PDA

View Full Version : Senate will vote on cloture and CR Friday, 12:30 pm ET

tsai3904
09-26-2013, 03:47 PM

1. Cloture on H. J. Res. 59, the CR;
2. Motion to Waive the Budget Act with respect to H. J. Res. 59, the CR;
3. Reid substitute amendment #1974 (strike Obamacare and prioritization language; CR expires Nov. 15); and
4. Passage of H. J. Res. 59, the CR, as amended, if amended

Here's a list of Republican Senators' positions on cloture:

http://www.dontfundobamacare.com/

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Please view the following video

Starting at 11:27 to hear Senator Ted Cruz enter Colloquy with Senators Harry Reid, Corker and Durbin and CORRECTS the errors being passed around on the vote the other day, his filibuster, and the vote on cloture that is to take place tomorrow.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Continues-Debate-on-the-CR-with-Monday-deadline-to-Fund-Government/10737441638-9/

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 04:25 PM
IF you watch the video of todays exchange (that I posted above in post #2) between Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Corker you will see the childish games that the senator from Tennessee is playing in order to fund ObamaCare but make it appear that he is not because Sen Corker will vote for cloture but not for the amended bill, which will pass because 51 democrats are going to pass it, and then the Amended bill.

Ted Cruz is tearing them up, but they, the GOP senators, refuse to acknowledge their own foolishness that they are trying to pass on to the public as representation.

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Please RT:

09-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Collins was quoted in the paper here as not wanting a shutdown so I'd venture a guess she is going to support cloture.

This whole thing is symbolic, they are beating a dead horse. Nothing can be done about obamacare until the GOP takes the senate and presidency or it fails on it own.

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Here's another to RT:

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Collins was quoted in the paper here as not wanting a shutdown so I'd venture a guess she is going to support cloture.

This whole thing is symbolic, they are beating a dead horse. Nothing can be done about obamacare until the GOP takes the senate and presidency or it fails on it own.

No, it won't happen if the GOP gets the senate, because they have no spine. If they did, they would follow @SenTedCruz and @SenMikeLee right now!

Paulbot99
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I just wish there would be a government shutdown. Maybe it'd convince people that saddling the next generation with unpayable debt is a bad thing.

Rudeman
09-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Looking at the list there's already 12 Republicans supporting Cloture, which is more than enough for Reid and the Democrats.

HOLLYWOOD
09-26-2013, 05:27 PM
@14:50 Senator Bob Corker reveals his true colors... the man is despicable... and a clever bastard. That belittling "A couple of members sending emails around the world are turning this into a circus" Ahhhhh, the masterful art of flipping the issue onto the very people revealing the game plan.

Please view the following video

Starting at 11:27 to hear Senator Ted Cruz enter Colloquy with Senators Harry Reid, Corker and Durbin and CORRECTS the errors being passed around on the vote the other day, his filibuster, and the vote on cloture that is to take place tomorrow.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Continues-Debate-on-the-CR-with-Monday-deadline-to-Fund-Government/10737441638-9/

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 05:35 PM
@14:50 Senator Bob Corker reveals his true colors... the man is despicable... and a clever bastard. That belittling "A couple of members sending emails around the world are turning this into a circus" Ahhhhh, the masterful art of flipping the issue onto the very people revealing the game plan.

It's absolutely disgusting. The more you learn, the easier it is to see the blatant lies and corruption of the people in government and the mainstream media. It's is amazing that they have gotten away with this for so long.

09-26-2013, 05:40 PM
No, it won't happen if the GOP gets the senate, because they have no spine. If they did, they would follow @SenTedCruz and @SenMikeLee right now!

Not true. The republican senators supporting cloture right now have that position because they know it is impossible to defund obamacare and don't want a shutdown. If the GOP was the majority they would defund it. Spine has nothing to do with this, defunding is impossible right now.

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Not true. The republican senators supporting cloture right now have that position because they know it is impossible to defund obamacare and don't want a shutdown. If the GOP was the majority they would defund it. Spine has nothing to do with this, defunding is impossible right now.

No, it's not impossible except for the establishment GOP in the senate. Read @1836er's post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428752-Ted-Cruz-Votes-To-Move-Forward-Bill-He-Fake-Filibustered-For-21-Hours&p=5243569&viewfull=1#post5243569) and listen to the video of the colloquy today between Cruz and Corker that I have blasted around on every thread that poped up on the subject (post #6 in this thread). The GOP could force Reid's hand.

edit: And @jj and @CaptLouAlbano have been posting educational posts on the subject as well, but who reads?

Brett85
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
IF you watch the video of todays exchange (that I posted above in post #2) between Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Corker you will see the childish games that the senator from Tennessee is playing in order to fund ObamaCare but make it appear that he is not because Sen Corker will vote for cloture but not for the amended bill, which will pass because 51 democrats are going to pass it, and then the Amended bill.

Ted Cruz is tearing them up, but they, the GOP senators, refuse to acknowledge their own foolishness that they are trying to pass on to the public as representation.

Yeah, I think you're correct on that point. It's basically just a way for Corker and other Republicans to say that they're opposed to Obamacare without actually doing anything that could actually get rid of it.

1836er
09-26-2013, 06:29 PM
I think, unfortunately, what so many are missing is the fact that this fight right here (the last chance to stop Obamacare) is the fight the tea party movement has building up to for the last four years. Not only is this fight hugely important for that reason alone, even more so it is THE FIGHT that will shape the direction of the GOP and who leads it for years to come. For millions upon millions upon millions of Republicans/conservative voters who have been active in tea party rallies since 2009 and getting involved in trying to take over the GOP at the grassroots level since then this is the only political fight of the last half-decade that really, really matters or will likely really, really matter for some time to come.

Right now is the opportunity for a triumverate of Paul/Cruz/Lee to TAKE OVER THE leadership of the Republican Party. Let me repeat that. This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME CONFLUENCE OF DEVELOPMENTS ENABLING THE BEST LIBERTY MINDED SENATOR IN OVER HALF A CENTURY (who just happens to be Ron Paul's son - and if he takes advantage of it) to, in the hearts and minds of tens of millions of conservatives/Republicans become the moral/spiritual leader of their party and their movement to "restore America."

Even if their effort to defund Obamacare ultimately fails, in fact even more likely if it does fail, Paul/Cruz/Lee will be the leaders that untold millions of voters will look to going forward to take on both the establishment of the GOP and the Democrats, and one of them (whomever amongst the three they choose to throw their support behind for POTUS in 2016 assuming they continue to work as a team) will almost assuredly be the top-tier conservative choice to take on the establishment's choice.

And this time around, and I firmly believe this having been around lots of Republican voters for a long time, Paul/Cruz/Lee will have a very good chance of winning the nomination. I promise you, if Rand plays his cards right... in Texas for example.... pretty much every single person who voted for Cruz over Dewhearst in last year's Senate race in (you should have heard the boos that establishment hack got on the floor of the state convention) will vote for Rand if he's the conservative choice supported by his teammates Cruz/Lee. And, it won't matter if they call him an "isolationist" and it won't matter if they call him a "whacko bird." In fact, everytime they lump Paul in with Cruz/Lee or call him a "whacko bird" he'll only be winning more votes against the establishment's choice.

I'm pretty sure Rand didn't want it to be here and now... but whether he likes it or not this is his Rubicon moment.

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I think, unfortunately, what so many are missing is the fact that this fight right here (the last chance to stop Obamacare) is the fight the tea party movement has building up to for the last four years. Not only is this fight hugely important for that reason alone, even more so it is THE FIGHT that will shape the direction of the GOP and who leads it for years to come. For millions upon millions upon millions of Republicans/conservative voters who have been active in tea party rallies since 2009 and getting involved in trying to take over the GOP at the grassroots level since then this is the only political fight of the last half-decade that really, really matters or will likely really, really matter for some time to come.

Right now is the opportunity for a triumverate of Paul/Cruz/Lee to TAKE OVER THE leadership of the Republican Party. Let me repeat that. This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME CONFLUENCE OF DEVELOPMENTS ENABLING THE BEST LIBERTY MINDED SENATOR IN OVER HALF A CENTURY (who just happens to be Ron Paul's son - and if he takes advantage of it) to, in the hearts and minds of tens of millions of conservatives/Republicans become the moral/spiritual leader of their party and their movement to "restore America."

Even if their effort to defund Obamacare ultimately fails, in fact even more likely if it does fail, Paul/Cruz/Lee will be the leaders that untold millions of voters will look to going forward to take on both the establishment of the GOP and the Democrats, and one of them (whomever amongst the three they choose to throw their support behind for POTUS in 2016 assuming they continue to work as a team) will almost assuredly be the top-tier conservative choice to take on the establishment's choice.

And this time around, and I firmly believe this having been around lots of Republican voters for a long time, Paul/Cruz/Lee will have a very good chance of winning the nomination. I promise you, if Rand plays his cards right... in Texas for example.... pretty much every single person who voted for Cruz over Dewhearst in last year's Senate race in (you should have heard the boos that establishment hack got on the floor of the state convention) will vote for Rand if he's the conservative choice supported by his teammates Cruz/Lee. And, it won't matter if they call him an "isolationist" and it won't matter if they call him a "whacko bird." In fact, everytime they lump Paul in with Cruz/Lee or call him a "whacko bird" he'll only be winning more votes against the establishment's choice.

I'm pretty sure Rand didn't want it to be here and now... but whether he likes it or not this is his Rubicon moment.

Bump for this ^^^ because I agree that this could be the Rand/Cruz/Lee moment that propels them, if Rand will step in there now.