PDA

View Full Version : McCain Hires Syrian Analyst Who Lied About Her PhD

green73
09-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Sen. John McCain has hired Elizabeth O'Bagy, the Syria analyst in Washington who was fired for padding her credentials, according to The Cable. She begins work Monday as a legislative assistant in McCain's office.

"Elizabeth is a talented researcher, and I have been very impressed by her knowledge and analysis in multiple briefings over the last year," McCain told The Cable in a statement. "I look forward to her joining my office."

O'Bagy, who is 26, was fired after it was confirmed that she had padded her resume with a Ph.D. from Georgetown University. She also failed to disclose in for a pro-Syrian rebels op-ed in WSJ that she was part of a pro-Syrian rebel political group, the Syrian Emergency Task Force.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/09/mccain-hires-syrian-analyst-who-lied.html

roho76
09-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Color me surprised....

Why would he hire someone he's going to have to fire come next election?

09-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Why is this not surprising. McCain has really failed at vetting people he works with lately. Let's not forget McCain in Syria smiling with the kidnappers.

VoluntaryAmerican
09-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Scumbag.

Cleaner44
09-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Are we to assume he wasn't already paying her to spout her bullshit 6 months ago?