PDA

View Full Version : PA-Philly cops get beat up by Mundanes, police chief outraged nobody called 911

donnay
09-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Philly Transit Police Chief Surprised Witnesses did not call 911 to Report Cop getting Beat up

Philadelphia transit police are upset that people witnessing an officer getting beat up by an alleged fare jumper inside the subway system just stood by and watched without calling 911, including one person who pulled out a phone to video record the altercation.

Perhaps this was just a result of apathetic people expecting somebody else to take charge or maybe a deeper issue of the growing divisiveness we’ve seen between police officers and citizens that has surfaced over the last few years because online videos.

It’s impossible to tell without interviewing the actual witnesses but it’s a little surprising to hear the outraged response from the police chief when cops in this country have done nothing but create an us vs them mentality between cops and citizens.

This is evident by reading many of the comments in The Blaze’s article (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/25/cop-beaten-up-on-camera-while-bystanders-watch-and-no-one-calls-911/):

Personally, unless I knew a cop personally and he happened to be a real upstanding guy; I’d let him get beat up for a while. It serves all of them right for violating their oaths of office and violating the people whom they are supposed to be the servants of. I was raised to think well of the police. They came to my school and seemed like “nice guys” who were there for my protection. However, it is blatantly obvious that that has all been a ruse and that the police are just another arm of the gov’t seeking to fleece the public and indoctrinate us into total control.

Answer me this. Why is it that a man who tries to defend himself from a trained canine that tries to bite his throat, and ends up killing the dog; is charged with assault of a police officer or murder? Yet, when a swat team breaks into your home in the middle of the night to issue a search warrant (for suspicious saran wrap in your car, yes, it can be that innocuous), it is their SOP to shoot and kill any and all dogs in the home to ensure the “safety” of the officers involved?

you reap what you sew and the police have brought this upon themselves by their abusive unconstitutional actions over the past few years. they have maced, tased, assaulted, beaten, shot and even MURDERED innocent, unarmed men/women and children.
the worm is turning! and you ignored our pleas to uphold your oaths of office..

Figure it out cops, this is the future that I have been waiting for. You have intimidated and harrassed us long enough, NO OE cares if you get the crap beat out of you

I was raised to respect cops, and until about 5 years ago I did…but this quote right here, “until they determin otherwise” from you is my biggest problem…the fact is, our founding fathers would be APPALLED at the police state we have allowed to form. Having ANY local police force AT ALL outside a lone sheriff is flat out unconstitutional. You don’t get to determine when force escalates, YOU don’t get to say, “they determined otherwise”…stop STEALING my tax money and go get a real job. EVERY act of aggression you commit against a citizen is an act of tyranny and oppression.

In the past I would have automatically helped the officer but after three officers stormed my business pointing guns at me only to find out they had the wrong address, I would definitely want to know the situation and if the punk was in uniform or if it was the other guy!

I have to go to the last week when a man at a school board meeting was(in my eyes) accosted by a “cop” not only was the whole thing way over the top the “cop” piled on felony charges that would have placed a man railing against the frustration of not being able to control the wishes of the liberal mind set. And even the arrest was not valid.
A true LEO would have left him do his thing as he was not violent and moved him out in a respectful manner and handled it outside by just having him leave.
That cop I would love to have been in this situation.
Problem is that perp, had I been there, would have had a weapon pointed at him – am not going to allow a human like him or not be beat.

GOODSTUFF, I don’t hate cops, I just don’t trust them anymore, even my own brother in law & cousin that are cops. The way they are being trained these days by the progressives, militarizing their forces, we freedom loving, constitution abiding, conservative, libertarian, returning veteran, hard working americans are their enemy.

The comments go on and on and reveal a serious distrust and disregard for police officers in general, mainly because of personal experiences or videos they have seen.

I admit I would be the one video recording, not necessarily because I wouldn’t want to help the cop, but because pulling out my camera and recording is very instinctive for me, while dialing 911 is anything but.

In fact, my instinct is to avoid calling 911 at all costs because I don’t trust police enough not to turn me into a suspect when they arrive, which we have seen happen numerous times in the past.

And judging by the comments in the Blaze’s article as well as My Fox Philly (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/23519136/septa-cop-struggles-with-alleged-fare-jumper), which originally reported the story, I am not alone in that sentiment.

And it’s unfortunate we feel this way because most of us are law-abiding citizens who would not physically fight a police officer.

We just no longer assume they are the good guys when we see them physically fighting a citizen.

Source:
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/09/26/philly-transit-police-chief-surprised-witnesses-call-911-report-cop-getting-beat/

asurfaholic
09-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Reap what you sow

Anti Federalist
09-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Hat tip to L/E for passing this along.

Cop Beaten Up on Camera While Bystanders Watch — and No One Calls 911

Sep. 25, 2013 11:29am Dave Urbanski

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/25/cop-beaten-up-on-camera-while-bystanders-watch-and-no-one-calls-911/

When a Philadelphia transit officer attempted to detain a ticket-scam suspect near a train station platform last week, surveillance video records the suspect turning on the cop and wrestling him to the ground, pinning him between a glass barrier and a bench.

But the video also shows a crowd of at least seven transit customers observing the fight, including one who pulled out her phone to record the incident.

Police say that apparently none of the witnesses made a 911 call.

“You know my immediate thought was ‘Shame on you — why don’t you use that phone to call 911?’” transit police Chief Thomas Nestel told WTXF-TV, referring to the bystander who recorded the fight.

A cashier who noticed the altercation after the cop was on the ground and kicking the barrier finally called for help.

Notably a similar incident happened at the same train station last week, WTXF reported. And again video captured two plain-clothes officers getting beaten up in front of a much larger crowd at Cecil B. Moore station in north Philadelphia.

When asked by WXTF what they would do in a similar situation, interviewees outside the train station all said they at least would have called 911.

“I’m shocked, shocked,” one woman said in regard to the injured cop, “’cause he’s a human being, too…right?”

“This is the City of Brotherly Love, and this is going on?” another interviewee said. “Crazy.”

Nestel says he’s “horrified” and “frightened” for his officers in the wake of these two incidents. “They go out every day, and they work really hard, and they try to make it safe for people…but they rely on people to help,” he told WTXF. “And we’re not getting that in return, and it’s starting to take its toll, and it’s really concerning me.”

Police say the officer who was pinned under the bench, Samuel Washington, has still not returned to work due to his injuries.

Anti Federalist
09-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Philly Transit Police Chief Surprised Witnesses did not call 911 to Report Cop getting Beat up

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/09/26/philly-transit-police-chief-surprised-witnesses-call-911-report-cop-getting-beat/

Philadelphia transit police are upset that people witnessing an officer getting beat up by an alleged fare jumper inside the subway system just stood by and watched without calling 911, including one person who pulled out a phone to video record the altercation.

Perhaps this was just a result of apathetic people expecting somebody else to take charge or maybe a deeper issue of the growing divisiveness we’ve seen between police officers and citizens that has surfaced over the last few years because online videos.

It’s impossible to tell without interviewing the actual witnesses but it’s a little surprising to hear the outraged response from the police chief when cops in this country have done nothing but create an us vs them mentality between cops and citizens.

This is evident by reading many of the comments in The Blaze’s article:

Personally, unless I knew a cop personally and he happened to be a real upstanding guy; I’d let him get beat up for a while. It serves all of them right for violating their oaths of office and violating the people whom they are supposed to be the servants of. I was raised to think well of the police. They came to my school and seemed like “nice guys” who were there for my protection. However, it is blatantly obvious that that has all been a ruse and that the police are just another arm of the gov’t seeking to fleece the public and indoctrinate us into total control.

Answer me this. Why is it that a man who tries to defend himself from a trained canine that tries to bite his throat, and ends up killing the dog; is charged with assault of a police officer or murder? Yet, when a swat team breaks into your home in the middle of the night to issue a search warrant (for suspicious saran wrap in your car, yes, it can be that innocuous), it is their SOP to shoot and kill any and all dogs in the home to ensure the “safety” of the officers involved?

you reap what you sew and the police have brought this upon themselves by their abusive unconstitutional actions over the past few years. they have maced, tased, assaulted, beaten, shot and even MURDERED innocent, unarmed men/women and children.
the worm is turning! and you ignored our pleas to uphold your oaths of office..

Figure it out cops, this is the future that I have been waiting for. You have intimidated and harrassed us long enough, NO OE cares if you get the crap beat out of you

I was raised to respect cops, and until about 5 years ago I did…but this quote right here, “until they determin otherwise” from you is my biggest problem…the fact is, our founding fathers would be APPALLED at the police state we have allowed to form. Having ANY local police force AT ALL outside a lone sheriff is flat out unconstitutional. You don’t get to determine when force escalates, YOU don’t get to say, “they determined otherwise”…stop STEALING my tax money and go get a real job. EVERY act of aggression you commit against a citizen is an act of tyranny and oppression.

In the past I would have automatically helped the officer but after three officers stormed my business pointing guns at me only to find out they had the wrong address, I would definitely want to know the situation and if the punk was in uniform or if it was the other guy!

I have to go to the last week when a man at a school board meeting was(in my eyes) accosted by a “cop” not only was the whole thing way over the top the “cop” piled on felony charges that would have placed a man railing against the frustration of not being able to control the wishes of the liberal mind set. And even the arrest was not valid.
A true LEO would have left him do his thing as he was not violent and moved him out in a respectful manner and handled it outside by just having him leave.
That cop I would love to have been in this situation.
Problem is that perp, had I been there, would have had a weapon pointed at him – am not going to allow a human like him or not be beat.

GOODSTUFF, I don’t hate cops, I just don’t trust them anymore, even my own brother in law & cousin that are cops. The way they are being trained these days by the progressives, militarizing their forces, we freedom loving, constitution abiding, conservative, libertarian, returning veteran, hard working americans are their enemy.

The comments go on and on and reveal a serious distrust and disregard for police officers in general, mainly because of personal experiences or videos they have seen.

I admit I would be the one video recording, not necessarily because I wouldn’t want to help the cop, but because pulling out my camera and recording is very instinctive for me, while dialing 911 is anything but.

In fact, my instinct is to avoid calling 911 at all costs because I don’t trust police enough not to turn me into a suspect when they arrive, which we have seen happen numerous times in the past.

And judging by the comments in the Blaze’s article as well as My Fox Philly, which originally reported the story, I am not alone in that sentiment.

And it’s unfortunate we feel this way because most of us are law-abiding citizens who would not physically fight a police officer.

We just no longer assume they are the good guys when we see them physically fighting a citizen.

Origanalist
09-27-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm going to go to bed now with a smile on my face.

Anti Federalist
09-27-2013, 10:54 PM
I wonder if Chief Nestel was as equally upset at the "standers by", while Oscar Grant was getting executed by a cop on a subway platform.

kcchiefs6465
09-27-2013, 10:56 PM
He would no doubt stand by as Regina Tasca was committed.

mad cow
09-27-2013, 10:59 PM
The comments to these articles are sounding more and more like the comments you posted.No matter if they are from a large city or small town newspaper,they sound more and more like us.

I have mentioned this before and I find this very encouraging.People are getting sick of this militarized,swat team,dog shooting etc,etc horse crap.

donnay
09-27-2013, 11:08 PM
They want to don the costume and play petty dictators...then the brotherhood become concerned when someone doesn't want to take their shit and puts a beating on them and others look the other way?

aGameOfThrones
09-27-2013, 11:21 PM
http://crimethinc.com/texts/images/police1.gif

In reverse, bitch.

Philhelm
09-28-2013, 01:09 AM
The only bad thing about this is that the people of Philadelphia will likely receive blowback from the police.

Thor
09-28-2013, 01:47 AM
“I’m shocked, shocked,” one woman said in regard to the injured cop, “’cause he’s a human being, too…right?”

Silly woman, pigs are not humans....

AlexAmore
09-28-2013, 02:08 AM
Is the ticket-scam suspect ok?

tod evans
09-28-2013, 03:05 AM
Karma's a bitch....:D

tod evans
09-28-2013, 03:34 AM
//

VBRonPaulFan
09-28-2013, 07:08 AM
The beatings will continue until morale improves =D

QuickZ06
09-28-2013, 07:13 AM
"Police Chief" I am frightened for my cops.....

I thought you work for us? So now they are your cops? And I am frightened as well, just not in the same sense.

phill4paul
09-28-2013, 07:34 AM
See something, say....................nothing.

Anti Federalist
09-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Need a merge, you beat me to it.

Although I like my headline better. :p

Anti Federalist
09-28-2013, 07:36 AM
blimp

daviddee
09-28-2013, 07:59 AM

thoughtomator
09-28-2013, 08:27 AM
If a citizen was being wrongly attacked by a cop, would another cop

a) help the citizen;
b) help the attacker; or
c) do nothing?

aGameOfThrones
09-28-2013, 08:59 AM

a) help the citizen;
b) help the attacker; or
c) do nothing?

D) shoot the citizen and then a dog.

daviddee
09-28-2013, 10:23 AM

bolil
09-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't these pigs understand that if they were actually making it safe for people that everyone would like them?

As it stands there is pretty near universal dislike for pigs and cops. That ticket was in the interest of that guys safety?

angelatc
09-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Is the ticket-scam suspect ok?

Does he need bail money?

satchelmcqueen
09-28-2013, 11:33 AM
the cops need to realize the public is tired of their shit. the tide is turning on them and i for one am thankful.

Dr.3D
09-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Looks to me like those people have learned not to talk to the cops.

youngbuck
09-28-2013, 12:28 PM

a) help the citizen;
b) help the attacker; or
c) do nothing?

Exactly.

mrsat_98
09-28-2013, 03:27 PM
See something, say....................nothing.

I think I would have to just go all Sargent Schultz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=23on them.

Dr.3D
09-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Need a merge, you beat me to it.

Although I like my headline better. :p

To make it easier for the mods....
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428899-PA-Philly-cops-get-beat-up-by-Mundanes-police-chief-outraged-nobody-called-911

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Oh, come on now. I'm sure those citizens were all ready to help, but couldn't. Maybe some were just busy (it's a fast-paced world, you know). Maybe some had packages in their hands. Maybe that friendly officer was wearing a Pittsburgh ball cap and it threw somebody off. Please Mr. Police Chief, give a us a second chance!

Anti Federalist
09-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Oh, come on now. I'm sure those citizens were all ready to help, but couldn't. Maybe some were just busy (it's a fast-paced world, you know). Maybe some had packages in their hands. Maybe that friendly officer was wearing a Pittsburgh ball cap and it threw somebody off. Please Mr. Police Chief, give a us a second chance!

We have been told, as useless and stupid Mundanes, that all trouble must be handled by Authority, and never to get involved in any Authority exercising his duties, under threat of arrest.

So, Policy Was Followed.

Mundane Safety was ensured.

Suck it.

Carson
09-28-2013, 04:57 PM
They've no longer have any right to protect themselves. Why would they endanger themselves further?

opal
09-28-2013, 05:08 PM
My second thought was...oh boy...those that posted comments ought to be watching their backs now
first thought ..well, that's pretty much a given

Czolgosz
09-28-2013, 05:12 PM
I think this is more akin to that little Chinese girl who gets run over by a car and nobody helps...because they simply don't want to get involved w/ the system.

Pericles
09-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Looks to me like those people have learned not to talk to the cops.

Thread winner

kcchiefs6465
09-28-2013, 05:48 PM
I think this is more akin to that little Chinese girl who gets run over by a car and nobody helps...because they simply don't want to get involved w/ the system.
Philadelphia hates cops probably more than I do so if I had to guess I'd say they all cheered, pulled out their camera phones, and yelled "WORLDSTARRRR" as the cop was being beaten.

The police treat them as another breed of citizenry and then act surprised when no one risks their safety to help out the protected caste.

Scrapmo
09-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Next step will be for bystanders to get involved.

Is the water boiling over yet?

tod evans
09-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Is the water boiling over yet?

Simmering I fear...

fisharmor
09-28-2013, 06:04 PM
http://attach.ozctcdn.com.au/attachments/wa-ambulance-jpg.59267/

presence
09-28-2013, 06:07 PM
there is video (that won't embed) of the incident at the source btw

There are HUNDREDS of

"philly cop beat" tubes of other "typical" cop beatings in philly:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=philadelphia+cops+beat&oq=philadelphia+cops+beat&gs_l=youtube.3..0.482132.497421.0.498589.26.13.2.1 1.11.0.244.1700.4j8j1.13.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtub e.tnuPwnID-uo

Philadelphia transit police are upset that people witnessing an officer getting beat up by an alleged fare jumper inside the subway system just stood by and watched without calling 911

must have been field negros
MALCOLM X: The House Negro and The Field Negro (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428961-MALCOLM-X-The-House-Negro-and-The-Field-Negro)

Czolgosz
09-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Philadelphia hates cops probably more than I do so if I had to guess I'd say they all cheered, pulled out their camera phones, and yelled "WORLDSTARRRR" as the cop was being beaten.

The police treat them as another breed of citizenry and then act surprised when no one risks their safety to help out the protected caste.

Is Philly a weird place? I get that impression every time I hear something about it.

presence
09-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Is Philly a weird place? I get that impression every time I hear something about it.

philly is indeed special

http://phillypride.org/gif/gaymap.png

http://phillypride.org/gayborhood.php

unconsious767
09-28-2013, 06:26 PM
The deceased Frank Rizzo is very sad today, very sad indeed.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2013, 11:24 AM
"More Than Just Ice Cream"

:confused:

:eek:

philly is indeed special

http://phillypride.org/gif/gaymap.png

http://phillypride.org/gayborhood.php

SeanTX
09-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Here's a good example of why you should never help a cop. This woman pulled a cop from a burning vehicle, and ended up being falsely accused of assaulting him and stealing his pistol, and she served 10 months :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-federal_jury_verdictjun13,0,4630555.story

Chicago and police officers lose case and $7.7 million for false arrest
Chicago Tribune
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 4:49:39 PM by LibWhacker

Woman pulled cop from wrecked car in 2002, but police said she stole service weapon

A trained nurse, Rachelle Jackson immediately ran toward the sound of the crash. A Chicago police car had collided with another vehicle and was starting to smoke, two officers still inside. Fearing an explosion, she quickly pulled one officer from the passenger side.She never imagined her act of kindness nearly six years ago would land her in jail for more than 10 months on charges that she robbed, battered and disarmed a peace officer.

Jackson filed a lawsuit, and on Thursday a federal jury found against the city and several Chicago police officers, awarding Jackson $7.7 million for false arrest, malicious prosecution, coercive questioning and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

"I'm going to go home and lie down for a little bit," an ecstatic Jackson, 41, said after the verdict. "I feel relieved. I'm happy, and I'm thanking God."

The case began in November 2002, when a car ran a stop sign in Jackson's neighborhood, slamming into the squad car. Jackson was walking nearby and rushed to the scene. When she arrived, the officer behind the wheel was unconscious and the passenger, Officer Kelly Brogan, was dazed.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Here's a good example of why you should never help a cop. This woman pulled a cop from a burning vehicle, and ended up being falsely accused of assaulting him and stealing his pistol, and she served 10 months :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-federal_jury_verdictjun13,0,4630555.story

Never touch a member of the Enforcement Class.

God help me, but I'd think twice, and maybe let the bacon burn.

(Not really, damn it. I'm too much of a good Samaritan.)

J_White
09-30-2013, 05:00 AM
Cop Beaten Up on Camera While Bystanders Watch

now that they are on the receiving end, they are "scared" ?

aGameOfThrones
09-30-2013, 08:54 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

phill4paul
10-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Only a matter of time until they track the phones of those in the station at that specific time and place and charge them as an accomplice to a crime.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Only a matter of time until they track the phones of those in the station at that specific time and place and charge them as an accomplice to a crime.

Get out of my head!

better-dead-than-fed
10-01-2013, 07:08 AM
(Not really, damn it. I'm too much of a good Samaritan.)

You have the Stockholm syndrome. Think of the people you would help by just walking away?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Never did find a video on this. You know the pigs are afraid to release it for fear the masses will get stirred up.

Did the suspect yell "Stop resisting!" as he was beating the cop?

Thor
10-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Never did find a video on this. You know the pigs are afraid to release it for fear the masses will get stirred up.

Did the suspect yell "Stop resisting!" as he was beating the cop?

Here is the news report, that has a bit of video from the incident inside the news video.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/23519136/septa-cop-struggles-with-alleged-fare-jumper

Looks like the officer was strong arming him and got the tables turned.... @ 0:37 seconds

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Ah, I missed that. Thought it was just still shots. Thanks.

Either way: Fuckin' A! "Chief" Nestel: Fuck him. Nestel: Fuck you.

aGameOfThrones
10-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Here is the news report, that has a bit of video from the incident inside the news video.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/23519136/septa-cop-struggles-with-alleged-fare-jumper

Looks like the officer was strong arming him and got the tables turned.... @ 0:37 seconds

Cop hit him first from what I saw. It was probably one of those contempt of cop justifiable beating your ass, but he messed with the wrong mundane.