PDA

View Full Version : Another "Ron Paul Rider"? "The Homeless Libertarian" begins biking across US

Nirvikalpa
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
http://thehomelesslibertarian.tumblr.com/

My name is Corey Constable. I知 22 years old and I知 originally from Indiana.

This fall, I値l be setting out on an adventure, riding my bike across America with my cat, Gooby, from Daytona Beach, FL to Santa Monica, CA. Along the way, I値l be meeting people and introducing them to the philosophy of libertarianism and voluntaryism.

I値l be speaking to strangers every day and engaging them in meaningful conversation about their lives and circumstances and what liberty means for them and their livelihood.

I値l be documenting my journey here, writing about the people I meet, the things I see, the conversations I have, and the lessons that I learn.

This walk is made possible by donations from my readers, and donations will be reciprocated with a prize.

$1 donations will be listed as a sponsor on this page, and will have their name listed in the book I will be writing about my experience.
$10 donations will receive a postcard with a message from me and will be listed as a sponsor.
$25 donations will receive a postcard, their name listed as a sponsor, and a free PDF copy of the book when it痴 finished.
$50 donations will receive all of the above, plus a hard-copy version of the book.
$100 and up will receive all of the above, as well as a t-shirt from vlntry news.

Click here to donate to my cause (http://thehomelesslibertarian.tumblr.com/donate). I couldn稚 do this without the help of people who appreciate what I知 doing and would like to see me continue spreading the message of liberty.

Click here to check out my route (http://thehomelesslibertarian.tumblr.com/route).

Suzu
09-26-2013, 08:01 AM
I hope he isn't planning to make the cat run alongside the bike.

Matt Collins
09-26-2013, 09:05 AM
This doesn't help our image of not being doped up hippies lol

brandon
09-26-2013, 09:11 AM
I haven't had good experiences with people with neck tattoos.

FSP-Rebel
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I hear ya on that but the dude in that pic was one of the people this biker-blogger was interacting with, not himself. I'm more tempted to donate to this cause as charity rather than activism, just so the dude stays fed.

Danke
09-26-2013, 09:55 AM

Ya, and I don't trust anyone under 30.

angelatc
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I like it, but not really sure it's effective activism. However, at 22, its a once-in-a-lifetime journey that will change his life, and that he'll remember forever.

Keith and stuff
09-26-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope people don't start screaming animal cruelty.

TNforPaul45
09-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Yeah because we have to adopt the GOP image of being stodgy, immutable, closed-minded white people who have a very narrow-minded view of the world and a disparaging view of anyone who doesn't fit our mental paradigm. You know, the image of the group that is quickly fading away after McCain and Romney represented it SO very well

(Walks over to sit and talk with the "doped up hippies")

Cabal
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM

Could be worse, at least our image isn't one of being hobbits.

...oh, wait...

MelissaWV
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM

How did you even get this from what Nikki posted?

You don't help improve the image of the LM, either. People already think it's made up of basement-dwelling hobbits with huge egos and a disconnect from reality.

:D

Edit to add: SEE!? HOBBITS!

VoluntaryAmerican
09-26-2013, 05:15 PM

...oh, wait...

...Are you calling... the Collins... a hobbit?

Thems fighting words.

Matt Collins
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM

...oh, wait...Yeah, John McCain already covered that one :cool:

Matt Collins
09-26-2013, 07:00 PM
People already think it's made up of basement-dwelling hobbits with huge egos and a disconnect from reality.

:D
I live on the 2nd floor, and I am not a hobbit :rolleyes:

(although being called a troll could sometimes be an accurate description)

Matt Collins
09-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah because we have to adopt the GOP image of being stodgy, immutable, closed-minded white people who have a very narrow-minded view of the world and a disparaging view of anyone who doesn't fit our mental paradigm. You know, the image of the group that is quickly fading away after McCain and Romney represented it SO very wellWell, if you want to win over their vote, then you have to at least look the part.

kcchiefs6465
09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Well, if you want to win over their vote, then you have to at least look the part.
Tick tock.

Nirvikalpa
09-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Well, if you want to win over their vote, then you have to at least look the part.

I'm curious as to why you are making these assumptions he looks "hippy"ish? Unless you're not reading the website listed, and confusing the people he is taking pictures of that he's stopped and talked to.

Or are you suggesting he bike over 10 miles a day in a suit?

You could always volunteer to send him a few t-shirts and cargo shorts that I saw you wearing before LPAC...

Matt Collins
09-26-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm curious as to why you are making these assumptions he looks "hippy"ish? Unless you're not reading the website listed, and confusing the people he is taking pictures of that he's stopped and talked to.
Riding across country on a bike and calling oneself "homeless" while attempting to promote the cause of liberty just continues to give ammo to people who try and label us as "fringe".

Henry Rogue
09-27-2013, 09:06 AM
In the early Seventies Two of my Brothers took similar journeys. One Brother rode from the Great Lakes region to California on a 450cc motorcycle, sleeping in ditches along the way. He got mugged once. My other brother and a friend took a canoe to the Hudson Bay. I'm not sure what river, I'll have to have him show me his route on a map. I know the canoe got beat up pretty good on some rapids, I have seen pictures of the bow folded completely to one side. They were shot at during their voyage. He said it was an Indian taking pot shots at them, maybe trying to scare them. He took his canoe trip before he was drafted into the army. My brothers were young and crazy, but they both turned out normal, each with a Wife, Kids and a career. I hope for success and good luck for this young man.

MRK
09-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Good for him. I won't donate though, as I'm not interested in what he has to sell. He will learn a lot of useful knowledge from his adventure, as we all do.

MelissaWV
09-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Riding across country on a bike and calling oneself "homeless" while attempting to promote the cause of liberty just continues to give ammo to people who try and label us as "fringe".

Um, some people don't have homes. Some folks have even been homeless and are part of RPFs. I know that is shocking, and that somehow having been homeless causes someone to be fringe, especially if they ride a bike.

Do you even listen to yourself at times?

There is a difference between showing up looking homeless at a political event, and simply riding across the nation to raise awareness (and dressing appropriately to ride a bike).

Honestly, riding a bike across the nation is that awful to you? Jeez. What must you think of a fringe character like RPH...

QuickZ06
09-28-2013, 07:42 AM

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :rolleyes: You're right, he should be a chain smoking, alcoholic lawyer, in a suit......How far could you even make it on a bike?

Henry Patrick
10-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm going to donate to you periodically, long as you keep riding. Mainly because, I am jealous as all hell and would love to do what you are doing, but for trying to be a lawyer and take care of my clients! Hopefully, I'll get In a bike tour of Calif. later this year!