PDA

View Full Version : DONATE to get this pro-gun ad in SHOTGUN NEWS.. distributed at the SHOT-SHOW!!!

krott5333
11-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Okay folks. Us gun-owners are a huge demographic.

So please DONATE (http://gunads.chipin.com/advertisements-in-gun-magazines) to get the following ad in the January 20th edition of SHOTGUN NEWS. Tons of dealers get shotgun news. Lots of people read Shotgun News. And best of all, the Jan. 20th ed. is one of the few editions of the year that has the glossy cover, which usually sells more.. AND, there will be over 3,000 copies of the January 20th ed. distributed at the SHOT SHOW, which is the big manufacturer expo for all the new gun products!

the ad:

latest update... still in the works..

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/8555/capturedata3282342.jpg

donate here: http://gunads.chipin.com/advertisements-in-gun-magazines

:D

apc3161
11-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Is this different from the one the other day? Because I already donated to that one....

krott5333
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Is this different from the one the other day? Because I already donated to that one....

same one, but the mods wouldnt change the thread title. So I made a new thread.

thanks for donating!

Chase
11-28-2007, 04:18 PM
This is definitely a worthy project in need of our donations. Gun rights people tend to be politically active and the issue is polarizing for many... getting Ron Paul's flawless 2nd Amendment record out to those who believe in the 2nd Amendment the most can only bring new and needed exposure, especially at a time that practically all the other candidates are gun grabbers.

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 04:21 PM
This ad does not solve the major problem, which problem is:

Gun owners DO NOT KNOW that Giuliani, Thompson, McCain and Romney are ALL anti-gun.
You are providing a solution (Ron Paul) to a problem gun owners do not know exists. They must be told about the treason of the republican party and the NRA in supporting anti-gun candidates before they will wonder why they should vote for RP.

Energy
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Gun owners DO NOT KNOW that Giuliani, Thompson, McCain and Romney are ALL anti-gun.
You are providing a solution (Ron Paul) to a problem gun owners do not know exists. They must be told about the treason of the republican party and the NRA in supporting anti-gun candidates before they will wonder why they should vote for RP.

For ideas:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8998/img289nh3.jpg

krott5333
11-28-2007, 04:35 PM

hmm... interesting point.

let me look into that

Smiley Gladhands
11-28-2007, 04:44 PM

I'd chip into a different ad that addresses those issues.

We can't fit the right amount of words onto a page and convince people that Ron is the best pro-gun candidate while explaining how every other candidate fails in that regard. That's too much information to absorb in 1 ad.

However, if on the www.americansunitedforliberty.com website, when the "Candidates" section is created, if their anti-gun qualities are enumerated then someone who is willing to research further would be able to do so.

I'd just hate to fall into the trap of trying to do too much with 1 ad...I personally believe the current ad walks the line very well.

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 04:45 PM
How about big letters at the top of the ad that say something like:

Are You Ready to Give Up Your Guns?

These REPUBLICAN candidates for president want to take them: Giuliani - Romney - McCain - Thompson

etc., etc.

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
I'd chip into a different ad that addresses those issues.

We can't fit the right amount of words onto a page and convince people that Ron is the best pro-gun candidate while explaining how every other candidate fails in that regard. That's too much information to absorb in 1 ad.

However, if on the www.americansunitedforliberty.com website, when the "Candidates" section is created, if their anti-gun qualities are enumerated then someone who is willing to research further would be able to do so.

I'd just hate to fall into the trap of trying to do too much with 1 ad...I personally believe the current ad walks the line very well.

Why create and pay for a second ad when the first is a waste of money???

Gun owners are single-issue voters. I oughta know cause I've been one of them for nearly 50 years. We all think the same way. We all automatically vote Republican because we know all the Democrats are gun grabbing sons of bitches (that's me being extra polite).
We don't have to think about it, we just pull the lever. All Republicans will leave our guns alone, all Democrats want to steal them. PERIOD!

Except this time the Republicans (neocons) are trying to sneak a whole herd of Trojan horses past us and 99% of us don't have a clue because we are not paying attention, because WE DON'T THINK WE NEED TO. We have a long history of trusting the Republican party on this issue and we think all Republicans are pro-gun and therefore we don't have to do anything but go to the polls and pull the same old lever.

THEREFORE... a "Ron Paul is a good guy" ad will accomplish NOTHING. First you must wake us up. Then we will move en masse to the Ron Paul camp. AFTER we are awake, you don't need the other ad, because we are the most powerful single voting group in America. JUST WAKE US UP!!!

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Just to support my point:

In October I walked through an entire gun show, approaching each and every table, and said exactly the same thing to every person with whom I spoke:

"Do you know what Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, John McCain and Fred Thompson all have in common with Hillary Clinton? They are all anti-gun!"

You should have seen the looks I saw on people's faces. Jaws literally dropped. Except for two or three people in the entire building, not a soul had the slightest idea. It never crossed anyone's mind that a Republican could be anti-gun, let alone ALL of the so-called front-runners.

This is what you are dealing with. Wake this sleeping giant and watch the carnage that will follow.

And this is why I now despise the NRA. They should be sounding the alarm and they know it, but are saying nothing.

krott5333
11-28-2007, 05:03 PM
how bout this?

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/6868/Gun%20Ad%20Final%202%20compare%20the%20candidates% 20copy.png

Kingfisher
11-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I dont understand why you're hardly getting any donations

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
how bout this?

No! That won't work. Remember, when people see an advertisement they skim only a few of the biggest words, then decide whether to read the rest. You haven't "grabbed" them, so they won't read it.

You have to slap them right in the face with only a small handful of words.

Something like: THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE GUN-GRABBERS

or,

THESE TROJAN HORSES WANT YOUR GUNS

or a picture of Giuliani et al with big letters under it saying "DEMOCRAT GUN GRABBERS IN REPUBLICAN CLOTHING"

or just a picture of RP and a big headline that says:

THE ONLY REPUBLICAN WHO DOES NOT WANT YOUR GUNS

Of course that last isn't entirely true as Huckabee and one or two others claim to be pro-gun, but I don't trust them even a little.

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
BTW, that whole section about what the 2nd amendment is not about and preventing tyranny is wasted ink. Gun owners already know these things. This is preaching to the choir.

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh, good idea,

How about a wanted poster?!

Wanted Dead or Alive: Anti Gun Republicans

etc. etc.

murrayrothbard
11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
hey why not use one of the RP 'wise-old-man' black n' white photos instead of that cheesy grin pic? Would link it but can't seem to find it.

Smiley Gladhands
11-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Why create and pay for a second ad when the first is a waste of money???

Gun owners are single-issue voters. I oughta know cause I've been one of them for nearly 50 years. We all think the same way. We all automatically vote Republican because we know all the Democrats are gun grabbing sons of bitches (that's me being extra polite).
We don't have to think about it, we just pull the lever. All Republicans will leave our guns alone, all Democrats want to steal them. PERIOD!

Except this time the Republicans (neocons) are trying to sneak a whole herd of Trojan horses past us and 99% of us don't have a clue because we are not paying attention, because WE DON'T THINK WE NEED TO. We have a long history of trusting the Republican party on this issue and we think all Republicans are pro-gun and therefore we don't have to do anything but go to the polls and pull the same old lever.

THEREFORE... a "Ron Paul is a good guy" ad will accomplish NOTHING. First you must wake us up. Then we will move en masse to the Ron Paul camp. AFTER we are awake, you don't need the other ad, because we are the most powerful single voting group in America. JUST WAKE US UP!!!

Yeah, I see your point. We do need to inspire a sense of urgency regarding many issues, including gun rights. Apathy and complacency are our main roadblocks.

So who all's getting attacked....or rather....truth-told? Rudy, Mitt, McCain...what about Fred and Huck? Is that too many?

Smiley Gladhands
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh, good idea,

How about a wanted poster?!

Wanted Dead or Alive: Anti Gun Republicans

etc. etc.

lol....I like it.

:)

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I see your point. We do need to inspire a sense of urgency regarding many issues, including gun rights. Apathy and complacency are our main roadblocks.

So who all's getting attacked....or rather....truth-told? Rudy, Mitt, McCain...what about Fred and Huck? Is that too many?

Well, Rudy and Mitt are so completely anti-gun they don't even dare try to deny it, especially Rudy. He's flat out said he wants everybody's guns, period. McCain and Thompson can claim they only want to "stick it in a little bit" because they've only voted for some anti-gun legislation.

I would limit it to those four. I don't trust the other ones, but there is no smoking gun I am aware of yet.

sluggo
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Chipped in.

krott5333
11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
we'll go with this one.
final decision.. unless someone has a worthwhile suggestion for any SUBTLE changes.

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/6868/Gun%20Ad%20Final%202%20compare%20the%20candidates% 20copy.png

krott5333
11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Chipped in.

thank you very much.

remember though folks, we need to hit the gun demographic HARD! Go to your local gun shops and ranges, pass out the gun-rights slim jims.. get a table at every gun show you can! The Erie meetup group will be doing a table this saturday, should be a great time!

davidkachel
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
krot5333,

Do you have any advertising/PR experience?
Since you won't listen to me, please consult an ad agency where you live.
Maybe they can convince you. Wouldn't you rather reduce the risk of wasting your money?

krott5333
11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
krot5333,

Do you have any advertising/PR experience?
Since you won't listen to me, please consult an ad agency where you live.
Maybe they can convince you. Wouldn't you rather reduce the risk of wasting your money?

I would like to do what is best for Ron Paul.

I will look further into your suggestion.

in the meantime, people can keep on donating!

sluggo
11-29-2007, 04:51 AM
I really hope this can get funded. The Shotgun News has got a lot of readers.

Kingfisher
11-29-2007, 05:54 AM
This is GOOD. Lets do it

krott5333
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Chipped in.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif

krott5333
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
This is GOOD. Lets do it

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/highfive.gif

krott5333
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
i added military donations to the ad

nathanmn
11-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I like the idea of a two page ad, one which attacks Giuliani, Romney, and McCain and the second one being the pro-gun Ron Paul ad that you have come up with. It would cost double but I think that would drive both points home really well. I've already donated $20 though and am happy to see this project go forward in any way. Thank you Krott!

stuff to work with on Giuliani:
In this video Giuliani endorses Senator Moynahan's proposal for a TEN THOUSAND percent tax on ammunition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDjGnGCygs

"...some of the proposals of Senator Moynahan to add taxes to a lot of the ammunition to reduce the level of ammunition. All of that will help."

He also says:

"We have a horrendous number of guns in this country."

"The more we can reduce the large number of handguns in our society, the faster we are going to start moving this in the right direction."

"It makes much more sense to have a program in which we take guns out of society.."

Another video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emeu2KRt2Vg

He says:

"...therefore a person who wants to possess a handgun should pass a written test, should be able to pass a physical test in the actual use of the gun, and should have to demonstrate good moral character and a reason to have the gun. That those should be, essentially there should be a uniform law passed by congress that says every state has to adminster that."

"... and I've been arguing for that since at least 1980."

Another video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5DxwzEXHQ

In that one, Benito Giuliani announces his lawsuits against the gun industry.

Yet another video where Benito Giuliani announces his anti-gun beliefs and opposition to the NRA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ99sBfdqE0

Kingfisher
11-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Bump

JimDude
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
you know what? I like it.

sluggo
11-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, whatever the ad ends up being, we need to do it QUICK. I'll donate more for the cause this weekend.

Smiley Gladhands
11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Is the chipin meter moving up? It still looks like it's at $80 (for the past couple days), unless I'm doing something wrong.

sluggo
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Clear your cache. Mine says 210.

Smiley Gladhands
11-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks. I thought I checked it on multiple computers but I guess I didn't.

Carry on....

Everyone, chip in to the gun ad!!!!!

krott5333
11-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, whatever the ad ends up being, we need to do it QUICK. I'll donate more for the cause this weekend.

its going in the January 20th SHOTGUN NEWS. As previously stated, its one of the few glossy perfect bound editions which typically sell more, and its the edition that will be distributed by the thousands at the annual SHOT Show (Shooting/Hunting/Outdoor Trade). Its where all the manufacturers show off their new toys for the year.

The Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show and Conference (SHOT Show) is the largest and most comprehensive trade show for allprofessionals involved with the shooting sports and hunting industries. It is the world's premier exposition of combined firearms, ammunition, archery, cutlery, outdoor apparel, optics, camping and related products and services. The SHOT Show attracts buyers from all 50 states and more than 75 countries. The SHOT Show is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation and is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions.

Ive already been in contact with the advertising salesperson from Intermedia Outdoors, and the ad has been booked. Payment and artwork need to be submitted by December 17th at the latest, so we have little time to raise money.. and I wont upload the ad until a few days prior, just incase changes need to be made.

James R
11-30-2007, 01:23 AM
Donated! Its really important to target gun owners. If most gun enthusiasts vote Ron Paul, we win.

LibertyEagle
11-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Krott,

This ad needs someone good with layout and fonts to take a look at it and revise it. Linda Laguna in New Hampshire (Papergraphics) is very good at this. She is the same person who has laid out the Mosaic flyers, the Founding Father flyers, the ads we ran in the New Hampshire newspapers and the Founding Father ad run in USA Today.

I'll bet she would be happy to help you with this, if you'd just ask her.

Lord Xar
11-30-2007, 03:09 AM
I agree with LibertyEagle about the layout and such. Linda is extremely talented and will probably get you more room to work with, without looking cluttered...

are you doing the two page or the one page??

I will chipin in a few days.

krott5333
11-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Krott,

This ad needs someone good with layout and fonts to take a look at it and revise it. Linda Laguna in New Hampshire (Papergraphics) is very good at this. She is the same person who has laid out the Mosaic flyers, the Founding Father flyers, the ads we ran in the New Hampshire newspapers and the Founding Father ad run in USA Today.

okay I'll email her later today, headed off to work

work2win
11-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Bump.

I am happy with the current ad, but I'm sure that if she touches this up it will only be better.

krott5333
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Krott,

contact info?

sluggo
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
bump

Kingfisher
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
12-01-2007, 05:01 PM
contact info?

PM'd to you.

newmedia4ron
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
bump
Are you registered?
Are you a delegate?
Have you applied to be a Poll Worker and/or Vote Count Watcher?
Do you know your polling place?
Have you recruited other supporters to become delegates?
Have you circulated a petition?
Have you verified (from the horse’s mouth) that Ron Paul will be on your state’s ballot?
Do you attend GOP meetings (township - county – state)?
Have you canvassed collecting names and phone numbers and sent it to HQ?
Have you promoted Ron Paul to Christian media and ProLife groups?
Do you ask your local television stations to profile/interview Ron Paul?
Do you write letters to you local newspapers?
Have you promoted Ron Paul at gunshows, anti-war rallies, prolife meetings, etc?
Have you passed out registration forms to young supporters?
Do you call talk radio shows and pitch Ron Paul?
Do you have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of your meetup members to be ready to mobilize when needed?
Have you hit the streets passing out DVDs/literature?
Have you sent letters to celebrities asking for an endorsement?
Have you attempted to get your local public access channel to play Ron Paul videos such as his previous interviews in public access shows?
Is your meetup inactive? Then do canvassing/lit drops by yourself.
Have you requested “street lists” of registered voters?

sluggo
12-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Okay folks. Us gun-owners are a huge demographic.

So please DONATE (http://gunads.chipin.com/advertisements-in-gun-magazines) to get the following ad in the January 20th edition of SHOTGUN NEWS. Tons of dealers get shotgun news. Lots of people read Shotgun News. And best of all, the Jan. 20th ed. is one of the few editions of the year that has the glossy cover, which usually sells more.. AND, there will be over 3,000 copies of the January 20th ed. distributed at the SHOT SHOW, which is the big manufacturer expo for all the new gun products!

the ad:

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/6954/with%20military%20copy.png

donate here: http://gunads.chipin.com/advertisements-in-gun-magazines

:D

bump

sluggo
12-03-2007, 08:23 AM
bump

Corydoras
12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
The toll-free number needs to be checked. The ad says "1-888" but I think it's "1-877" BUT I'M NOT SURE which is the correct number.

manny
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I hadn't seen this new updated version of the ad. It looks great - I'm particularly pleased you put in a few points to show RP has the record to show he deserves the votes of those who care about the 2nd. Well done krott.

Gun owners are a good example of a group where all we have to do is put the info out there. If this group can be mobilised en masse to vote for RP it will be hugely important. RP has an amazing record on the 2nd amendment, never giving in to the bullying of the other politicians. We just have to get that message out and this advert does just that. I urge everyone to support this effort. Thanks again krott :) :)

BLS
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Krott, what's the status on this?

hambone1982
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
This is definitely a worthy project in need of our donations. Gun rights people tend to be politically active and the issue is polarizing for many... getting Ron Paul's flawless 2nd Amendment record out to those who believe in the 2nd Amendment the most can only bring new and needed exposure, especially at a time that practically all the other candidates are gun grabbers.

Absolutely.

LibertyEagle
12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
The toll-free number needs to be checked. The ad says "1-888" but I think it's "1-877" BUT I'M NOT SURE which is the correct number.

Good catch. The number should be 877-RON-PAUL

Smiley Gladhands
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Alright, let's raise some money for this thing, now, instead of the day of.

I've already thrown in $60.

If any number of y'all chip in a total of $100 before Midnight tonight, I'll throw in another $100.

Ready, aim...fire.

krott5333
12-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Krott, what's the status on this?

The status is I sent it to Linda Lagana who helped designed some other Ron Paul ad's to give her recommendations if applicable.

The ad is booked. The deadline for artwork and payment is December 17th.

krott5333
12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Good catch. The number should be 877-RON-PAUL

okay, i'll change it..

I'm not going to bother uploading a new edit until I hear back from Linda and get a finalization of sorts.

Smiley Gladhands
12-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Any takers on matching me?

I mean...come on.

:)

GoPaul
12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks *****!

You contributed $100.00 to Gun Ad in SHOTGUN NEWS!
Payment Details
Save or print this page for your records
12/4/2007
Receipt ID f68884bcba******
Paid By: ***** ***** (*****@*****)
For: Gun Ad in SHOTGUN NEWS!
Method: PayPal (*****@*****)
Total: $100.00

krott5333
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks *****!

Payment Details
12/4/2007

thank you!

krott5333
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
latest update

http://upshizzle.com/pfiles/8555/capturedata3282342.jpg

still working on a few minute details

Smiley Gladhands
12-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks *****!

Payment Details
12/4/2007

12/4/2007
Receipt ID 3a8b74b5b8******
Paid By: **********
Method: PayPal ******************

Thanks for the match!

krott5333
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
12/4/2007
Receipt ID 3a8b74b5b8******
Paid By: **********
Method: PayPal ******************

Thanks for the match!

wooohooo you are awesome

BLS
12-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Rugerman...please post again when the updated ad is finished.
I'm sure I've got some $$ for you, cuz I know how many people read the shotty.

krott5333
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Rugerman...please post again when the updated ad is finished.
I'm sure I've got some $$ for you, cuz I know how many people read the shotty.

I'll just update this thread anytime the ad changes.

It will be very similiar to the one currently posted above.

nathanmn
12-04-2007, 11:51 PM
BUMP... targeted ad that will reach a lot of people at the SHOT show. You can't ask for anything better. This will generate conversations and convert people.

krott5333
12-05-2007, 12:01 AM
BUMP... targeted ad that will reach a lot of people at the SHOT show. You can't ask for anything better. This will generate conversations and convert people.

thanks!

please donate, even $10 will help!

fortilite
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Nice and targeted advertising. Let's get this goal met!

LibertyEagle
12-05-2007, 10:48 PM
$50 Chipped-in.

krott5333
12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
$50 Chipped-in.

thank you!

krott5333
12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
i couldve sworn someone asked for readership numbers earlier..

LibertyEagle
12-06-2007, 07:08 AM
bump

Kingfisher
12-06-2007, 08:19 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
12-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Bump

fortilite
12-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Bump

krott5333
12-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I'll call the ad guy tomorrow and see if he can get me some readership numbers. I left his number at home. :(

Arklatex
12-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Chipped in $20 :D

krott5333
12-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Chipped in $20 :D

you are a great American ;)