PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Mace Money Bomb

Mr.NoSmile
09-27-2013, 06:21 PM
So according to her Facebook campaign page, Mace is doing a money bomb, as there are 72 hours until the FEC deadline:

Mark your calendars. The Mace Money Bomb starts at midnight tonight. We will have 72 hours until the FEC deadline and want to send Lindsey Graham a message! #macemoneybomb

https://www.facebook.com/nancymace.org?fref=ts

qh4dotcom
09-27-2013, 06:24 PM
Only liberty candidates should be using the term "money bomb". Is she one of them?

CaseyJones
09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Only liberty candidates should be using the term "money bomb". Is she one of them?

no, moved to general

Kotin
09-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Lee Bright. That is all.

Mr.NoSmile
09-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Either's better than Graham, really. That goes without saying.

CaseyJones
09-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Either's better than Graham, really. That goes without saying.

I agree with that

nobody's_hero
09-27-2013, 06:54 PM
I just don't see her having the clout or recognition to take on Graham. Tom Davis and Lee Bright are absolutely adored by the grassroots in SC (particularly Tom Davis, I wish he had decided on a run).

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if a state senator like Bright moves into the U.S. Senate, there will be a void in the state senate and we could try Mace for that seat. It would make more sense because all the momentum for opposing Graham seems to have built up behind Bright anyway.

Mr.NoSmile
09-27-2013, 07:01 PM
If you compare both their Facebook pages, both of them are making plenty of noise about Graham. Less so with Richard Cash, which is odd since he was the first to officially declare. And I agree on the point about her potentially running for a State Senate seat should Bright win, or Bright just retaining his seat should Mace win. We just don't know yet. As always, since the priority is unseating Graham, I imagine all three competitors are targeting their ire towards Graham, as they should.

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I believe that Tom Davis is close to Mace. Either Bright or Mace is a vast improvement over Grahamcracker.

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2013, 08:43 PM
And Bright is having a fund raising drive right now too. As is Greg Brannon.

MichaelDavis
09-27-2013, 10:19 PM
http://image.b4in.net/resources/2013/09/18/1379527444-LeeBrightSC.jpg

Lee Bright U.S. Senate 2014.

Origanalist
09-27-2013, 10:30 PM
http://image.b4in.net/resources/2013/09/18/1379527444-LeeBrightSC.jpg

Lee Bright U.S. Senate 2014.

From a hit piece..

Bright’s other “conservative ideals” include:
1. Letting high schools teach students to shoot guns. Explaining that “the more guns we have the safer we are,” Bright authored a bill last month to create high school courses on how to use a fire arm and the history of the Second Amendment. “The more training we can get on the history of our nation, the founding of our nation, the better,” he argued, also claiming that the Newtown tragedy could have been stopped if someone else present had been armed. He also proposed a bill to exempt all South Carolina-made guns from any federal safety regulations and likened gun control to a ban on “swimming pools and hot dogs.”
2. Anyone enforcing federal health care law should get a year in jail. Bright’s S. 102 would attempt to simply declare the federal Obamacare law null in South Carolina — a blatantly unconstitutional move — and make it a crime for any federal official who knowingly “attempts to enforce any aspect of the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act” a crime, subject to “up to one year in prison.”
3. Banning public funding for abortion for victims of rape and incest. Bright has repeatedly sought to ban public funding for abortions in cases of rape and incest. After he agreed to a compromise that allowed the procedures to be covered by the premiums paid by state employees, Bright observed that, “It took 46 years to end the slave trade … in Europe and England,” and banning all abortions would similarly “be a long process.”
4. Opposing funding for rape crisis centers. Bright was one of just two Senators to vote against overriding Gov. Nikki Haley’s (R) controversial veto of nearly half a million dollars for rape crisis centers. Haley called the proposal a distraction and a “special add-on” benefiting only a small percentage of the population.
5. Pushing for South Carolina to adopt its own currency. Claiming that the state needs “some kind of backup” in case the population should “lose faith in the dollar,” Bright filed a bill calling for a study on the creation of a South Carolina state currency based on “gold or silver, or both.”
6. Supporting secession. Bright sponsored a resolution to affirm South Carolina’s sovereignty, asserting state’s rights. “If at first you don’t secede, try again,” he joked.
7. Opposing “Sharia law.” Bright co-sponsored an Islamophobic bill to ban the use of Islamic law in South Carolina courts, though there was no evidence that any had ever done so.
Though he touts himself as a “fiscal and social conservative” and criticized President Obama for not mentioning the national debt in this second inaugural, Bright’s On Time Trucking has reportedly faced tax liens and foreclosure.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/08/13/1537021/meet-south-carolina-senate-candidate-lee-bright/

Brian4Liberty
09-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Moneybomb bump!

Brian4Liberty
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM