PDA

View Full Version : It begins.... (or should I say "it continues"??)

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Top of center column of Drudge:

PHOTO: Ted Cruz Kneels in Prayer Outside White House....

http://www.cbn.com/CBNNews_Files/images13/blogs/cruzpraying.jpg

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 11:58 AM
No PR stunt here! Move along, people.

Acala
09-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Gag

limequat
09-27-2013, 12:02 PM
That seals it for me. You'd never see Ron Paul pulling a stunt like that.

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 12:02 PM
According to the accompanying article (from CBN.com :rolleyes:) the 3 of them were praying for "Saeed Abedini, who has been in an Iranian prison for one year."

Fine, but there's only one reason to do this THERE, in front of the White House...and it's cheesy.

Carlybee
09-27-2013, 12:06 PM
ugh

ZENemy
09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
the fuck is this?

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 12:09 PM
the fuck is this?

I think it's called a photo opportunity. :rolleyes:

AuH20
09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Good for Ted Cruz. I'm a Catholic who has gone rogue but I have no problem with this. This is still America? Right?

MRK
09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
what is this i dont even

Cabal
09-27-2013, 12:12 PM
I like how they all have their handy little prayer pads. Government issued?

V3n
09-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe they're trying to find their spatula! :D

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Good for Ted Cruz. I'm a Catholic who has gone rogue but I have no problem with this. This is still America? Right?

Oh come on....:rolleyes:

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get." ~ Matthew 6:5, NLT

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Maybe they're trying to find their spatula! :D

LOL!!

thoughtomator
09-27-2013, 12:24 PM

"When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get." ~ Matthew 6:5, NLT

I remember, back in the day I frequented houses of religion, there was one prayer that particularly stuck out at me, as it was a prayer for sinners (hate the sin love the sinner type), and it seamlessly included "the self-righteous" along with all other seedy behaviors.

Acala
09-27-2013, 12:28 PM

Yes, and this right here is a perfect illustration of what is rotten at the core of America. False piety and a population too stupid to not see through it.

Deborah K
09-27-2013, 12:30 PM

The jury is still out for me on Cruz. I don't think he's a hypocrite. And if this is a stunt, it backfired. He would have to be pretty stupid to think this gains him any ground with anyone other than staunch religious republicans - (preaching to the choir?)

Maybe he just doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks, and is going to do what he believes is the right thing at the moment.

YesI'mALiberal
09-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh, he's in it to win it, for sure.

On a Thursday conference call, a group of House conservatives consulted with Senator Ted Cruz of Texas about how to respond to the leadership’s fiscal strategy. Sources who were on the call say Cruz strongly advised them to oppose it, and hours later, Speaker John Boehner’s plan fizzled.

It’s the latest example of Cruz leading the House’s right flank.
Leadership sources, for their part, are startled by Cruz’s attempt to shape House strategy and work against the speaker. They knew he’d oppose Boehner’s playbook, but they didn’t expect him to huddle with conservatives and ask them to ignore it. So, Cruz’s meetings have made him a key House player, but they’ve worsened his already-fraught relationship with the leadership.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/359717/cruz-house-conservatives-oppose-boehner-robert-costa

Lucille
09-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Matthew 6:5: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

09-27-2013, 12:48 PM
That seals it for me. You'd never see Ron Paul pulling a stunt like that.

Ron didn't win. PR stunts work on the small minded unfortunately. Rand went to the western wall and wore the little hat, it's one of those stupid things you have to do for the non-intelligent voters.

Demigod
09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
White man kneel on foam,black guy kneels on cement.RACIST

limequat
09-27-2013, 01:55 PM
White man kneel on foam,black guy kneels on cement.RACIST

Actually, it's cool. Black dude has no feet.

Double actually, you can just see the corner of his prayer rug too.

Deborah K
09-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Does anyone else think he resembles a young bill murray in that pic?

http://i43.tinypic.com/11hupo9.jpg

ronpaulfollower999
09-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Disgusting.

My like for Cruz has gone down a lot this month. He's just a useful tool sometimes, as far as I'm concerned.

Red Green
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Those knee pads sure will come in handy when they visit their Zionist masters in private.....

Tod
09-27-2013, 02:37 PM
*sigh* This looks an awful lot like a stunt that GW would have pulled.

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Does anyone else think he resembles a young bill murray in that pic?

http://i43.tinypic.com/11hupo9.jpg

now that you mention it! LOL

cajuncocoa
09-27-2013, 02:38 PM
*sigh* This looks an awful lot like a stunt that GW would have pulled.

Yes....yes it does.

OT, but with Bud Selig's retirement announced last night I heard GW is one of the names being considered to replace him as baseball commish. Yikes.

Teenager For Ron Paul
09-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Public prayer :rolleyes:

jclay2
09-27-2013, 04:04 PM
This makes me think of the prayer scene from House of Cards with Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey). These politicians truly are disgusting. Anyone who thinks that this or his speech were genuine is fooling themselves. Notice how he is now #1 in the republican presidential polls? Connect the dots folks. This man is a snake, trying to use the conservative/libertarian parts of the republicans as his fast pass to power. As he ascends the ranks of power, be prepared for him to turn his back on everything he supposedly stood for and line up hand in hand with the traditional one party power structure.