PDA

View Full Version : Jim DeMint, Congressional Republicans' Shadow Speaker

jj-
09-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Many Republicans looked on in horror as the defund movement gained steam. If the government shuts down, polls suggest blame will fall most heavily on the GOP. North Carolina Senator Richard Burr calls DeMint’s plan “the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.” Representative Tom Cole, a veteran Oklahoma Republican, has likened the shutdown threat to “putting the gun to your own head. You’re basically saying, do what I want or I’ll shoot.” DeMint doesn’t see why his ploy should hurt Republicans. “Democrats will be shutting down the government to protect Obamacare,” he insists. As DeMint sees it, if Republicans would just toughen up and start singing from the same hymnal, public opinion might swing to their side. And if they won’t, he plans to turn his legions of supporters inside and outside of government against them.

Read the rest (http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-26/jim-demint-congressional-republicans-shadow-speaker)

ClydeCoulter
09-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Ah, DeMint's plan.

Feeding the Abscess
09-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Is DeMint backing Bevin?

jj-
09-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Is DeMint backing Bevin?

I don't know. His former group, Senate Conservatives Fund, is running ads against McConnell.

Brian4Liberty
09-29-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't know. His former group, Senate Conservatives Fund, is running ads against McConnell.

The problem DeMint has had is backing candidates that were fakers. Rubio and Ayotte are prime examples. His only successes have been Rand, Mike Lee and Ted Cruz. All of the other candidates he has backed haven't turned out as well.