PDA

View Full Version : Grandstand: Ted's Cruzade Doomed to Fail

RonPaulFanInGA
09-26-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/25/The-Nuclear-Option-Excommunication

WASHINGTON—I consider myself an unapologetic Tea Party Patriot.

I brush my teeth with red, white, and blue toothpaste. I have the entire line of Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Mike Lee Super Hero action figures. I will start buying Wheaties again when they put Sarah Palin on the box. And I have always been strongly in favor of shutting down the federal government as long as it takes for these clowns to slash the size of government down to what we can afford.

And then tack on another 10-month shut-down for the EPA just to give them a little taste of their own medicine.

But here is where I got to get off the crazy train. This bamboozling head fake of a parliamentary charade led by Ted Cruz and company that they say will somehow defund Obamacare by not actually defunding Obamacare is just plain nuts.

Now, don't get me wrong. I have always deeply admired Ted Cruz and what he stands for. I still do. And I share his stated goal of killing Obamacare before it destroys this great country. But his "plan" that will unfold this week on the Senate floor is nothing more than a parliamentary pratfall.

If you have any doubt about it, then consider this: Ted Cruz begged House Republicans to defund Obamacare. The House GOP did as Cruz requested and—for the umpteenth time—went on record overwhelmingly rejecting Obamacare and sent it over to the Senate.

So what does Ted Cruz do when that bill reaches the Senate? Rally his troops to vote for it and declare victory? Vote for it quietly and go home?

Nope. Ted Cruz is actually taking the bill he begged House Republicans to draft and pass that defunds Obamacare and he is filibustering it. That's right, he is mounting the barricades to kill the very legislation he asked for.

This sure isn't how they do things back in Texas. Sounds more like something folks in Washington would think up.

The reason so many of us admire Ted Cruz is that he is a serious man. He makes honest arguments. He is a devoted Constitutionalist. Congress needs more people like him.

But this game of Kamikaze checkers he is playing on the Senate floor is doomed for failure. If he does not know this, then he is not the astute Constitutionalist we thought he was. If he does know this, then he is not being the honest man we thought he was.

Look, take to the barricades and demand that Obamacare be repealed as House Republicans have done dozens of times. Raise tons of money for the effort to undo Obamacare. Even bask in the klieg lights defiant dissent. We will leap to our feet and cheer every time you punch Obamacare in the nose.

But don't grandstand and peddle false promises that somehow this insane non-strategy is going to somehow stop Obamacare.

For too long, Americans have been misled and betrayed by false prophets. Washington seems to specialize in them. The Republican Party establishment still has not been forgiven for decades of their decadent spending.

And for too long, we have gathered up our pitch forks and spewed our bile all over the floor. All to no avail.

The only way to undo Obamacare is at the polls. Those in the Senate who voted for it must be punished and replaced with new senators who will approve long-standing House legislation to kill it. Then a new president must be elected to sign that legislation. Anything else is just talk.

Cruz himself, as he so often does, had a very fine observation about Washington when he began his marathon talk fest Tuesday afternoon.

"It's all wrestling matches where it's all rigged," he said. "The outcome is predetermined and it's all for show.

enhanced_deficit
09-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Cruz Control didn't change any minds unfortunately.
An unintended benefit out of this seemingly futile exercise may have been that it put tiny cracks in future "bi-partisan Iran invasion" coalition of GOP-Dem-TeaParty-neoconwings .

I try to see the good in everything.

#MakeSWCListen

cajuncocoa
09-26-2013, 11:25 AM
The first 2 paragraphs gave me the creeps....couldn't go on.

enhanced_deficit
09-26-2013, 11:27 AM
The first 2 paragraphs gave me the creeps....couldn't go on.

You clearly don't brush your teeth with red, white and blue toothpaste.

cajuncocoa
09-26-2013, 11:28 AM

clearly. :)

RonPaulFanInGA
09-26-2013, 11:37 AM

So you do not use Aquafresh?

http://truecouponing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/aquafresh.jpg

Dr.3D
09-26-2013, 11:40 AM
And all this time I thought the 21 hour speech was about voting for the bill. As I recall, it was even mentioned what he was doing was not a filibuster.

torchbearer
09-26-2013, 11:42 AM
As I recall, it was even mentioned what he was doing was not a filibuster.

that is correct, but that doesn't keep people from using it incorrectly in every news headline about ted's speech.
even 'libertarians' are doing it.

enhanced_deficit
09-26-2013, 11:43 AM
So you do not use Aquafresh?

Rarely. This is my current squeeze.

http://blog.dentist.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sensodyne-pronamel-fresh-wave-toothpaste.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=lCtYS9O6BqEYeM&tbnid=GehNDCtBTA8yqM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.dentist.net%2Fsensodyne-pronamel-fresh-wave-toothpaste-product-review%2F&ei=rXFEUrHZOcPA4APeu4GgAQ&bvm=bv.53217764,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNETVi_2MpdZidoRpqpTrEZwGzfw-g&ust=1380303624377192)

that is correct, but that doesn't keep people from using it incorrectly in every news headline about ted's speech.
even 'libertarians' are doing it.

Seems like vast majority of people do not understand what he accomplished.. or hoped to accomplish by giving a long speech all night while 99% of America slept.
He didn't have lot of goodwill for people to assume the best of intentions when gaps in his grand plan became visible. Peoples imaginations then fill the gaps.

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 12:31 PM
I guess the guy in the OP has been reading CNBC and CNN articles, because he seems to have it wrong just like they do.

He didn't filibuster the vote on the bill. He wants the bill passed, "As Is" from the house.

rich34
09-26-2013, 12:37 PM
All the man did was try to cut into Rand's support in the polls and whether it happens or not they'll make it happen like they did Santorum going from single digits in Iowa to 26 percent or so in two weeks time. The narrative has now been laid to cut into Rand's support while non of the other neocons will be affected. Just like the last poll taken in Iowa before Cruz was added Rand was gearing up to go in the 30 percent wise so they started adding Cruz to the mix to stabilize and even bring Rand's numbers down. The man is a snake!! But what else would you expect from a man that has a Bush chairing his PAC, and Goldman Sachs as his wife? But none of the Cruz blowhards around here will even address that, gee wonder why? Can you say exposed?

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 12:42 PM
All the man did was try to cut into Rand's support in the polls and whether it happens or not they'll make it happen like they did Santorum going from single digits in Iowa to 26 percent or so in two weeks time. The narrative has now been laid to cut into Rand's support while non of the other neocons will be affected. Just like the last poll taken in Iowa before Cruz was added Rand was gearing up to go in the 30 percent wise so they started adding Cruz to the mix to stabilize and even bring Rand's numbers down. The man is a snake!! But what else would you expect from a man that has a Bush chairing his PAC, and Goldman Sachs as his wife? But none of the Cruz blowhards around here will even address that, gee wonder why? Can you say exposed?

SMFH

rich34
09-26-2013, 01:44 PM
SMFH

Yeah, you'll be shaking your head wondering why Rand's dropping in the polls n no ones else's numbers will be affected...

For anyone that's been around since 07 they should know the tactics played by the party and the msm, this is one of them. After seeing the Christie attack not phase Rand now they're going to their backup plan, but I'm quite surprised they're going to it so early. He should have plenty of time to recover except he's going to have to expand his support since they're going to give turncoat Ted half. Rand's going to have his work cut out for him..

Dr.3D
09-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah, you'll be shaking your head wondering why Rand's dropping in the polls n no ones else's numbers will be affected...

For anyone that's been around since 07 they should know the tactics played by the party and the msm, this is one of them. After seeing the Christie attack not phase Rand now they're going to their backup plan, but I'm quite surprised they're going to it so early. He should have plenty of time to recover except he's going to have to expand his support since they're going to give turncoat Ted half. Rand's going to have his work cut out for him..
I pretty much thought Cruz was going to be running against Rand when it came down to 2016. I thought everybody would see that coming down the pike.

RickyJ
09-26-2013, 02:05 PM
I guess the guy in the OP has been reading CNBC and CNN articles, because he seems to have it wrong just like they do.

He didn't filibuster the vote on the bill. He wants the bill passed, "As Is" from the house.

Yeah but he knows they don't have the votes to pass it as is. If it is amended then it will go back to the House where they will throw it out and I suppose write a new bill defunding Obama Care. Until we get the votes in the Senate, there is no chance the bill will pass. If he put pressure on Dems to vote for the bill, then he accomplished something of value.

ClydeCoulter
09-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah but he knows they don't have the votes to pass it as is. If it is amended then it will go back to the House where they will throw it out and I suppose write a new bill defunding Obama Care. Until we get the votes in the Senate, there is no chance the bill will pass. If he put pressure on Dems to vote for the bill, then he accomplished something of value.

Do you know what he talked about during his not-filibuster. The vote for "No" on "cloture"? What that would do?

rich34
09-27-2013, 07:18 AM
I pretty much thought Cruz was going to be running against Rand when it came down to 2016. I thought everybody would see that coming down the pike.

Oh no, many around here especially in Rand's forum still do not believe he's going to run. They really think with a Bush chairing his PAC and being married to Goldman Sachs he's only trying to raise his profile. Yeah right, this is the snake that's going to divide the liberty movement and hand the nomination over to another liberal rhino, with friends like that sleeze ball who needs eminies..

ClydeCoulter
09-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Live Senate Coverage, NOW!

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

09-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Oh no, many around here especially in Rand's forum still do not believe he's going to run. They really think with a Bush chairing his PAC and being married to Goldman Sachs he's only trying to raise his profile. Yeah right, this is the snake that's going to divide the liberty movement and hand the nomination over to another liberal rhino, with friends like that sleeze ball who needs eminies..

Nah, ask anyone who voted for Ron, Rand is the first choice for 80-90% and about half of that would accept Cruz as a second choice. That's not dividing a thing.

rich34
09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Nah, ask anyone who voted for Ron, Rand is the first choice for 80-90% and about half of that would accept Cruz as a second choice. That's not dividing a thing.

Very true, but to the ones that are part of the hardcore neo base, I can very much see them abandoning Rand and going for Cruz. And aside from that you really don't believe that it's Ron's people only that are putting him out front do you?? If so Ron would have polled out near the front as Rand is doing so now. I sure hope Paul's staff is getting the dirt dug up on Cruz, but he'll if being married to Goldman Sachs and a shrub bush chairing his PAC ain't enough to change people's minds around these fora they certainly aren't changing the minds of the brain washed base...

Sola_Fide
09-27-2013, 12:52 PM
I thought I was the person who coined the term "Cruzade"? Guess not...

09-27-2013, 12:55 PM
Very true, but to the ones that are part of the hardcore neo base, I can very much see them abandoning Rand and going for Cruz. And aside from that you really don't believe that it's Ron's people only that are putting him out front do you?? If so Ron would have polled out near the front as Rand is doing so now. I sure hope Paul's staff is getting the dirt dug up on Cruz, but he'll if being married to Goldman Sachs and a shrub bush chairing his PAC ain't enough to change people's minds around these fora they certainly aren't changing the minds of the brain washed base...

I doubt they have opposition research on each other. The consensus seems to be that if Cruz ran, he would lose IA and NH and drop to endorse Rand. If they consolidate support they have 40% into the later states and Rand is almost unstoppable.