PDA

View Full Version : Police Shoot, Taze 67 year old Alzheimers Patient

angelatc
09-26-2013, 11:17 PM
https://www.courthousenews.com/2013/09/26/61509.htm

Note that her husband did not call the police. He called an Alzheimers Support line, and they "helped."

As her husband begged them to "put the gun away," Texas police repeatedly shot and Tasered a demented 67-year-old woman because she wouldn't drop a letter opener, then told the husband they had "saved his ass," the man claims.

David Seyfried sued the City of Lewisville Police Department and six of its officers in Federal Court, for his wife Dolores Seyfried.

Seyfried says he called the Dallas Alzheimer's Association hotline after "Dolores had become agitated with (him) and had a four [to] five-inch letter opener in her hand" at their home in Lewisville, a Dallas suburb.

The Dallas Alzheimer's Association then contacted Lewisville police without his consent, Seyfried claims.

Defendant Lewisville Officers George Reed and Sgt. Courtney Letalien arrived as David tried to calm Delores down in their back yard, the husband says.

"Letalien immediately attempted to remove David from the back yard while holding an orange shotgun in his hand," the complaint states. "David became very upset once he saw the shotgun and believed at that time that there was no need for such measures. David repeatedly pleaded with Letalien to 'put the gun away' and explained that he can calm her down and that no force would be needed.

"David did not believe that Delores posed a threat to anyone and even explained to the officer that he had not been stabbed as reported to officers by the DAA. Letalien forced David to the front of the house so he could not see what was happening with his wife."

David says that as he argued with Letalien, Reed shot Delores with a Taser.

"When Delores did not fall, Letalien immediately shot Delores with the less lethal shotgun at her thigh," the complaint states. "When once again Delores did not fall or release the letter opener, Letalien shot Delores once again in the other thigh. The second round did knock Delores to the ground but she was able to get back on her feet. Defendants allege that Delores maintained her hand on the letter opener during this time. When Delores turned to walk away from the officers, Letalien shot Delores a third time in the left buttocks with the shotgun. When the third round did not cause Delores to fall, Letalien switched to his Taser and deployed a cartridge with one probe hitting Delores in the back and the other hitting her on her right buttocks. Letalien found this force to be 'effective' when she fell to the ground."

Reed then tried to step on her wrist to handcuff her, David says, and thinking she was resisting, Reed Tasered her again.

After an ambulance took Delores to the hospital, David says, the police "declared 'exigent circumstances' and searched their home against his objections."

"While David continued to shout his disapproval at the officers, he was told that they 'saved his ass today,'" the complaint states.

heavenlyboy34
09-26-2013, 11:36 PM
da fuq? :eek: :mad: Fucking animals!

aGameOfThrones
09-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Never call the police... Oh wait... Fuck... Fuck... Fuck...

Mani
09-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Never call the police... Oh wait... Fuck... Fuck... Fuck...

Damn..Now it's...Never the police, and never call someone that might call the police....WTF.

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2013, 12:10 AM
"David did not believe that Delores posed a threat to anyone and even explained to the officer that he had not been stabbed as reported to officers by the DAA. Letalien forced David to the front of the house so he could not see what was happening with his wife."

And there we have it. Another case of someone or the Police dispatch getting the story wrong, and the responding Officers acting as though the false report is true, even when it is obviously wrong.

bolil
09-27-2013, 12:22 AM
So the Alzheimer hot line swats Alzheimer sufferers...

What the fuck. Tragic Irony abounds.

tod evans
09-27-2013, 03:32 AM
I hope this story wakes up a few more....

Anti Federalist
09-27-2013, 05:55 AM
And there we have it. Another case of someone or the Police dispatch getting the story wrong, and the responding Officers acting as though the false report is true, even when it is obviously wrong.

Nobody got anything wrong.

"Tactical Unit Bravo was dispatched from the Green Zone on report of a belligerent hostile.

Upon arrival at the hooch, hostile was found to be non compliant and armed.

Hostile was neutralized.

Unit safety was ensured, policy was followed.

Clean up crew notified.

Mission accomplished.

RTB."

DGambler
09-27-2013, 06:01 AM
http://www.ukagriculture.com/livestock/images/pigs_breeding.jpeg

Mani
09-27-2013, 06:48 AM
"As her husband begged them to "put the gun away," Texas police repeatedly shot and Tasered a demented 67-year-old woman because she wouldn't drop a letter opener, then told the husband they had "saved his ass," the man claims.

I just saved your ass...I'm a God Damn Hero....How about some respect for that old man!? You better appreciate it you fucking mundane before you end up like her.

Origanalist
09-27-2013, 07:02 AM
It's too early for this shit. maybe I should limit my doses of reality to after work.

tod evans
09-27-2013, 07:06 AM
It's too early for this shit. maybe I should limit my doses of reality to after work.

What better way to start the day than with some "brave" tax-tick torturing an old demented woman?

angelatc
09-27-2013, 08:50 AM
What better way to start the day than with some "brave" tax-tick torturing an old demented woman?

Its a guy named Courtney doing the bullying. I blame his parents.

Lucille
09-27-2013, 08:56 AM
If I get Alzheimer's or dementia, you can either put me on an ice floe or call the cops to come help me. (BIRM)

tod evans
09-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Its a guy named Courtney doing the bullying. I blame his parents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY

tod evans
09-27-2013, 08:57 AM
double post

mrsat_98
09-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Tax tick, best one I have heard all week.

Origanalist
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
"While David continued to shout his disapproval at the officers, he was told that they 'saved his ass today,'" the complaint states.

How much further is this shit going to go? What the hell happened to my country? When am I going to start reading about people responding in kind?

fr33
09-27-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm refraining from saying what the husband was justified in doing in retaliation.

fr33
09-29-2013, 04:24 PM
A blogger at the Dallas Observer reposted it: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/09/67-year-old_alzheimers_patient.php

aGameOfThrones
09-29-2013, 07:08 PM
A blogger at the Dallas Observer reposted it: http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/09/67-year-old_alzheimers_patient.php

An Apologist from the blog:

lubaleta 3 days ago

People with more than one brain cell that rub together know that even a 125# little old lady with Altzheimer's can be as strong as an ox and takes stonger measures because you cannot reason with them. It sounds to me like the officer was protecting not only the woman from herself, but her husband from her. I personally wouldn't want to be facing a public like the critics below and risk my life, day after day for you.

Oh, and WTF!

Instead, Letalien and another officer tased Delores twice -- once in the thigh, once in the right buttocks -- and shot her three times with the "less lethal" orange shotgun, presumably firing rubber bullets or beanbags, before they were able to subdue and handcuff her, according to the suit.

Delores suffered a broken wrist and severe bruising. Doctors closed a cut on her chin with stitches. The gash on her head required 17 staples. Seyfried says officers responded to his complaints of excessive force by telling him they'd "saved his ass today."

That could be your Grandmother.

heavenlyboy34
09-29-2013, 07:21 PM
An AF writealike posted there in the comments:

chasmaniac (http://www.myvoicenation.com/chasmaniac)3 days ago

I'm really troubled by this attitude that the police have which is put into the form of a motto "Whatever it takes to get home". Any number of abuses and outright crimes can be justified with this way of thinking.
What happened to 'To Protect and to Serve' ? Seriously ?
Yes, police have a tough job, but to be honest, the job isn't really that dangerous when its compared to other jobs. According to the Department of Labor and Statistics ( as of 2010 ) Police didn't even make the top ten of most dangerous jobs, and that almost half of the police deaths were the results of traffic accidents, and those weren't due to high speed chases.
The garbage man (sanitation worker) has a more dangerous job than your typical LEO, but do you hear about any cases of the trash guy abusing your rights, or shooting you because your trash bags were too heavy ?
Prehaps their new motto - cops I mean, not sanitation workers - should be "I'm going home tonight, over your bruised, battered or dead body if need be" but I suppose that doesn't evoke that Officer Friendly feeling with the public.

Perhaps it was AF? :eek:

Anti Federalist
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
An AF writealike posted there in the comments:

Perhaps it was AF? :eek:

Wasn't me, but pleased to see it.

fr33
09-29-2013, 08:51 PM
At least we have the names of the abusive officers. All too often the media refuses to print their names.

Mani
09-29-2013, 11:53 PM
An Apologist from the blog:

Oh, and WTF!

lubaleta 3 days ago

People with more than one brain cell that rub together know that even a 125# little old lady with Altzheimer's can be as strong as an ox and takes stonger measures because you cannot reason with them. It sounds to me like the officer was protecting not only the woman from herself, but her husband from her. I personally wouldn't want to be facing a public like the critics below and risk my life, day after day for you.

That could be your Grandmother.

I'm not going to click on that and get my blood boiling from reading comments like Lubaleta.

So this person is scared of Super Ox Strength Grandmothers? Seriously? He's scared grandma's too strong and she might crush the officers heads together with her bare arms?

Biggest fucking pussy comment I've ever heard in my life. Most of the elderly people I've dealt with their bones are so fragile, they break a bone so easily. My grandmother broke a bone in her foot from stepping wrong.

What kind of a person could actually defend shooting up grandma armed with a letter opener???