PDA

View Full Version : INSANE Ron Paul gains on meetup.com in past 24 hours!

Zydeco
06-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Folks, RP has gained approximately 700 new members on meetup.com in the past 24 hours. I'm not kidding, this is beyond "spreading like wildfire," this is just nuts. He's up to 15,234 as I write this and about half of those are in the past two weeks. Way more members than any other candidate in either party; way more than all the other Republican candidates combined.

If you haven't joined or started a meetup group yet, click the link below. Everyone else is doing it, why not you? ;)

Looking at these numbers, I'm truly thinking the Ron Paul train is simply...unstoppable. :cool:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

Man from La Mancha
06-25-2007, 06:53 AM
just an hour ago I saw at 4:39 am pacific coast time a 132 viewers to this site which to this date quite unusual

Trance Dance Master
06-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Looking at these numbers, I'm truly thinking the Ron Paul train is simply...unstoppable. :cool:
Mega dittos.

DjLoTi
06-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah at 5am CST there was like 230 people on the forum, but only 9 or so were registered. I thought it was a glitch or something...

CasualApathy
06-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Saw that too. Probably just big brother :D

G-khan
06-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah at 5am CST there was like 230 people on the forum, but only 9 or so were registered. I thought it was a glitch or something...

I run a website that uses the same software as this and at times I have over 100 spiders on it and they show up as guests.. 24 hrs a day there are spiders crawling my site and at times they hit it very hard. Also if someone puts up a link to this site from another popular site you will get a big boost of guests when they first come over to view the link.. may have been real and not a glitch..

John of Des Moines
06-25-2007, 07:30 AM
I run a website that uses the same software as this and at times I have over 100 spiders on it and they show up as guests.. 24 hrs a day there are spiders crawling my site and at times they hit it very hard. Also if someone puts up a link to this site from another popular site you will get a big boost of guests when they first come over to view the link.. may have been real and not a glitch..

But what is a spider in internet lingo? :eek: (I know about the eight legged creatures, thank you very much. :cool: )

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Folks, RP has gained approximately 700 new members on meetup.com in the past 24 hours. I'm not kidding, this is beyond "spreading like wildfire," this is just nuts. He's up to 15,234 as I write this and about half of those are in the past two weeks. Way more members than any other candidate in either party; way more than all the other Republican candidates combined.

As I told Ed Failor in an email, I think he's really a closet Ron Paul supporter.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-25-2007, 07:37 AM

We'd better get googling to see what someone out there has posted about the forum. Josh, can you tell where a majority of the referrals are coming from? Google? A blog somewhere? If google, what search terms?

Noodles
06-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Scribbler,
I have wondered if you're not close to the truth. We need more Ed Failor's, that's for sure.

MsDoodahs
06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
The growth makes sense to me.

Meetups got together all over the country over the weekend. Active members brought a friend or two, once they got there and saw with their own eyes the enthusiasm and on the ground force RP is building, they joined when they got back home and online.

:D

:cool:

Patrick Henry
06-25-2007, 07:47 AM

If you haven't joined or started a meetup group yet, click the link below. Everyone else is doing it, why not you? ;)

That is a lot of spammers. :D

Zydeco
06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
That is a lot of spammers. :D

And they're all crazy. :eek:

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
But what is a spider in internet lingo? :eek: (I know about the eight legged creatures, thank you very much. :cool: )

It's a bot the search engines send out looking for keywords, content actually, for their search engine databases. Gotta let them in if you want to get googled.

beermotor
06-25-2007, 08:44 AM

It's just a program logging the pages and topics and crap. You can probably google your way to particular topics and posts deep in the forums. That's what spiders do.

ChicagoLawyer
06-25-2007, 09:06 AM
A lot of people view posts without signing on. I usually only sign on when I post. Just the way my browser defaults I guess.

jj111
06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Best page for comparative meetup membership statistics:

http://www.meetup.com/topics/polact/cand/pres/

I have been tracking statistics for the last week.
Over the last week, Ron Paul meetup members have been growing at 18 times the rate of Obama, and Obama is the #2 competitor. Rate of growth is more than 100 times faster than that of Hillary and Kucinich, who are #3 and #4.

Size of membership for Ron Paul is 3.1 times bigger than Obama, who is #2, and about 7 times bigger than Edwards, who is #3. About 20 times bigger than Hillary who is #4.

Ron Paul meetups ARE spreading like wildfire. It is explosive growth. Expect our grassroots to eventually be about 15 times or more larger than any other candidate given this rate of growth.

Original_Intent
06-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I guess thats why they call it viral :D

If we can just keep our momentum through summer, "Who is Ron Paul?" is going to be a memory.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-25-2007, 10:56 AM
If we can just keep our momentum through summer, "Who is Ron Paul?" is going to be a memory.

And we'll be able to say, "I was Ron Paul when Ron Paul was 'Who?'."

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 11:04 AM
John Kerry (!) has 68k waiting for a Meetup group to form.:confused:

JoshLowry
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM

It costs $12 a month to start a group. Otherwise people just sign up as "interested" in joining a group if there is not one in their area.

To me that means no one is passionate enough to put up the 12 bucks to start a group.

hells_unicorn
06-25-2007, 11:09 AM
When I first joined the Allentown Meet-up here in Pennsylvania there were only about 12 members, at our first meeting we were up to about 24, since then we've added 30 more members. Word is spreading, keep it up.

Original_Intent
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
When I first joined the Allentown Meet-up here in Pennsylvania there were only about 12 members, at our first meeting we were up to about 24, since then we've added 30 more members. Word is spreading, keep it up.

It's Moore's law on steroids!

DjLoTi
06-25-2007, 11:37 AM

I think that's from 2004

John of Des Moines
06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
And we'll be able to say, "I was Ron Paul when Ron Paul was 'Who?'."

Wasn't "Ron Paul Who" the fifth Beatle?

Bradley in DC
06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Wasn't "Ron Paul Who" the fifth Beatle?

I thought he played first base:confused:

Starlight
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
He´s now at 15,402!!

AZ Libertarian
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey, it's not 'viral' - if I give ppl the info on Ron AND THEY COME BACK FOR MORE, I tell 'em "You've been RON POLLENATED!!!"

LOL LOL ROFLMAO

torchbearer
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
He´s now at 15,402!!

OK, you got my attention. Is there a noteworthy explosion of sign-ups going on at meetup.com and if so... what areas are getting hot? is it Iowa?

jj111
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
It's exploding nationwide, 20% growth in the last 7 days, growing at 18 times as fast as Obama, and 100 times faster than Hillary. It is explosive.

ProximoAZ
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
It's been pretty consistent 3 - 400 per day for the last 3 weeks, doesn't really seem to be growing at an increasing rate as of yet.

DjLoTi
06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
lets keep it going, lets try and keep this rate of growth for like 2-3 months!! and then lets get it going even more!!!

Ronstock '08
06-25-2007, 08:52 PM

This is great news! Where did you find these numbers?