I am too far north. The moss stops at about Montgomery. All the leaves are starting to turn brown around here. Guess I will just have to use one of the cats if we run out of TP.

georgiaboy
10-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Highways have been jammed with masses heading for the coastal towns.

800,000 beachfront hotel rooms have suddenly been reserved.

Other than that, lots more American flags being flown.

Occam's Banana
10-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Day 2: I just woke up to the sounds of police (or maybe ambulance sirens) in the distance. Not a good sign. I think I will wait a while before venturing outside today.

Very wise. Do NOT go out there - it's a trap!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcle-JgnFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRcle-JgnFA

phill4paul
10-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Day 2: I have run out of steak fillets, lettuce, feta cheese and mushrooms. I am going to attempt to skirt past the lemonade kids again. I have heard that there is an underground market that has spontaneously sprouted up in the downtown area. Farmers and ranchers have brought in their goods from the surrounding country side. From what I gather they are still trading in FRN's. Lord knows why. My guess is that they are running low on toilet paper out in the boonies. If you don't hear back from me keep yourself and those you care for safe.

shane77m
10-02-2013, 10:32 AM
I would use FRN's for TP but all I have is a debit card. That might get messy and or painful.

EBounding
10-02-2013, 11:05 AM
To be more serious, the most significant effect has been the TACOM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_TACOM_Life_Cycle_Management_Com mand) employees on furlough. I work in the same area so traffic has been much lighter.

FSP-Rebel
10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Gas is cheaper than it has been in quite a while.

phill4paul
10-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Day 2: UPDATE. I have successfully made it to the free-traders market and returned. Fortunately, all the items that I lacked were available. For how much longer I do not know.
Chillingly, the children and their lemonade stands were noticeably missing. From what information I have gathered from the free-traders it seems that the children have been placed in some kind of FEMA internment camp. Things have become so bad that parents have actually turned their children in instead of facing possible starvation!
I fear there is something dreadfully evil in this development. As I sped past one of these chainlink fenced enclosures I spied a sign out of the corner of my eye. It read "Elimintory." It doesn't take much imagination to put two and two together. Elimination/Crematory :eek: I fear dark days ahead.

Republicanguy
10-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Well the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's site won't be updated any time soon but their space missions are still going on I know it isn't on the mindsets of most here. Beyond foreign policy, this was another reason I took an interest in the gov shut down. How ever, the longer this continues my country will be affected soon as will others.

Occam's Banana
10-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Chillingly, the children and their lemonade stands were noticeably missing. From what information I have gathered from the free-traders it seems that the children have been placed in some kind of FEMA internment camp. Things have become so bad that parents have actually turned their children in instead of facing possible starvation!

Scary things are going on in my neighborhood as well. In the wake of the shutdown, numerous illegal and unregulated lemonade stands have sprung up. Little William Davis (aka "Billy the Sqeezer," aka Billy "Juice") from just down the street has set himself up as the local Lemonade Kingpin. He's ruthlessly and brutally eliminating the competition (via "drive-bys", ambushes at "sit downs," etc.) - all while the government stands by helplessly, unable to intercede to stop his reign of terror because of the shutdown.

Root
10-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I made it through day two. I noticed that its starting to get darker earlier, could be another sign of impending doom.

I am really worried about tomorrow. I have class, which means going to a college campus. I'm planning to wear one of my RP 2012 shirts, but I'm not sure if this is such a good idea.

This could get really dangerous if the shutdown extends into the weekend. My gosh...

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2013, 10:10 PM
I wish I could say such exciting things were happening here as among y'all. :(

phill4paul
10-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Scary things are going on in my neighborhood as well. In the wake of the shutdown, numerous illegal and unregulated lemonade stands have sprung up. Little William Davis (aka "Billy the Sqeezer," aka Billy "Juice") from just down the street has set himself up as the local Lemonade Kingpin. He's ruthlessly and brutally eliminating the competition (via "drive-bys", ambushes at "sit downs," etc.) - all while the government stands by helplessly, unable to intercede to stop his reign of terror because of the shutdown.

It's terrible and I can empathize. On day one I had to use the tumble weeds in N.C. to skirt their camp. I imagine it is a roll out and you won't have to deal with them tomorrow. Local petty tyrants are working their hoodoo-voodoo.

oyarde
10-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I still have rations, ammo, and toilet paper. I am afraid that my supply of TP might be exhausted if this shutdown continues for another month. That is the one thing I didn't fully stock. I may have to venture out into the hordes of roving bandits to try and retrieve more.

Toilet paper is a luxury , this makes you sound soft , man up , get some leaves out of the yard, :).Remember ,there are places in the world with no leaves , so you are more fortunate than they :)LOL

oyarde
10-02-2013, 11:20 PM

I have been @ $3.11 cash price this week .

oyarde
10-02-2013, 11:26 PM
I made it through day two. I noticed that its starting to get darker earlier, could be another sign of impending doom.

I am really worried about tomorrow. I have class, which means going to a college campus. I'm planning to wear one of my RP 2012 shirts, but I'm not sure if this is such a good idea.

This could get really dangerous if the shutdown extends into the weekend. My gosh...

Somewhere I have a muscle shirt with blood and barbwire pattern on it that says " No Future" , you could wear that , might make your class mates feel more secure :), I won it at a carnival in Europe in the early 80's, lol

phill4paul
10-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Toilet paper is a luxury , this makes you sound soft , man up , get some leaves out of the yard, :).Remember ,there are places in the world with no leaves , so you are more fortunate than they :)LOL

I keep a full rack of "free" papers at the outhouse we call "the overlook." They are the LOOK WHO WAS ARRESTED rags. Unfortunately, for those arrested the legalize that requires them to say "no one arrested shall be considered guilty except upon conviction" is much smaller print. Still, these pages of public smear do a good job when rubbed between ones palms.

oyarde
10-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I keep a full rack of "free" papers at the outhouse we call "the overlook." They are the LOOK WHO WAS ARRESTED rags. Unfortunately, for those arrested the legalize that requires them to say "no one arrested shall be considered guilty except upon conviction" is much smaller print. Still, these pages of public smear do a good job when rubbed between ones palms.

I see one of those about once a year , guy I know drops one off to me , I circle all of the most eligible looking gals , give it to another guy I know , sooner or later he will get lucky :)

phill4paul
10-02-2013, 11:47 PM
I see one of those about once a year , guy I know drops one off to me , I circle all of the most eligible looking gals , give it to another guy I know , sooner or later he will get lucky :)

Since I go to a local smoke shop to buy my loose leaf I just clean out the rack. Of course that which is good for wiping is equally good for entertainment. Or prospecting. Lol.

RickyJ
10-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Local pigs are still on the job, so the horror level is the same as before the federal government shut down.

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2013, 12:31 AM
I can feel a growing fear of what will happen to teh roadz in the air... ;)

BuddyRey
10-03-2013, 01:42 AM
I saw a guy with a cart selling people hot-dogs...wrapped in BACON!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

IPSecure
10-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Did not see any chem-trails.

oyarde
10-03-2013, 06:05 AM
I saw a guy with a cart selling people hot-dogs...wrapped in BACON!!!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

I would take a couple of those.

shane77m
10-03-2013, 06:52 AM
This morning I got accosted by some individual trying to sell me some raw milk. Can you believe that? RAW MILK!!!!!! We gotta get this government opened back up. I don't know how much more I can take.

oyarde
10-03-2013, 06:55 AM
This morning I got accosted by some individual trying to sell me some raw milk. Can you believe that? RAW MILK!!!!!! We gotta get this government opened back up. I don't know how much more I can take.

Its OK if you put enough Vodka and Kahlua in it.

shane77m
10-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Its OK if you put enough Vodka and Kahlua in it.

http://attenunation.com/storage/TheDude_WhiteRussian.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSIO N=1364658387111

Danke
10-03-2013, 07:03 AM

Never buy anything from a dude in Alabama.

Root
10-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Day 3: I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm clock. I decided the make use of this extra time by firing up the vape before "work". Is very quiet outside today. Too quiet actually. I fear this may be the calm before the storm/raid. Thanks for the clothing offer oyarde. I really wish I had a shirt that said "Ron Paul was right" or "you should have listened to Ron Paul" or something like that. Oh well, one can't be too picky in such dire times. Good luck today everyone.

Cleaner44
10-03-2013, 07:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1HVg_J7QA

RJB
10-03-2013, 07:12 AM
My wife doesn't want to survive :(

I've explained that according to the movies, I have to get a mohawk haircut, black leather clothes, and a motorcycle and get a job trying to steal gasoline in a motorcycle gang-- She won't let me buy a motorcycle, but I'm going to get a Mohawk today.

I'm going to go by my new street name "Chainsaw." Could admin let me change it on the forums? :confused:

I'm searching craiglist's jobs for open positions in motorcycle gangs-- It seems like all those jobs are taken in this bad economy, I haven't found any openings. And I don't think they will let me join with out a motorcycle-- evil wife. :mad: Hope she likes my Mohawk :cool:

Today I'm going to fix up the bicycle in my garage. I gotta start somewhere :(

shane77m
10-03-2013, 07:23 AM

I've explained that according to the movies, I have to get a mohawk haircut, black leather clothes, and a motorcycle and get a job trying to steal gasoline in a motorcycle gang-- She won't let me buy a motorcycle, but I'm going to get a Mohawk today.

I'm going to go by my new street name "Chainsaw." Could admin let me change it on the forums? :confused:

I'm searching craiglist's jobs for open positions in motorcycle gangs-- It seems like all those jobs are taken in this bad economy, I haven't found any openings. And I don't think they will let me join with out a motorcycle-- evil wife. :mad: Hope she likes my Mohawk :cool:

Today I'm going to fix up the bicycle in my garage. I gotta start somewhere :(

Attach some poker cards to the forks so they will hit on the spokes and make noise. It will giver your bike a menacing sound. You will also need to get some football shoulder pads or cut up some old tires to cobble together some armor. Feathers attached to the mohawk help accentuate your hair.

klamath
10-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I went to a national park and all the scenery and beauty was gone. Dam*! We have to get the park service paid so they can put the natural beauty back up!

Cleaner44
10-03-2013, 10:14 AM
What if the government unbuilds the roads???

We are so screwed!

The bastard National Park Service have already started dismantling the Washington Monument!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CfbMHpZvaUA/UcKifciYcTI/AAAAAAAAnxw/6YMQXTi6M94/s1600/WashingtonMonument-scaffolding-nearing-tip-15May2013.jpg

youngbuck
10-03-2013, 10:41 AM

I noticed that, filled up for $3.26/gal on Tues. afternoon.

shane77m
10-03-2013, 10:44 AM
A few weeks ago I got gas for $1.89 a gallon.
I had to use my WinDixie fuel perks though.

RJB
10-03-2013, 05:58 PM

I've explained that according to the movies, I have to get a mohawk haircut, black leather clothes, and a motorcycle and get a job trying to steal gasoline in a motorcycle gang-- She won't let me buy a motorcycle, but I'm going to get a Mohawk today. Update. The wife took my keys so I can't get a mohawk. Someone threw a beer bottle at me when I road my chopped schwin ten speed with the card in the wheel.

Since I can't find a motorcycle gang with a medical insurance incentive, I've decided to get the job of the dude who fights the motorcycle gangs. I figure that way I'll be self employed and won't have to get a mohawk. I need a souped up 1970s car. Hopefully a hybrid with the up-coming gas shortage.

I'll probably need to take a ninja class. Maybe two at the most. I've watched Bruce Lee movies a lot. I've practiced shouting "WAAAAAHHHH" and kicking pillows, kittens and other vicious things that can scratch. I am pretty good and awesome.

Shoot-- my wife's coming. Gotta go!

libertyjam
10-03-2013, 06:10 PM
The bastard National Park Service have already started dismantling the Washington Monument!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CfbMHpZvaUA/UcKifciYcTI/AAAAAAAAnxw/6YMQXTi6M94/s1600/WashingtonMonument-scaffolding-nearing-tip-15May2013.jpg

Good! We don't need that great Masonic Phallic Turd cluttering up the Mall anyway.

Cleaner44
10-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Update. The wife took my keys so I can't get a mohawk. Someone threw a beer bottle at me when I road my chopped schwin ten speed with the card in the wheel.

Since I can't find a motorcycle gang with a medical insurance incentive, I've decided to get the job of the dude who fights the motorcycle gangs. I figure that way I'll be self employed and won't have to get a mohawk. I need a souped up 1970s car. Hopefully a hybrid with the up-coming gas shortage.

I'll probably need to take a ninja class. Maybe two at the most. I've watched Bruce Lee movies a lot. I've practiced shouting "WAAAAAHHHH" and kicking pillows, kittens and other vicious things that can scratch. I am pretty good and awesome.

Shoot-- my wife's coming. Gotta go!

Get yourself one of these bad boys! Just make sure you wear a gauntlet when you catch it on the return. :)

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/RARE-ANTIQUE-VINTAGE-CHROMED-STEEL-MASCOT-BOOMERANG-/00/$(KGrHqMOKkME4kk9V,6!BOUm27M44!~~48_3.JPG

James Madison
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Day 3 of the government shutdown. No sign of terrorists yet, but there's been talk of strange shadows lurking near the forest wall. Many feel our time is limited. For myself, I want to know more about these mysterious sightings. God be with us all.

tod evans
10-03-2013, 06:30 PM
What are all the brave SWAT officers going to do when their jobs are cut?

fr33
10-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Since we've been waiting and shopping for a new house for a couple of years, I've noticed a flood of houses put up for sale in our area right after the govt shutdown happened. I say "flood" but it's like 5 new listings. That's a lot considering almost nothing has been for sale lately around here. We made some appointments to see them. Hopefully we'll snag one of them. It probably has nothing to do with govt shutdown but I'm just pointing out that I haven't seen any negative effects from this thing. Mostly it's been positive.

devil21
10-03-2013, 06:44 PM
No government people have come to clean up all the dead bodies in my neighborhood. It's starting to smell.

mrsat_98
10-03-2013, 07:27 PM
http://www.thv11.com/news/article/282040/2/Government-shutdown-ripples-along-the-Buffalo-River

ARKANSAS (KTHV) - The government shutdown continues to send ripple effects across the country. In north Arkansas, all access to The Buffalo National River has been blocked.

The Buffalo River, Arkansas' most popular float stream, was unusually quiet Thursday morning. In fact, the fish and wildlife had the river to themselves.

The shutdown is affecting business owners like Ben Fruehauf, who owns Buffalo Camping and Canoeing and The Gilbert General Store. Fruehauf said orange barricades now sit at all of the access areas along the river.

"Shutdown means, totally shutdown," he explained. "If you step on there, they have the right to write you a ticket, incarcerate you."

Fruehauf said this shutdown has left him with stacks of canoes he can't put on the river.
"It's very difficult to hold up our end of the bargain when we can't even take a step on park property," he added.

With risk of losing his concession permit, Fruehauf said he has no choice but to halt his canoe rentals.

"We're having to turn people away through the end of the year," Fruehauf explained. This is costing his business hundreds of dollars a day. "It's $45 for the day. If you throw in two people with a shuttle, with tax, $68."

Fruehauf also owns several cabin rentals. For a county that relies on tourism income, Fruehauf said the river's closure is trickling down to restaurants, camp sites and stores in the area.

"The river draws the people for cabins, for camping, for the restaurants." he went on. "Melissa at the Gilbert Cafe, Jim at the RV campground here in Gilbert. It's a domino effect."

The Buffalo National River area is also closed to hunters, hikers and horse riders-all of which are potential customers.

"Basically, it's security for my family and then I look at this little municipality, you know the sales tax that are generated," he concluded. "There's nothing happening here."

Twenty out of 91 employees at the Buffalo National River stay on duty during the shutdown. That includes law enforcement, dispatch and some maintenance staff.

shane77m
10-03-2013, 08:07 PM
At least this guy can try and make some cash now.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/the-dar-71.jpg?w=500&h=331

MelissaWV
10-03-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.go-florida.com/media/photos/FL-Gainesville-Sunset-800x534.jpg

The sun ... is going away. It is furloughed. I'm not sure when it will come back but this has gone too damned far.

seapilot
10-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Twenty out of 91 employees at the Buffalo National River stay on duty during the shutdown. That includes law enforcement, dispatch and some maintenance staff.

There are twenty employees on duty making sure people do not use the park. I am sure twenty employees can handle it, but yeah they are not getting paid anything but when this ends they will all get back pay. This as usual screws the little guy.

Another thing is the park service and fish and wildlife do not promote within the same park/region, they do this so there is no loyalty to the locals situation for scenarios just like this. Again I say give the keys to the states, they all have their own park services, let them run it.

oyarde
10-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Day 3: I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm clock. I decided the make use of this extra time by firing up the vape before "work". Is very quiet outside today. Too quiet actually. I fear this may be the calm before the storm/raid. Thanks for the clothing offer oyarde. I really wish I had a shirt that said "Ron Paul was right" or "you should have listened to Ron Paul" or something like that. Oh well, one can't be too picky in such dire times. Good luck today everyone.

I have lots of extras, somewhere , my old flak jacket that has all the protection removed and sewn back up because it was too heavy and I could not move my ass in it :) , probably a Foreign Legion dress jacket , oh hell , I dunno where any of that is ..... I do remember , in the hall closet an old field jacket from when they first switched to woodland camo from the olive drab shortly after the draft years ended , late 70's or real early 80's, in the basement with the wine , a WW2 Nazi helmet ,an old US steel helmet liner ,maybe an old varsity junior college baseball jacket in thehall closet..... You could paint those up with the good DR being correct :) lol

Origanalist
10-03-2013, 10:53 PM
http://www.go-florida.com/media/photos/FL-Gainesville-Sunset-800x534.jpg

The sun ... is going away. It is furloughed. I'm not sure when it will come back but this has gone too damned far.

I'm going to miss it.

Scrapmo
10-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Im getting reports out west from a friend in Arizona, it appears that, with no one left to maintain it, the Grand Canyon HAS FILLED ITSELF IN! The Ghost of Theodore Roosevelt has been disturbed from it's slumber to protect the land surrounding what once was the canyon until the federal government can resume its duty. The Ghost of Ole' Teddy has been seen feasting on the remains of those unfortunate enough to wander into the wilderness without federal oversight.

DGambler
10-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Today, our neighborhood held a drawing where one female child and one male child were chosen to fight to the death, we will shower the winner with gifts and elevate them to godhood for a year. We believe this ceremony will fight drought in the upcoming year and guarantee us a good harvest.

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Im getting reports out west from a friend in Arizona, it appears that, with no one left to maintain it, the Grand Canyon HAS FILLED ITSELF IN! The Ghost of Theodore Roosevelt has been disturbed from it's slumber to protect the land surrounding what once was the canyon until the federal government can resume its duty. The Ghost of Ole' Teddy has been seen feasting on the remains of those unfortunate enough to wander into the wilderness without federal oversight.
:eek: Thanks for the heads-up...news of that hasn't gotten to me till now. It'll probably be a lot of suck for folks up north (and probably everyone else), as the Colorado River is pretty much THE water source for AZ. :( :eek:

MelissaWV
10-04-2013, 04:24 AM
I just looked outside. The sun has NOT returned. There's no one on the streets. The news won't even mention the shutdown. I think we are in the blackout following a severely traumatic event. I'm so scared. The temperature is noticeably cooler today than yesterday. Is it global cooling, or definitive evidence that the sun will never return?

Neil Desmond
10-04-2013, 04:30 AM
I just looked outside. The sun has NOT returned. There's no one on the streets. The news won't even mention the shutdown. I think we are in the blackout following a severely traumatic event. I'm so scared. The temperature is noticeably cooler today than yesterday. Is it global cooling, or definitive evidence that the sun will never return?
Uh, oh; now you've got me worried! :eek:

MRK
10-04-2013, 04:36 AM

I'm experiencing a spillover effect of your disappearing sun over here in Southeast Asia. I see the sun disappearing above the horizon as I type this.

How I wish I had clamored more for world police when I had the chance! I had tried to convince the locals of the American governments virtues, but they kept saying something about a war forty years ago.

DGambler
10-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Our plan has backfired, the children have risen up against us, I only hope ..... Ack

DGambler
10-04-2013, 06:28 AM
I've made it to my secret bunker, roving hordes of children, many with homemade bows and shives, are going house to house searching for adults. I called 911 earlier to report the horde, but alas, got a recording alerting me to the fact that the swat teams are out focused on the lemonade stands reported in other posts and that the beat cops are at Dunkin Doughnuts.

With no money available to them, I can only surmise that the cops are still working out of the goodness of their hearts.

I'll hunker down here for a bit and report back later.

Mani
10-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Did a short tour of several asian countries. Was horrified to see people were speaking in their local tongue, hanging out, and went about their business without giving a fuck about USA or any government shutdown....

OMG it's worse than I thought! When the President of the United States of America, takes a dump, the rest of the world should be debating what he ate for breakfast! We are the most important country in the world! Now people don't care about us!?! The HORROR! THE HORROR!

Time drone some of these countries and teach them a lesson.

DGambler
10-04-2013, 08:14 AM
It's getting worse, the eldest child, calling himself 'Huggy Bear' has demanded tribute, they want our pets for food... as I write this, I am hiding my dog.

Root
10-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Day 4: Went out during rush hour to do some recon on federal government interstates. Reports of reduced traffic appear to be true in my area also. Also noted that state level military enforcement units seems to have declined, however local units appear to be operating at normal staffing.

Global warming is in full effect today as the temperature is 10*F higher than average and 10*F lower than the record. Interestingly, the "essential" government weather service appears to be operating.

oyarde
10-04-2013, 10:57 AM
It's getting worse, the eldest child, calling himself 'Huggy Bear' has demanded tribute, they want our pets for food... as I write this, I am hiding my dog.

Are you going to give up some form of tribute :) ?

Dr.3D
10-04-2013, 11:03 AM
I've made it to my secret bunker, roving hordes of children, many with homemade bows and shives, are going house to house searching for adults. I called 911 earlier to report the horde, but alas, got a recording alerting me to the fact that the swat teams are out focused on the lemonade stands reported in other posts and that the beat cops are at Dunkin Doughnuts.

With no money available to them, I can only surmise that the cops are still working out of the goodness of their hearts.

I'll hunker down here for a bit and report back later.

No, they have been authorized to rob people to make a living. Don't go around with a lot of money and you should be safe from them robbing you.

DGambler
10-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Are you going to give up some form of tribute :) ?

I have gathered sticks, twigs and leaves to camouflage myself and my pet, the children have become more brazen and are beginning to consume human flesh. 'Huggy Bear' was challenged as leader of the horde, a 'Little Susie' is now running things. I plan on making a run for it shortly, I hope to find a friendly government employee that will take pity on me. It is only 5 miles to the next village (neighborhood), I hope they have not gone down the same foolish path as us. My neighbors are all gone or have become an evening meal. I shall gather berries on my escape route to sustain Spot and I.

Fear not, for I have a smart phone and will continue to give updates as I am able for as long as the cell system remains in place.

oyarde
10-04-2013, 12:01 PM
I have gathered sticks, twigs and leaves to camouflage myself and my pet, the children have become more brazen and are beginning to consume human flesh. 'Huggy Bear' was challenged as leader of the horde, a 'Little Susie' is now running things. I plan on making a run for it shortly, I hope to find a friendly government employee that will take pity on me. It is only 5 miles to the next village (neighborhood), I hope they have not gone down the same foolish path as us. My neighbors are all gone or have become an evening meal. I shall gather berries on my escape route to sustain Spot and I.

Fear not, for I have a smart phone and will continue to give updates as I am able for as long as the cell system remains in place.

Good luck , hope you are fleet of foot :),I would probably just wait them out , I am tougher and they should all turn on one another in no time,lol

liveandletlive
10-04-2013, 12:02 PM
i sense liberal coworkers are a little angrier for some reason.

helmuth_hubener
10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Everyone has died.

phill4paul
10-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Everyone has died.

Everyone? Crap!

bunklocoempire
10-04-2013, 03:20 PM
The "Interstate" Highways on Oahu just dried up and blew away.

Y'all ever do a road trip out to Oahu on Interstate Highways H1, H2, or H3?

18.4(?) cents per fucking gallon and I've never been able to find the on ramp to the interstate here on the Big Island...

Dr.3D
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM

18.4(?) cents per fucking gallon and I've never been able to find the on ramp to the interstate here on the Big Island...
That happened on Maui too. I noticed, one lane of the two lane road completely disappeared on some of the bridges on the road to Hana.

dannno
10-04-2013, 05:39 PM
So far I myself have perceived absolutely no impact from the shut down.

I know they are going out of their way to harass a lot of people, fortunately I haven't been in that group.

MelissaWV
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I saw a sun today. There is no convincing me that it is actually THE sun. This one gives off less heat, and it rose ten minutes or so later than the other one. I have noticed a great deal of association with the number "10" in this thread. There has to be something to it.

DGambler
10-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I've made it to the next village, alas, they have fashioned a 20 foot high impenetrable wall from LCD tvs and refuse to grant me entry. 'Little Susie' already has this village under her heal and I fear they will alert her to my presence. I have heard from others that I should head for Florida to obtain citrus to ward off the scurvy that is surely going to befall me soon.

I'm sad to report that my berry scavenging did not go well, fortunately, Spot was a well fed animal and should sustain me for several days.

I only hope the children haven't risen against us everywhere, I'll be shocked if they have since they have such a huge debt burden to overcome.

God speed, I'll report on my travels to Florida, or what I now refer to as Shangri-la.

shane77m
10-04-2013, 06:10 PM
About to attempt a trip to the grocery store. Should be interesting. Stay safe.

Lucille
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Friday freedom question: On this fourth day of the government shutdown …
http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/ClaireWolfe/2013/10/04/friday-freedom-question-on-this-fourth-day-of-the-government-shutdown/

What caliber have you found most effective for battling the zombie hordes?

Have you had to saw off your own leg or remove your own appendix because no doctors were available?

After your neighbors starved to death did you find anything really cool and useful in their house?

Which were the first items to disappear off your local grocery shelves and how bad were the riots when people discovered that they couldn’t get Fruity-Choco-SugarLoops?

Now that Internet and phone service have both collapsed, what are you using for alternative communications?

If you had to travel, how did you manage, what with the Interstate completely clogged with wrecked or fuel-less vehicles?

How many of your children do you believe you’ll have to cannibalize before the government returns to save us?

What’s actually in that #10 can labeled “Fruit Galaxy”? And does it go well with the tender flesh of infants?

In short … How is the government shutdown affecting you and yours?...

DGambler
10-05-2013, 07:44 AM
My trek to Shangri-la has been fraught with peril.... Maurading gangs of children are everywhere, without the government, they are all truant. I-75, once a pristine interstate, is now nothing more than a muddy rut.

As I skirted past Atlanta, I could not help but notice that the 'gold dome' had been stripped bare, I can only surmise that it was desperate dentists looking for materials for fillings.

I had hoped to harvest road kill from 75, but I've been reduced to eating mud.

If only the government would restart, these horrors could be stopped cold.

I will report in again when I make it to the border of Shangri-la.

Godspeed, DG

helmuth_hubener
10-05-2013, 11:08 AM
My trek to Shangri-la has been fraught with peril.... Maurading gangs of children are everywhere, without the government, they are all truant. I-75, once a pristine interstate, is now nothing more than a muddy rut.

As I skirted past Atlanta, I could not help but notice that the 'gold dome' had been stripped bare, I can only surmise that it was desperate dentists looking for materials for fillings.

I had hoped to harvest road kill from 75, but I've been reduced to eating mud.

If only the government would restart, these horrors could be stopped cold.

I will report in again when I make it to the border of Shangri-la.

Godspeed, DGHang in there. Be careful to eat only clean mud. Do not eat mud from the muddy rut that was formerly the interstate.

tod evans
10-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Are you still able to buy Chinese good helmuth?

I had no trouble at the farmers market earlier...

DGambler
10-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm receiving disturbing reports from fellow refuges that I come across... Oh the horror, it sounds as if the oceans no longer work in glorious Shangri-la without government assistance. I can only assume that this means that the tides have stopped and that fish no longer school. I only hope that the citrus groves are still there or I shall surely succumb to the scurvy.

tod evans
10-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm receiving disturbing reports from fellow refuges that I come across... Oh the horror, it sounds as if the oceans no longer work in glorious Shangri-la without government assistance. I can only assume that this means that the tides have stopped and that fish no longer school. I only hope that the citrus groves are still there or I shall surely succumb to the scurvy.

Tanqueray and tonic with a twist will help with scurvy and malaria while you contemplate the fate of fish....

georgiaboy
10-16-2013, 08:41 PM
well, the lanterns at the top of the Old North Church just went out.

bunklocoempire
10-16-2013, 09:20 PM

UPDATE: All is well with the Interstate Highways H1, H2, and H3. The Interstate magically reappeared. If I can steer around this herd of unicorns shitting rainbows all over the place I'm gonna take a road trip to the mainland and get me some White Castles and Dead Man Ale.

Thanks Obama! Thanks Mr. Boehner! America is working again! WOOT!!

devil21
10-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Crews just showed up to start cleaning up all the dead bodies in my neighborhood.

Barack Hussein Obama mmmm mmmm mmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3TKMKbifgQ

kcchiefs6465
10-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Crews just showed up to start cleaning up all the dead bodies in my neighborhood.

Barack Hussein Obama mmmm mmmm mmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3TKMKbifgQ
What are the lyrics of this video? My speakers aren't too good and I can't make out anything but "Barack Hussein Obama."

Scrapmo
10-16-2013, 11:07 PM
I dont know about you guys, but Im not coming out of my house until a government worker shows up and tells me its safe.

phill4paul
10-16-2013, 11:18 PM
I have heard over the short wave that the impasse has been traversed and the FedGov is up and running again.

Things are worse than I feared. I will have to half the rations. It will be far longer than I originally thought until it is safe to surface.

Mani
10-16-2013, 11:36 PM
I dont know about you guys, but Im not coming out of my house until a government worker shows up and tells me its safe.

I'll do you a favor and call 911 for you. Send an officer to let you know it's OK to come out. What's the worst that could happen? :rolleyes:

Dary
10-17-2013, 04:44 AM
What is that I see on the horizon?

Could it be?

Yes! Yes! It's the Sun!

We are saved!

TruckinMike
10-17-2013, 06:38 AM
What is that I see on the horizon?

Could it be?

Yes! Yes! It's the Sun!

We are saved!

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/01/obama-sun-questions.jpg

helmuth_hubener
10-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Are you still able to buy Chinese good helmuth?

I had no trouble at the farmers market earlier... With everyone dead it is hard, but I persevere.

Teenager For Ron Paul
10-18-2013, 11:56 PM
GUYS THE TAP WATER'S BEEN TAINTED BY THE EVIL CORPORATIONS BECAUSE THERE IS NO GUBBERMINT TO TAKE CARE OF US AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SAFE!!11!!1!1!!!