PDA

View Full Version : Irwin Schiff needs our help! An update from Peter Schiff.

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 11:50 AM
(just passing peter's words on)

http://www.newfiveflags.com/read/images/irwin-schiff.jpg
Irwin Schiff

The Justice Department acknowledged something that we have all known for some time - that Irwin is innocent of the charges against him. He was obviously convicted because of a corrupt court system and the following will prove it. As you all know Irwin filed "zero" returns, based upon his reliance on the Supreme Court case of Merchant's Loan and Trust, 255 US 509 . In addition at trial he testified that his understanding was supported by Pollock v. Farmer's Loan and Trust, 158 US 601.

Recently Irwin filed a 2255 petition which is designed to get a person released claiming violation of constitutional rights. In its response to it the Government admitted that it never proved the 13 counts which claim that Irwin filed false zero returns. This is shown on page 39 & 40 of the Government reply to Irwin's 2255, which you can read here. On page 39, the Government acknowledges that he relied on the Merchant's Trust and the Pollock decisions. He actually quoted from the Merchant decision on his zero return. In that decision the Supreme Court held that "income," for taxes purposes, meant corporate profit. And he explained that since he had no corporate profit he had no income to report, in all of the returns at issue. While he didn't quote the Pollock decision on his returns, at trial he testified how the Pollock decision supported his understanding of the Merchant decision. In Pollock the Supreme held that "Income Taxes on the income from Real and Personal Property (such as rent, interest, dividends, wages, etc. , etc. , etc.) is void and unconstitutional if not apportioned." Pollock has never been reversed. This illustrates the legal trickery by which the Government collects income tax.

Now on page 40 the Reply states "the government did not attempt specifically to refute Schiff's understanding regarding the meaning of these cases" (ie, Merchants Loan & Pollock.) Condensing their statement we have, "The Government did not attempt to refute Schiff's understanding of the Merchants' Loan and Trust Case."

Well, if the Justice Department at trial didn't attempt to refute Schiff's understanding of the Merchant Case, the Government certainly did not prove that his zero returns - based on this case - were false, let alone that Irwin believed they was false, which it had to do so as to make a false filing "willful." If you check the transcript of Irwin's trial which is posted on his website you'll find that the Government did not put up one witness who testified that Irwin's returns was false. In fact, on page 4482 the Government tells the Court that the Government intends to put on no witnesses who would testify on this issue. So obviously, Irwin was prosecuted in a Kangaroo Court.

Incredibly, Irwin's attorney did not recognize the significance of this Government admission, and so he did not point this out to the Ninth Circuit in his reply to the Government reply. Therefore the Ninth Circuit can pretend that it did not recognize that the Government admission vacated 13 counts in his indictment. In the past The Ninth Circuit has held that the evidence against Schiff was "overwhelming" (when it was actually non-existent) and that he attempted to "Deceive the Government with his zero returns" (when those zero returns expressly notified the Government on what basis Irwin was filing them.) Therefore unless we specifically bring the significance of what the Government said to the Ninth Circuit's attention, the Ninth Circuit could pretend it did not notice it. Therefore it is important that Irwin's friends and admirers write to the Ninth Circuit somewhat as follows. These are two separate suggestions - mix, match and augment to form your own coherent letter:

Version #1

Gentlemen, undoubtly you have seen the Government's admission as contained in page 40 of their reply brief to Irwin Schiff's 2255; they state in relevant part that the Government made no attempt to refute Mr. Schiff's understanding of the Merchant Loan & Trust decision. Mr. Schiff's zero returns quoted this decision and it was the basis of his belief that in tax law "income" refers to corporate profit, and since he had not received any corporate profit, and since he (nor any of those whom he had prepared zero returns) had any corporate profit to report, he was legally entitled to report zero income on all his zero returns at issue. Obviously since the Government admitted at Trial that they did not attempt to refute Mr. Schiff's understanding of the Merchant Loan & Trust Case, they certainly didn't prove that his returns based on this case were false, let alone that he knew they were false. Based on this Government submission, it is therefore irrefutable that the Government never proved the charges as contained in Mr. Schiff's indictment. Therefore it is equally irrefutable that an innocent 85 year old man is now illegally languishing in prison.

If justice plays a role in the Court's consideration of Mr Schiff's 2255, it will order his immediate release.

Version #2
In its reply to Irwin Schiff's 2255 the government declared (at page 40) that at his trial, the government did not attempt to refute Schiff's understand the Supreme Court's decision that persuaded him that he could lawfully report zero income on all the returns at issue.

This means that the government admitted that it never proved that those returns were both "false and fraudulent" as repeatedly charged in his indictment. Therefore the 9th Circuit has no lawful basis for keeping Mr. Schiff locked up, and it should order that he be released immediately. America is not the Soviet Union or Iran.

Letters should quote the reference US versus Schiff et al, Docket Number 12-17712
and be sent to

The Clerk of the Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
P.O. Box 193939
San Francisco, CA 94119-3939

DoJ Admission
takelifeback.comGentlemen, undoubtly you have seen the Government's admission as contained in page 40 of their reply brief to Irwin Schiff's 2255; they state in relevant part that the Government made no attempt to refute Mr. Schiff's

(http://takelifeback.com/irwin/DoJAdmission/DoJAdmission.htm)

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 12:23 PM
^^

Kotin
09-28-2013, 12:27 PM
BUMP!

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 12:30 PM
the letters are pre-written at the bottom of the quote in the OP.
If anyone else writes a personalized letter, please share it in this thread.
I will be working on a letter of my own this weekend.

Feelgood
09-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Sadly, I am still making monthly payments to the IRS now, because I followed Irwin's advice and filed his same "zero" income returns. I ordered his books, and followed everything to the letter. Some years later, the IRS threaten my boss and demand my wages be garnished. Since he was going to do it, and they were going to take like 90% of my income, I had no choice but to comply and work out a payment plan. I now have to send $500 a month, till it is paid off. I now owe more in interest and penalties, then what they originally claimed I owed. Since I could not afford the attorney, and there is not a real attorney alive that understand the income tax code and how illegal it is, I really had no choice.

Right or wrong, legal or not, good or bad, our corrupt government will always make examples of those that either prove to be smarter then they are, or figure out a way to beat them at their own game.

Cleaner44
09-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Being right is not nearly enough to win in a battle with the federal government.

Deborah K
09-28-2013, 05:54 PM
He is, without a doubt, a political prisoner.

DFF
09-28-2013, 06:54 PM
America is not the Soviet Union

I can't agree with Schiff here.

Today's USA with the powerbase being left-wing, cultural Marxism, is in a lot of ways, not too dissimilar from the old Soviet Union.

Anyway, good luck to Irwin.

He fought hard, and sacrificed his freedom for a noble cause.

Here's hoping the government overturns it's decision and he's released in an expedient fashion.

And here's also hoping that eventually the income tax is repealed, since, as Irwin correctly pointed out, it was never ratified by a sufficient amount of states to legally become law.

At least, I think this is what he said; somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Sadly, I am still making monthly payments to the IRS now, because I followed Irwin's advice and filed his same "zero" income returns. I ordered his books, and followed everything to the letter. Some years later, the IRS threaten my boss and demand my wages be garnished. Since he was going to do it, and they were going to take like 90% of my income, I had no choice but to comply and work out a payment plan. I now have to send $500 a month, till it is paid off. I now owe more in interest and penalties, then what they originally claimed I owed. Since I could not afford the attorney, and there is not a real attorney alive that understand the income tax code and how illegal it is, I really had no choice.

Right or wrong, legal or not, good or bad, our corrupt government will always make examples of those that either prove to be smarter then they are, or figure out a way to beat them at their own game.

with the new obamacare, you would qualify, even without children, for medicaid starting january 1st(unless you state law says otherwise)
just stop working above the table. sign up for medicaid/food stamps.. the whole lot.
and use all your free time of leisure that is now available to you to get people together for the next presidential election.

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Being right is not nearly enough to win in a battle with the federal government.

you are most likely right. it will take many men with guns to win this argument with people who only know the language of force.

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 07:06 PM
I can't agree with Schiff here.

Today's USA with the powerbase being left-wing, cultural Marxism, is in a lot of ways, not too dissimilar from the old Soviet Union.

Anyway, good luck to Irwin.

He fought hard, and sacrificed his freedom for a noble cause.

Here's hoping the government overturns it's decision and he's released in an expedient fashion.

And here's also hoping that eventually the income tax is repealed, since, as Irwin correctly pointed out, it was never ratified by a sufficient amount of states to legally become law.

At least, I think this is what he said; somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

It was never ratified by the required number of states.
the reason that happened is because some states ratified an amendment with slightly different language.
but not enough of the states ratified the same amendment.
by that time in history, media was in firm control of the government... so they figured it was good enough. and just put it in as amendment regardless of the failure to get the required number of states to ratify it.

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 07:06 PM
He is, without a doubt, a political prisoner.

Is there ever a glimpse of a thought in your mind that the time for talk is over?

torchbearer
09-28-2013, 10:01 PM
//

ChristianAnarchist
09-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Irwin is a great man and his research was correct. What he did not count on was the criminal nature of the "government" and their willingness to use force to shut up the truth. Perhaps Irwin can gain freedom through this new avenue (I hope so). I will try to get a letter off myself in the next couple of days. I met him several times and talked to him when I was also filing "zero" returns and buying his tapes and books. I do not feel that I was deceived in anyway by Irwin, but I've been deceived in EVERY way by the goons in "government"...

Danke
09-28-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/Misunderstandings/TheSchiffTrial.htm

Danke
09-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Irwin is a great man and his research was correct.

http://www.losthorizons.com/comment/CorporateProfit.pdf

torchbearer
09-29-2013, 11:13 AM
bump

ChristianAnarchist
09-29-2013, 11:32 AM
http://www.losthorizons.com/tax/Misunderstandings/TheSchiffTrial.htm

Great reading and I agree with the position that Irwin was correct and the "gov" was wrong. The problem is the goons don't follow no rules - "Rules? Rules? We don't have no RULES, we don't need no stinking RULES !!!"

When he wrote "Federal Mafia" he got the title exactly right. The mafia don't need to follow any rules they write down... those "rules" are only for us to follow...

ChristianAnarchist
09-29-2013, 11:34 AM
double post...

Deborah K
09-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Is there ever a glimpse of a thought in your mind that the time for talk is over?

Yes. More than just a glimpse.

Deborah K
09-29-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.losthorizons.com/comment/CorporateProfit.pdf

Pete's a political prisoner too.

Danke
09-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Pete's a political prisoner too.

In the past.

Deborah K
09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
In the past.

Did he get a new trial or did he serve his time? I'm not up to speed on him.

Danke
09-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Did he get a new trial or did he serve his time? I'm not up to speed on him.

"Served" ~ 2 years.

ChristianAnarchist
11-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Surprise... The court ruled against Irwin. My heart goes out to him and his family. The decision is another injustice from the "Just Us" department.

"Schiff next contends appellate counsel was ineffective for not arguing on direct appeal that the district court erred when it excluded certain legal materials during trial. This claim fails as well. Schiff has failed to demonstrate that he was prejudiced by the exclusion of ... two Supreme Court cases, which were likely to mislead and confuse the jury."

Ya, those court cases SURE WOULD have confused the jury since they are key to understanding that the income tax is a corporate tax and does not apply to us...

Never expect justice from the goons...

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/memoranda/2013/11/07/12-17712.pdf

ClydeCoulter
12-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Hell, just having anyone talk in court could mislead and confuse the jury. Hell, that's why most people are asked questions in court, is to mislead and confuse the jury. Hell, the closing arguments are all about misleading and confusing the jury, at least from the prosecution side.

S.Shorland
12-02-2013, 04:04 PM
He knowingly threw himself into the gears of an evil machine.That takes courage.

CG1976
12-02-2013, 07:07 PM
God bless Irwin Schiff

Peace&Freedom
12-02-2013, 11:41 PM
It was never ratified by the required number of states.
the reason that happened is because some states ratified an amendment with slightly different language.
but not enough of the states ratified the same amendment.
by that time in history, media was in firm control of the government... so they figured it was good enough. and just put it in as amendment regardless of the failure to get the required number of states to ratify it.

The 16th Amendment is not needed to establish the income tax in the law, but it has served a propaganda purpose in creating the impression that the tax is applicable to everybody, and that the jurisdiction of the IRS is unlimited. What the courts have done since the Pollack and Merchant decisions is to simply ignore the higher court precedents deemed inconvenient to universal (mis) application of taxes, knowing that their own new bad precedents would almost always not be taken up by the Supreme Court to be thrown out. Thus the High Court doesn't explicitly overturn its own precedent, yet allows the lower court rulings stand as the new bad case law.

The Supremes did the same routine relating to sales taxes, as the Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case by Amazon and Overstock.com challenging a law that requires online retailers to collect sales tax in states where they have no physical presence. Their own precedent clearly says the companies in that situation do not have to collect the tax, yet by not taking up the appeal, a patently bad lower court ruling stands, so under the new precedent online companies are now supposed to be collecting taxes even in states where they have no presence. The system is not merely broken, it's been deliberated wrecked to get the result the tax gestapo wants.

God bless Irwin Schiff, I had the priviledge of talking extensively with him at the 2002 LP national convention, ah the memories...

ChristianAnarchist
12-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I've seen the arguments about the 16th not being properly ratified and I really think it's a distraction from the best way to "attack" the income tax. It wouldn't matter if ALL the states did ratify the amendment you cannot "ratify" slavery. Income tax in any form is a form of bondage that cannot be ratified no matter what process they use. Other things that cannot be "ratified" are robbery, murder, or any other violation of basic human rights...