PDA

View Full Version : Greg Brannon campaign (U.S. Senate - NC) by the numbers

aclove
09-30-2013, 07:57 PM
http://static.squarespace.com/static/52436616e4b0a6b4ebaa9f63/t/524a1b9ee4b03b8157d05a17/1380588448409/campaign%20by%20the%20numbers.png?format=750w

sluggo
09-30-2013, 08:08 PM
I need a Greg Brannon bumper sticker or three so I can help with name recognition.

TaftFan
09-30-2013, 08:10 PM
I need a Greg Brannon bumper sticker or three so I can help with name recognition.

http://gregbrannon.com/volunteer/

sluggo
09-30-2013, 08:12 PM
http://gregbrannon.com/volunteer/

Did that a couple of months ago.

Never heard a peep.

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Did that a couple of months ago.

Never heard a peep.

Are you in NC? I usually assume they are looking for local volunteers.

sluggo
09-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes, I am.

I've gotten a dozen solicitations for donations, but nothing else.

I sincerely hope I am the only one this has happened with.

Bastiat's The Law
09-30-2013, 08:28 PM
You might have better luck contacting Brannon on facebook.

Brian4Liberty
09-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes, I am.

Did you try the e-mail address or phone number on his website?

Just a guess, but his campaign may not be ready for volunteers yet.

T.hill
09-30-2013, 08:47 PM
His campaign is really gaining some steam now, it seems.

FSP-Rebel
09-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Yes, I am.

Perhaps they haven't purchased stickers yet? They should by now of course.

Bastiat's The Law
09-30-2013, 10:11 PM
His campaign is really gaining some steam now, it seems.

His facebook page is blowing up now. I think the word is finally getting out.

aclove
10-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Up until now, they've been concentrating on building name recognition and fundraising. They JUST this past month hired a Ted Cruz staffer to run their volunteer coordination effort, which will start ramping up now that we're in the 4th Quarter of 2013. Expect to start hearing from them on that front soon.

As far as a bumper sticker goes, I've gotten a couple in the mail with "Thank You" letters for donating. Probably your best chance to get one in the near future is in Raleigh at "Nullify Now!" at which Dr. Brannon will be speaking and holding a private reception.

Bastiat's The Law
10-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Up until now, they've been concentrating on building name recognition and fundraising. They JUST this past month hired a Ted Cruz staffer to run their volunteer coordination effort, which will start ramping up now that we're in the 4th Quarter of 2013. Expect to start hearing from them on that front soon.

As far as a bumper sticker goes, I've gotten a couple in the mail with "Thank You" letters for donating. Probably your best chance to get one in the near future is in Raleigh at "Nullify Now!" at which Dr. Brannon will be speaking and holding a private reception.

Yup, just show up where Brannon is speaking.

aclove
10-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Brannon for Senate campaign materials are now available for order online. Go to http://gregbrannon.com/materials/brannon-bundle/ to get bumper stickers and Slim Jims today!

Krzysztof Lesiak
10-02-2013, 07:01 PM
What are his chances of beating Thom Thills? Seems like it is an extremely uphill battle.

TaftFan
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
What are his chances of beating Thom Thills? Seems like it is an extremely uphill battle.

I would expect it is actually pretty close.

Bastiat's The Law
10-02-2013, 07:12 PM

I think Brannon is our best shot at getting a liberty candidate elected to Congress this cycle and we have dozens running.

Bastiat's The Law
10-02-2013, 07:17 PM

Tillis is pretty much universally despised. Once the grassroots settle on a candidate and if they're worth their salt, I think they'll would roll up Tillis like a carpet.

MichaelDavis
10-02-2013, 07:30 PM
We need to get some input from GunnyFreedom. He knows the political landscape in North Carolina. What say you, Gunny?

aclove
10-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Gunny was largely responsible for recruiting Brannon to run. And yes, outside of the GOP establishment in the state and the lobbyist class, Tillis has very little grassroots support. This is very similar to the Paul/Grayson run of 3 years ago in terms of who's supporting whom. The establishment has even recruited a faux-grassroots candidate to try and split the conservative vote, similar to what happened in that race. The key to success is Brannon proving he can successfully fundraise by himself so that Club for Growth, the Senate Conservatives Fund, FreedomWorks PAC, and other national organizations will come in on his side to counteract the NRSC, which backs Tillis.

Bastiat's The Law
10-03-2013, 06:45 AM
It's really quite simple. If Brannon keeps up his exponential growth in fund raising, he'll win. If you haven't donated to his campaign yet, please do so.

http://static.squarespace.com/static/52436616e4b0a6b4ebaa9f63/t/524b0b1be4b07ce8564e6a12/1380649783230/donation%20chart.png?format=750w

SneakyFrenchSpy
10-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Recieved? :mad:

aclove
10-03-2013, 09:04 AM

What's the problem?

Brian4Liberty
10-03-2013, 09:28 AM

Lol. Who made that graphic?

malkusm
10-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Promoted to front page and the "Top Activist Efforts" page: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/list.php?category/8-Top-Activist-Efforts

Brannon needs more publicity, I think we have a great opportunity here.

sluggo
10-03-2013, 09:41 AM
"I" before "E", except after "C."

KingNothing
10-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Man, if we can pick this one up that would be HUGE. Paul, Cruz and Brannon could do serious damage in the Senate, and I imagine that Brannon is a lot closer to Paul in terms of beliefs and tactics than he is Cruz!

Brian4Liberty
10-03-2013, 04:09 PM
"He's catching on, I'm telling ya!" :toady:

Peace&Freedom
10-04-2013, 07:28 AM
And now, the numbers that ultimately matter: 2008-- Kay Hagan, D, 52.7% (now the incumbent) over Elizabeth Dole, R, 44.2%. Details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_North_Carolina,_2 008

The seat is historically winnable for Brannon (it was held by Jesse Helms and then Dole), but now will be steeply uphill with a Democratic incumbent in place, with over a 5% edge based on the last election. I'd say it's worth a normal GOP effort, but unlikely to be picked up, by the numbers, objectively speaking. And will Brannon realistically have the resources to win the primary over a non-liberty Republican? A national liberty centric (not GOP centric) approach would be to look at all the Senate races, and concentrate only on the higher percentage -5% and open seat situations, to get more liberty candidates installed.

TaftFan
10-04-2013, 02:11 PM
And now, the numbers that ultimately matter: 2008-- Kay Hagan, D, 52.7% (now the incumbent) over Elizabeth Dole, R, 44.2%. Details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_North_Carolina,_2 008

The seat is historically winnable for Brannon (it was held by Jesse Helms and then Dole), but now will be steeply uphill with a Democratic incumbent in place, with over a 5% edge based on the last election. I'd say it's worth a normal GOP effort, but unlikely to be picked up, by the numbers, objectively speaking. And will Brannon realistically have the resources to win the primary over a non-liberty Republican? A national liberty centric (not GOP centric) approach would be to look at all the Senate races, and concentrate only on the higher percentage -5% and open seat situations, to get more liberty candidates installed.

Hagan won so big in combination of her close association with the unpopular Bush and the Obama wave, which also brought out the large black population (30 something % of electorate) which does not turn out as in high in midterm years. Mitt Romney won the state even with Obama running in 2012, so 2014 should have the GOP winning much easier. That isn't to say the fight won't be hard.

I think this is the most winnable race for the liberty movement in terms of the Senate.

sluggo
10-04-2013, 02:38 PM
During the 2008 elections, there were handmade signs posted around town that said

DEMOCRAT
STRAIGHT TICKET
BARACK OBAMA

They were usually near bus stops.

Hagan definitely rode the Obama wave. However, I fear that the state Repubs have pissed people off so badly Hagan might get another bump.

Brian4Liberty
10-04-2013, 03:04 PM

MichaelDavis
10-04-2013, 08:00 PM
This is definately a winnable race. An October 30, 2007 poll had Dole leading Hagan 46-33. A September 6-9, 2013 poll has Hagan leading Brannon by a similar margin of 52-36. Polls this long before the election don't mean anything. Our number one goal right now is defeating eastablishment RINO Thom Tillis in the primary.

http://projects.newsobserver.com/blogs/poll_hagan_trails_dole
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2013/PPP_Release_NC_910.pdf

Peace&Freedom
10-04-2013, 10:54 PM
One can always subjectively 'make a case' for a candidacy based on optimism and hope. My point is that the hard reality (an incumbent in place) and the +5 edge the incumbent has (confirmed above in the recent poll) makes this, objectively, an unlikely pick-up. And no one answered the straightforward question as to whether it's likely Brannon can raise the couple of million needed to beat the non-liberty opponent in the primary, let alone the election.

A higher percentage approach to getting liberty candidates elected is to concentrate on campaigns where the hard facts and numbers say it's plausible, not the optimism. We need to look for the lay-ups and short jumpers (e.g., Bentivolio in Michigan last year), not the half court shots. If we start from there, it will save us the post-election frustration/agony of the last few cycles ('08, '10, '12) over burning out our energy and cash over lost races that only then do we admit were not winnable to begin with.

r123
10-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Dr. Greg Brannon, the next Ron Paul, for US Senate (video interview): http://www.dailypaul.com/301723/greg-brannon-the-next-ron-paul-for-us-senate-video-interview

Bastiat's The Law
10-08-2013, 03:19 PM
One can always subjectively 'make a case' for a candidacy based on optimism and hope. My point is that the hard reality (an incumbent in place) and the +5 edge the incumbent has (confirmed above in the recent poll) makes this, objectively, an unlikely pick-up. And no one answered the straightforward question as to whether it's likely Brannon can raise the couple of million needed to beat the non-liberty opponent in the primary, let alone the election.

A higher percentage approach to getting liberty candidates elected is to concentrate on campaigns where the hard facts and numbers say it's plausible, not the optimism. We need to look for the lay-ups and short jumpers (e.g., Bentivolio in Michigan last year), not the half court shots. If we start from there, it will save us the post-election frustration/agony of the last few cycles ('08, '10, '12) over burning out our energy and cash over lost races that only then do we admit were not winnable to begin with.

This is the most winnable Senate race for the liberty movement and Brannon is the best candidate we have running this cycle by far.

Paul Watson - Liberty
10-14-2013, 12:59 AM
Anyone in Iredell and surrounding counties who would like to begin organizing the grassroots for Greg Brannon in our area feel free to contact me through my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-Watson-Liberty-Revolution/1423396151208438.

We're gaining a ton of momentum right now, but the battle has only just begun. This race is very, very winnable for Dr. Brannon, but make no mistake, it will be a grassroots campaign. That mean you and me working hard to send a true liberty candidate to represent our great state.

Would love to hear from those in my area, and all others are also welcome to contact me through the above link as well.

Life, Liberty, Freedom, Sound Money, Peace, and Sovereignty

Peace&Freedom
10-14-2013, 10:40 AM
This is the most winnable Senate race for the liberty movement and Brannon is the best candidate we have running this cycle by far.

Can you quantify that with facts and numbers that make his winning plausible, as opposed to just being optimistic? Being 'the best candidate' is not enough to win, ask Ron Paul. "Most winnable" can mean Brannon has a 15% shot, as opposed to 5%. Is he likely to raise $2 million or so? How is he faring against the other Republican for the nomination, polls or money wise?

Is the incumbent likely to lose the base voting blocs, that got her elected? In the absence of data trending towards "short jumper," I'm presuming this is another half-court shot. If this is our 'most winnable Senate race' without these fundamentals in place, I guess we may not win any Senate races in 2014.